There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you really think anybody's job is at risk in the offseason ?

Do you really think anybody's job is at risk in the offseason ?

None of them. The Yorks like this group for better or worse. You decide which it is.
Hopefully Scot and Sing/Raye/Line coach
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

I disagree with Raye. Then we are giving Alex 6 OC's in 6 years. Lets try the one thing we never tried. The same OC 2 years in a row.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Brother I feel your pain! I have ripped Singlary a lot on this board, but he has at least shown us something Nolan never did.

In letting Raye install some more shotgun pseudo-spread formation stuff, and finally trying to run out side the tackles last week. He has shown adaptability, the desire to win and the guts to admit to himself that he is wrong and needs to change. Nolan never did any of this.

I am not a fan yet, but I have hope for next season if Sing can continue to learn how to be a head coach and surrounds himself with good assistant coaches we will be fine.
There are plenty of assistants to fire this offseason! If Sing can do this he will have shown again the ability to admit mistakes fix them and move on.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 9ermex:
Of course not. I dont get all this nonsense about firing scott Mac. He has been deadly on his draft picks, the only one im thinking he missed somewhat is Balmer but we wont really know until the end of next year, i have all the trsut in the world that he is going to continue to get us very good players. NOw for the coaching, i was growing desperate watching the offense throw away games for us but the staff has shown the ability to change now that we have, we need to keep this thing going in the same direction for a little more that a few games and maybe we can reach our full potential next season, so taking all of that into account we MUST kep them all in here.

I agree but...

then he goes and cuts guys without a true replacement available.

i.e. Allen Rossum. That guy may have gotten injured and hey Scott may have known something that we or the rest of the league didn't, but it's the GM's responsibility to know what the personnel status is behind a guy OR even worse protect the interest of the team. If a guy is going to be PUP eligible or have to go on IR then it's Scott's responsibility to cover the team's butt and keep them out of player litigation. Scott hasn't done any of this so far as I am aware of so as I said his job may not be on the line but he should be VERY afraid.

Especially when Dwight Clark was brought back and Holmgren is available. Nobody't job is safe when they make poor decisions DURING the season. Unless of course you're the GM of the Boltz. lol

~Ceadder

cutting rossum was most likely a collective decision.....singletary and his staff had to make a roster decision and singletary most likely made the decision along with Scott.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
None of them. The Yorks like this group for better or worse. You decide which it is.

Only one wil be fired and that is the OL coach....but who replaces him?