There are 318 users in the forums

This offense could be SCARY good...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah with some better OL, and better QB

F'n troll get the f out of here. He mentioned this could be scary good with the current starting QB.

dang susweel...now you've made Alex Smith's mom mad, & start cursing at you.

Seriously man its almost comical how some of these dudes get hurt like as if I said something about there family members.

Message to this noob: Chill out if wonna last around here. Getting angry at every person that bashes a player your in love with will shorten your time in the zone.

Sorry again for my rant. You guys are my fellow Niners bros. See what happens when you drink in the middle of the day, your late night.. It was stupid, sighhh

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 5, 2009 at 23:20:47 ]
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Yeah if we had a QB, hopefully Colt is in our grasp next April.

lol i got bad news for you buddy. we arent drafting colt mccoy. know why? because first off, he isnt an NFL type QB. he probably wont succeed in the NFL game. and 2nd, you might not like alex smith, but the 49ers organization really likes him right now.

hes playing well, hes showing signs of drastic improvement, and for CHEAP. they already had to pay him out a huge amount, but now he makes next to nothing, and is playing well. we arent going to draft another 1st/2nd round QB that will command more money than smith already makes.

we arent drafting a QB next year. thats become clear now. Smith could be in line to be comeback player of the year. i think our front office and coaching staff is very pleased about this. lets go get some OL, S, and maybe someone to replace Franklin at NT when he leaves.

Alex Smith is playing well, ha that's not funny, I almost said it was, but it's not, the guy is a moron. He's like Louis from Charlie Brown, he needs his blanket, ie the spread f'ing offense. Drastic improvement course its drastic, he was playing beyond awful, now he's just playing awful to average. Colt wins football games, people said the same BS about Joe Cool, no arm, he's to small pssh. Watch last years Fiesta Bowl drive if you need a reminder. Especially since that game rings something similar to Joe's Cotton Bowl game way back when (minus the hypothermia of course). We don't have a QB on the roster to get it done, ie do what we do best win Super Bowls. If Colt is there, or Sam is there in the 2nd round for example, ie if we have a clear shot at one of those guys, we better take em. I don't wanna miss out on QB again, I mean the Packer game close the door on that lack of an argument, for good, we choked, Scot choked, we had our shot at the franchise QB and we choked, we shouldn't choke again, especially since unlike that '05 Draft there's more than one franchise QB at least it looks that way.

We will not be taking a QB in the early rounds, I can almost guarantee it....

Some of you will just never learn, Smith is our Starting QB just like some of us have been saying the entire time. Get used to it and swallow ur pride.....

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Dec 4, 2009 at 20:55:11 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

lol i got bad news for you buddy. we arent drafting colt mccoy. know why? because first off, he isnt an NFL type QB. he probably wont succeed in the NFL game. and 2nd, you might not like alex smith, but the 49ers organization really likes him right now.

hes playing well, hes showing signs of drastic improvement, and for CHEAP. they already had to pay him out a huge amount, but now he makes next to nothing, and is playing well. we arent going to draft another 1st/2nd round QB that will command more money than smith already makes.

we arent drafting a QB next year. thats become clear now. Smith could be in line to be comeback player of the year. i think our front office and coaching staff is very pleased about this. lets go get some OL, S, and maybe someone to replace Franklin at NT when he leaves.

Alex Smith is playing well, ha that's not funny, I almost said it was, but it's not, the guy is a moron. He's like Louis from Charlie Brown, he needs his blanket, ie the spread f'ing offense. Drastic improvement course its drastic, he was playing beyond awful, now he's just playing awful to average. Colt wins football games, people said the same BS about Joe Cool, no arm, he's to small pssh. Watch last years Fiesta Bowl drive if you need a reminder. Especially since that game rings something similar to Joe's Cotton Bowl game way back when (minus the hypothermia of course). We don't have a QB on the roster to get it done, ie do what we do best win Super Bowls. If Colt is there, or Sam is there in the 2nd round for example, ie if we have a clear shot at one of those guys, we better take em. I don't wanna miss out on QB again, I mean the Packer game close the door on that lack of an argument, for good, we choked, Scot choked, we had our shot at the franchise QB and we choked, we shouldn't choke again, especially since unlike that '05 Draft there's more than one franchise QB at least it looks that way.

We will not be taking a QB in the early rounds, I can almost guarantee it....

You never know bro.

I think wait and see what happens the rest of this year..

Of course with our top-o-the-line front office anything is possible!
GO NINERS!!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Any team that throws an average of 40 times per game is not going to fare well in the long run. The offense you saw against JAX is not going to be scary.

An offense that can block for Gore AND parts of the offense we saw last week could be scary.

Intimidating offenses don't throw 40 times beacuse then they become predictable.

Unless your the Colts....or the Saints......or the Vikings.....or the Patriots besides these teams you have a great point about throwing 40 times a game.
Originally posted by BayBombers:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Any team that throws an average of 40 times per game is not going to fare well in the long run. The offense you saw against JAX is not going to be scary.

An offense that can block for Gore AND parts of the offense we saw last week could be scary.

Intimidating offenses don't throw 40 times beacuse then they become predictable.

cept for the Colts and Patriots...2 of the 3 model franchises in the NFL...

I have to agree with you guys on this one. The better franchises pass more now. Look at the Saints and Philly even the Steelers have caught on.

tom brady, peyton manning, drew brees throwing 40 times a game is intimidating.
Alex is not quite there yet...

Just because the coaches havn't run an offense that SUITS HIM.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

I have to agree with you guys on this one. The better franchises pass more now. Look at the Saints and Philly even the Steelers have caught on.

Wait, do you really think AS is in the same class as the QB's you mentioned above?!?

There is NO comparison, please, get used to it, or read more..

I do however want to point out, WHOEVER WINS FOR OUR TEAM, is OK with me..
But a little reality never hurts unless of course you are on drugs.!

Rat Tails any one??
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Wait, do you really think AS is in the same class as the QB's you mentioned above?!?

There is NO comparison, please, get used to it, or read more..

I do however want to point out, WHOEVER WINS FOR OUR TEAM, is OK with me..
But a little reality never hurts unless of course you are on drugs.!

Rat Tails any one??

No comparison between Brees and Smith....hmmm If Brees was so great why did SD draft a QB to replace him? When he became a free-agent, barring the shoulder injury, why did teams not line-up and throw huge money at him? It was so obvious he would be great like he is now right? I'll tell you why. Brees was considered an average QB, just like morons like you think about Smith. The guy has torn it up when the team uses an offense that he understands, and he can be protected in, i.e. the line can block. Why did Atlanta trade Favre? He was a clear hall of famer right? So Atlanta liked GB so much they traded them arguably the best QB in 20 years? Again, it was because simple minded people like yourself said that the player couldn't do X, then when Favre landed in an offense that he could run, he blew up: JUST LIKE SMITH COULD DO. Still think no comparison?

[ Edited by LBSI9ers on Dec 4, 2009 at 21:29:51 ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Dream on bro, Smith is here for at least the remainder of his contract, and if he keeps improving, for longer than that. The supposedly great crop of QB's coming out this next draft are nothing special. You seem to not understand that no matter what QB we had drafted in '05 he would have struggled with the crappy team we had at the time. If we had drafted Rodgers and Smith had gone to GB, then Rodgers would have struggled and Smith would have had the benefit of learning behind one of the greats.

Stop that retarted argument please. Eventually we got good, and A-Rod always had his skills, the moron um well "he's good in the spread", come the hell on. We'd be defending NFC West Champs like we should of been the last 7 years cuz this is our division, but that's a whole nothing thing. Hell if we had Jeff Garcia we would of won the division last year. Peyton Manning got his butt whooped early on, just about every QB does, the thing is can he play, is he what his pick was worth, etc. To compare A-Rod to Alex, is like comparing Flash to Darko.

First off if you are going to call something retarded, at least spell it right, that way you don't look the part. I think the idea that you think we could have won the division with Garcia makes that moniker more suitable to you. It is obvious that you lack the ability to understand the difference between being drafted onto the worst team in the NFL and having a different OC every year and the stability of going to a team that was 13-3 and having a stable coaching staff, not to mention the benefit of learning behind a hall of fame quarterback. If you cannot see who had the better situation and how it would help a player to learn the game quicker, I just don't know what to say to you. If you cannot respond to an argument with any better of a response than to just say it is retarded because it doesn't jive with your personal feelings, maybe you should re evaluate your stance on the subject, because your response was weak and ignorant.

Dream on bro, Smith is here for at least the remainder of his contract, and if he keeps improving, for longer than that. The supposedly great crop of QB's coming out this next draft are nothing special. You seem to not understand that no matter what QB we had drafted in '05 he would have struggled with the crappy team we had at the time. If we had drafted Rodgers and Smith had gone to GB, then Rodgers would have struggled and Smith would have had the benefit of learning behind one of the greats.

Stop that retarted argument please. Eventually we got good, and A-Rod always had his skills, the moron um well "he's good in the spread", come the hell on. We'd be defending NFC West Champs like we should of been the last 7 years cuz this is our division, but that's a whole nothing thing. Hell if we had Jeff Garcia we would of won the division last year. Peyton Manning got his butt whooped early on, just about every QB does, the thing is can he play, is he what his pick was worth, etc. To compare A-Rod to Alex, is like comparing Flash to Darko.

First off if you are going to call something retarded, at least spell it right, that way you don't look the part.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

First off if you are going to call something retarded, at least spell it right, that way you don't look the part.

Can things be retarded?

Can things be retarded?

According to waiting4number6 an idea can not only be retarded, but also retarted.

Can things be retarded?

According to waiting4number6 an idea can not only be retarded, but also retarted.

That is funny man. I hate retarts too.
Originally posted by Nuns:

The New England Patriots avg 40.4 attempts per game. The top 3 teams in ATT/game are NE, Ariz, and the Colts.

In the bottom 5 are Oaktown, the Jets and Cleveland.

The Patriots and Colts are two of the most intimidating offenses in the league.

I think you should say the cards offense is intimidating as well. Boldin, Warner, Fitz, Breston, there fast player isn't even one of the above metioned aka yes im saying that fitz is the second fast person on his team. only behind the man that should have been a niner. DRC ran a 4.33 at he combine but has been report to run as low as 4.26. I think fitz ran in 4.63 range and yet he just seems so much faster then that.

Can things be retarded?

That is funny man. I hate retarts too.

Yeah once the original tartness is gone, it's time to move on.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Nuns:

The New England Patriots avg 40.4 attempts per game. The top 3 teams in ATT/game are NE, Ariz, and the Colts.

In the bottom 5 are Oaktown, the Jets and Cleveland.

The Patriots and Colts are two of the most intimidating offenses in the league.

I think you should say the cards offense is intimidating as well. Boldin, Warner, Fitz, Breston, there fast player isn't even one of the above metioned aka yes im saying that fitz is the second fast person on his team. only behind the man that should have been a niner. DRC ran a 4.33 at he combine but has been report to run as low as 4.26. I think fitz ran in 4.63 range and yet he just seems so much faster then that.

LOL

Not forty times...........FORTY TIMES. Kinda like the difference between throwing the ball and running against a stopwatch.

j/k man...

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Dec 4, 2009 at 21:44:14 ]
Share 49ersWebzone