There are 165 users in the forums

How we forget

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Every qb has a couple of bad games for the most part Alex smith has played really well and I think (pending the next games) has deserved the starters role for next year

again he has proved that when he has time (jags game) he can be a way above average qb

Disagreed. He has not earned a damn thing till he ends the season with a winning record. If that doesnt happen, we definitely need to weigh our options. Hill is our past, but we had a sh!tty O-line last year and he still managed to win, And we didnt have to exclusively run the shotgun to get good play out of em. We know Hill is not the guy, Im still not sure about Alex, yet I am impressed at what Ive seen, As far as earning the starting position Next Year, Ohhhhhhh No, not yet buddy, not yet.

The guys who get paid the money to decide will decide. Doubt they will use your criteria, but heh, it does look like Singletary is open to suggestions.
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by casadoba:
And lets not forget the Colts game with the game on the line in the 4th quarter. Smith could of lead us down the field to a game winning TD. Instead he throws a pick into coverage on the first play of the drive. Then on the next 49er possession he throws another pick into coverage on the first play of the drive. Thought Id just mention this in case u all forgot what happened.

And yet hes above average. Ha!!!

Remind me would you on just how many INT's Does Brett Favre have?????

And if you think that the first half of the Green Bay game was on Alex, then please tell what you would have had him due different. All he did was hand the ball off to Gore so he could get stuffed for a 2 yard loss, just in case you forgot what happened....!

"Oooh Ooh Oooh Mista Kotta Mista Kotta...

Yes Arnold what is it?

Well what about dat guuuuuy um um...

Moran Norris?

Umm uhhh uhhh yeeeeaaaahhh.

What about him Arnold?

Remember when he uuuuhhhh

Remember what Arnold?

When he got ummm stuffed goin fo dat inch?

What about it?

Wasn't dat dat QB's fault too?

I I I mean if heda called da right play the 49ers wudda gotit right?

Ummmm no Arnold I don't think that it works that way..."

~Ceadder

But, he threw the ball 7 times in the first half and should have 300yds and 8 TD's.

1. Delaney Tightrope to nowhere. Surefire TD had he remained INBOUNDS.

2. Crabtree DROP perfectly thrown spiral where only TREE could gitit. Another surefire score

Ummmmm MORGAN drops another in the EZ. That be 3. Should I continue? I think that I can find one or two more that had they been caught would have given even the most ardent of haters reason to climb aboard this train. Yes ZRF80 I'm referring to you.

The fact is that Alex put together as SOLID a performance on the field as any 9er QB has in the last 7 years. And please spare me the critical BS about how the Jags sucked.

Ummm last I checked their record going INTO the Stick was better than ours when they left. So I don't buy into that horse puckey.

Oh an Prime? There is one factor you're forgetting. Martz. He wouldn't do what Sing wanted and that was to call a Power Run game. Instead he made Shaun Hill look like the 2nd coming of Montana... well okay Montanya. In any case alot can be said about having an OC that can disquise the inadequacies of a short to medium range Passer. Notice once the Opposing teams realized WHAT Hill is they didn't allow much in the way of passing yards.

Only the stubborn refusal to change til midseason kept this Offense from going forward. Take a look at EVERY IForm Qtr this team ran. The Red Zone stats are sickening. Not to mention the 3rd down conversion stats.

If I remember correctly, during the Jax game the announcer stated that both Run Defense was 6th in the league and the Red Zone Offense working from the Spread was 6th in the league.

Oh an isn't Alex ranking 7th in QB rating? I'm not a big fan of that but combined with the red zone stat, it's not as bad as y'all are makin it out to be.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 5, 2009 at 22:16:22 ]
as long as hes doing good right now
i could care less about the past
Anyone remember the Tennesse game in which we went spread and shotgun and threw the ball 40 plus times. Smith had a horrible game in which he had 4 turnovers. Three of them were INT's. Look Smith has only won two games as being the starter this year, yet people forget how horrible he has been this whole year, with the exception of the Jags game. I cant stand people backing this kid and saying he is the future, here on out just after one win against a average team at best. Many were calling for his head including radio hosts on KNBR (Damon Bruce) and many fans as well after the Packers loss. Yet after just one week and one win, all of a sudden Smith is the answer.

Before we just come to any conclusions about the future of our QB position, we need to look back and analyze the whole body of work Smith has put forth. We cant do that till the season is over. Not saying this guy is not the answer but in my book one game doesn't give him the right to take the reigns of this team after this year. Smith needs to look impressive here on out till the end of the season. And I mean look good in 4 quarters of football. Not just one half of every game when were down by two TD's or more.

I love how people ignorantly speak about things, especially football when they just look at stats and judge somebody. Alex Smith stat's aren't even bad, yet he looks much better than that of his stats. Take the time to actually the same game everyone else is to reaize that you are way off on everything you are talking about. 49er fans like you are the reason why this forum is becoming less and less popular.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by krizay:
Anyone remember the Tennesse game in which we went spread and shotgun and threw the ball 40 plus times. Smith had a horrible game in which he had 4 turnovers. Three of them were INT's. Look Smith has only won two games as being the starter this year, yet people forget how horrible he has been this whole year, with the exception of the Jags game. I cant stand people backing this kid and saying he is the future, here on out just after one win against a average team at best. Many were calling for his head including radio hosts on KNBR (Damon Bruce) and many fans as well after the Packers loss.
Quote:
Yet after just one week and one win, all of a sudden Smith is the answer.

Before we just come to any conclusions about the future of our QB position, we need to look back and analyze the whole body of work Smith has put forth. We cant do that till the season is over. Not saying this guy is not the answer but in my book one game doesn't give him the right to take the reigns of this team after this year. Smith needs to look impressive here on out till the end of the season. And I mean look good in 4 quarters of football. Not just one half of every game when were down by two TD's or more.

I was reading a post the other day. Someone said that Alex has played 2 good games, because if you had the 2nd half of the Texans game and GB game, that equals 1 game. So Alex has performed well in half his starts........

I can't wait for everyone on this forum to bombard you with tons of emails once your ignorance for the fact that Smith is killing it right now and he wil prove your ignorance here in a couple weeks. It will be a glorious day. God, thank you for the ignorant people in this world, as without them we would not have what we call terrible entertainment.

Anyone remember the Tennesse game in which we went spread and shotgun and threw the ball 40 plus times. Smith had a horrible game in which he had 4 turnovers. Three of them were INT's. Look Smith has only won two games as being the starter this year, yet people forget how horrible he has been this whole year, with the exception of the Jags game. I cant stand people backing this kid and saying he is the future, here on out just after one win against a average team at best. Many were calling for his head including radio hosts on KNBR (Damon Bruce) and many fans as well after the Packers loss. Yet after just one week and one win, all of a sudden Smith is the answer.

you quickly forget 3 out of those 4 were b/c of the WRs
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Damon Bruce is a tool, wtf cares what he says...

the next 5 games will likely determine if Alex will remain the starter in the offseason. relax and enjoy the upcoming games, geeeeshh.

Damon is better and more realistic than any other Bay Area host we have. He is on point and on pulse with what the majority of those in the know feel.

all I have to say is.... 4th and 1! and a pin point toss to Vernon DAVIS! those are throws great players make.
Originally posted by 49ers:

the next 5 games will likely determine if Alex will remain the starter in the offseason. relax and enjoy the upcoming games, geeeeshh.

Damon is better and more realistic than any other Bay Area host we have. He is on point and on pulse with what the majority of those in the know feel.

Okay, they ALL have their merits. At least the 680 crew anyway. I tell ya man they are what keeps me in touch with the place where I grew up for many years. And while DBruce is a Chicago guy, he does try to remain impartial. Dude even sent me a package of 680 schwag a couple years back when I emailed him about how Boch neglects the small ball game way too much.

Anyway that group is thoroughly entertaining. The only complaint I have with them is when they get too politico. It's a Sports station not a Liberal Propagandistic station. When that happens I just turn the box down and find something to occupy me until it's over.

And much like Steve Young, I know when they are FoS as well.

~Ceadder
Smith has one good game and some are ready to crown him. My only concern is that the TEN Smith couldnalso come out or the Chi Smith. Remember, in the TEN game, Smith had time to throw.

Originally posted by 49ers:

he's too emotional, he's not rational and articulate with his points and he's CONSTANTLY contradicting himself. so no.
WOOOOW. Really? Another one? We needed another Alex Smith thread? Can you people get a f**king life? it's like some of you guys don't realize there are other problems on this team.

Oh, and OP. That was seriously the most ass-backwards post I've seen bashing Smith. Way to take stats out of context. You mention his 4 turnovers without actually considering HOW his turnovers occurred (bouncing off of reciever's hands, O-line getting blown up).

You know what kind of people take stats out of context to try and make their argument valid?

Retards.

I'm sure you can figure the rest out for yourself.

How many QB's look good for 4 quarters of football really? Peyton Manning is probably playing about 2 good quarters in most games maybe just 1. I dont care how many good quarters Smith puts together as long as we win.

And as far as calling him horrible the whole year, 84.7 rating by the way, then what is good? 158.3 or is that average in your book?
Share 49ersWebzone