LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Dropped Passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by niners94:
Pro Bowlers make that catch...

actually, apparently they dont, because VD will be the NFC starting TE at the pro bowl this year. and its not even close.

That is because nobody watches NFC West games. 9 TD's and you are a video game god
Originally posted by zozell:
Change thread title to "Dropped TD Passes"

There were 3 that I counted today. Walker (there was interference but still shoulda caught it). Davis ( Right through his hands). Crabtree (as surehanded as he was a few weeks ago, he dropped a bunch today including the TD. he was spooked)

davis had two dropped td passes actually
Originally posted by Niners99:
Pro Bowlers make that catch...

actually, apparently they dont, because VD will be the NFC starting TE at the pro bowl this year. and its not even close.

Sadly though, Vernon is either going to get the #2 nod, or reserve spot. -Even if Vernon caught 30 TDs this year he'd still get snubbed for old man Gonzo's namesake.
Davis has had a few in the last game. They all have. Davis and Crabtree have done far more good for this team than bad and they'll fix the drop problem and stop being drive killers.

Someone get some stickum for Clifford Franklin!
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Davis has had a few in the last game. They all have. Davis and Crabtree have done far more good for this team than bad and they'll fix the drop problem and stop being drive killers.

Someone get some stickum for Clifford Franklin!

The pure thought of Alex Smith going into training camp with possibly a fresh new o-line from the draft/free-agency + a spread focus could lead to some insane chemistry/well-executed football.

I'm not gonna go overboard, but I think we could be the 2009 Saints in 2010.
V Davis reminds me a lot of T.O...Great plays but way to many dropped passes
THE DROPS HURT OUR TEAM INDEFINITELY, BUT THEY ARE NOT THE REASON WE LOST, THE FINAL POSSESSION IS THE REASON WE LOST. EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE THE GAME WAS OVER AFTER THOSE TWO CONSECUTIVE DROPS, NO, WE HAD ANOTHER POSSESSION WITH THE GAME STILL TIED, AND ALEX/JIMMY CHOKED!
Originally posted by prime21:
THE DROPS HURT OUR TEAM INDEFINITELY, BUT THEY ARE NOT THE REASON WE LOST, THE FINAL POSSESSION IS THE REASON WE LOST. EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE THE GAME WAS OVER AFTER THOSE TWO CONSECUTIVE DROPS, NO, WE HAD ANOTHER POSSESSION WITH THE GAME STILL TIED, AND ALEX/JIMMY CHOKED!

Hey caps guy, the game shoulda never came down to that point. There were mistakes galore throughout the game (muffed punt, fumble, tons of dropped passes). And people are so quick to point to the last offensive drive for us with the game tied, well how about that last defensive stand with the game tied? You could say that Alex played great throughout the whole game but failed to deliver on the last drive. But, the same could also be said about the defense. All in all, it shoulda never came down to that point. If you insist that Smith/Jimmy choked, then Smith (Keith)/ Greg also choked...
Originally posted by prime21:

He led two drives that were good enough to retake the lead and his teammates let him down. You are bashing him because he didn't do it a THIRD time in the 4th quarter? Give me a break! Go root for some other team. We don't need fans like you.
Alex failed on 3rd down all game long.

Originally posted by nflguy49:

True, but he also the reason why we were in the game, all game long.

-9fA

Gotta love the guy that puts the execution of 11 players on 1 guy. How about THE OFFENSE failed on 3rd down all game long.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:

Gotta love the guy that puts the execution of 11 players on 1 guy. How about THE OFFENSE failed on 3rd down all game long.

I've come to terms with the fact that as long as Alex Smith is the QB, there will always be people here who will place ALL the blame on Smith.

There's just no satisfying some people.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:

I've come to terms with the fact that as long as Alex Smith is the QB, there will always be people here who will place ALL the blame on Smith.

There's just no satisfying some people.

-9fA

Yeah. He's supposed to run down the field and catch his own passes too. If his receivers can't catch, he needs to go down there and catch it himself. Steve Young did that once.

LOL. It's just getting comical how some people still want to blame Smith. I've been on the fence with Alex up until recently. I think I'm falling off the fence on the side of him being a pretty good QB. I think he has a chance to be an elite QB. He looked the part yesterday, but was surrounded by massive amounts of FAIL in the WR, ball control, and coaching depts

Gonzalez would've made that catch.

The great ones make these clutch plays.
Share 49ersWebzone