There are 203 users in the forums

This offense could be SCARY good...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 505Niner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Yeah if we had a QB, hopefully Colt is in our grasp next April.

lol i got bad news for you buddy. we arent drafting colt mccoy. know why? because first off, he isnt an NFL type QB. he probably wont succeed in the NFL game. and 2nd, you might not like alex smith, but the 49ers organization really likes him right now.

hes playing well, hes showing signs of drastic improvement, and for CHEAP. they already had to pay him out a huge amount, but now he makes next to nothing, and is playing well. we arent going to draft another 1st/2nd round QB that will command more money than smith already makes.

we arent drafting a QB next year. thats become clear now. Smith could be in line to be comeback player of the year. i think our front office and coaching staff is very pleased about this. lets go get some OL, S, and maybe someone to replace Franklin at NT when he leaves.

Alex Smith is playing well, ha that's not funny, I almost said it was, but it's not, the guy is a moron. He's like Louis from Charlie Brown, he needs his blanket, ie the spread f'ing offense. Drastic improvement course its drastic, he was playing beyond awful, now he's just playing awful to average. Colt wins football games, people said the same BS about Joe Cool, no arm, he's to small pssh. Watch last years Fiesta Bowl drive if you need a reminder. Especially since that game rings something similar to Joe's Cotton Bowl game way back when (minus the hypothermia of course). We don't have a QB on the roster to get it done, ie do what we do best win Super Bowls. If Colt is there, or Sam is there in the 2nd round for example, ie if we have a clear shot at one of those guys, we better take em. I don't wanna miss out on QB again, I mean the Packer game close the door on that lack of an argument, for good, we choked, Scot choked, we had our shot at the franchise QB and we choked, we shouldn't choke again, especially since unlike that '05 Draft there's more than one franchise QB at least it looks that way.

Ummmmmm... this is absolute garbage... have you been watching the games? Alex has been playing "awful to average"??? Really? And you're actually making a Colt McCoy to Joe Montana comparison?

Ok... this gets my vote for dumbest post I have personally ever read.
Originally posted by 505Niner:

lol i got bad news for you buddy. we arent drafting colt mccoy. know why? because first off, he isnt an NFL type QB. he probably wont succeed in the NFL game. and 2nd, you might not like alex smith, but the 49ers organization really likes him right now.

hes playing well, hes showing signs of drastic improvement, and for CHEAP. they already had to pay him out a huge amount, but now he makes next to nothing, and is playing well. we arent going to draft another 1st/2nd round QB that will command more money than smith already makes.

we arent drafting a QB next year. thats become clear now. Smith could be in line to be comeback player of the year. i think our front office and coaching staff is very pleased about this. lets go get some OL, S, and maybe someone to replace Franklin at NT when he leaves.

Alex Smith is playing well, ha that's not funny, I almost said it was, but it's not, the guy is a moron. He's like Louis from Charlie Brown, he needs his blanket, ie the spread f'ing offense. Drastic improvement course its drastic, he was playing beyond awful, now he's just playing awful to average. Colt wins football games, people said the same BS about Joe Cool, no arm, he's to small pssh. Watch last years Fiesta Bowl drive if you need a reminder. Especially since that game rings something similar to Joe's Cotton Bowl game way back when (minus the hypothermia of course). We don't have a QB on the roster to get it done, ie do what we do best win Super Bowls. If Colt is there, or Sam is there in the 2nd round for example, ie if we have a clear shot at one of those guys, we better take em. I don't wanna miss out on QB again, I mean the Packer game close the door on that lack of an argument, for good, we choked, Scot choked, we had our shot at the franchise QB and we choked, we shouldn't choke again, especially since unlike that '05 Draft there's more than one franchise QB at least it looks that way.

Ummmmmm... this is absolute garbage... have you been watching the games? Alex has been playing "awful to average"??? Really? And you're actually making a Colt McCoy to Joe Montana comparison?

Ok... this gets my vote for dumbest post I have personally ever read.

What the hell has Alex done??? Get off the homer post already. He had one 'great' game in relief of Hill and still threw a pick at the end. He was so meager you think he was one of Mr. Scrooge's employees vs. Jay Cutler it's just oh yeah Jay threw 5 picks so it's and we won so whatever. He threw the game away against the Titans. He sucked vs. Green Bay it's just we have MC and VD to help the moron out, I mean he threw for under 50% in that game, I wonder who was the better QB, ummmmmmmmm, give me a break. And then he finally does something and it wasn't even spectacular against a bad pass defense who's missing their best and a guy who's a Pro Bowler. He's never thrown for 300 yards, they guy is a joke, Number 1 overall, it makes me sick.

As for Colt um check the performances and stats, cuz in terms of college which I said unless you just wanna go brain dead and remix my words around, and Colt's pretty darn similar to Joe, actually similar to Steve in general, just cuz of the foot speed and moves he can make, I mean 150 yds rushing last week and 300 yds passing are you serious? In the Big 12 for that matter, not in the Little (the Big) 10, or WAC or whatever. Dude is a balla, he's a winner more importantly and he'd be perfect for our offense, which would actually make it scary good. Instead of what it is now, something that could be beautiful being held hostage, by an utter bust.

Alex Smith IS playing well but until some of you guys get hit on the head with the playoffs or a 6 TD game you aren't going to see that. That is fine. Now to address your QB's.

Bradford and Alex Smith are very similar in skill set and size so that wouldn't be smart to trade pretty much the same player for a less experienced one now would it? Colt McCoy.... Tim Tebow.... lol

Jake Locker and Clausen could be good down the road. Clausen is more NFL ready. Clausen in my opinion is the best QB in the draft right now but Locker has the most upside.

Either way, we don't need a QB. I know you don't wanna miss out on that franchise QB that will take us to the promised land but you're going to have to. This team is missing 4 pieces and QB is not one of them.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Any team that throws an average of 40 times per game is not going to fare well in the long run. The offense you saw against JAX is not going to be scary.

An offense that can block for Gore AND parts of the offense we saw last week could be scary.

Intimidating offenses don't throw 40 times beacuse then they become predictable.

The New England Patriots avg 40.4 attempts per game. The top 3 teams in ATT/game are NE, Ariz, and the Colts.

In the bottom 5 are Oaktown, the Jets and Cleveland.

The Patriots and Colts are two of the most intimidating offenses in the league.

Saved me alot of time looking it up but forgot one. The Saints. Brees is having an All Pro year this year.

An lamontb? If ever there was a time to let Alex off the chain it's now. So I think that ya(as in the team) gotta give him a few series to see what happens. if nothing else it doesn't work out and then ya go back to what you were doing anyway. It hurts nothing to give him the ability to use his skills and put the Opposing Defense on their butts.

~Ceadder

There's a huge difference between THOSE guys attempting 40 per game as to Alex Smith or a QB who doesn't have masterful QBing skill throwing 40 per game. QBs who haven't mastered it requested to throw that much will throw more INTs than those guys. We need Gore to help out or teams WILL figure out Smith's weaknesses and there are a lot of them. Or they will figure out our WRs weaknesses and our guys are young. A good bump and run will make our passing game look like crap.

Just stop now Joe. This was not a Alex Smith thread. This thread was ENTIRELY about the Offense. But now that you mention it Alex has thrown for 8 TDs(could've been more as of the last game) in 8 Quarters of Football with THIS Offense. And I think that he's thrown what 2 INTs' in that same span? Both off tips? That's an 8 to 2 TD to INT ratio. I'd take that anytime over what running the IForm in 2 minute would give this team. And that's WITH Smith running the Offense.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

Alex Smith IS playing well but until some of you guys get hit on the head with the playoffs or a 6 TD game you aren't going to see that. That is fine. Now to address your QB's.

Bradford and Alex Smith are very similar in skill set and size so that wouldn't be smart to trade pretty much the same player for a less experienced one now would it? Colt McCoy.... Tim Tebow.... lol

Jake Locker and Clausen could be good down the road. Clausen is more NFL ready. Clausen in my opinion is the best QB in the draft right now but Locker has the most upside.

Either way, we don't need a QB. I know you don't wanna miss out on that franchise QB that will take us to the promised land but you're going to have to. This team is missing 4 pieces and QB is not one of them.

Wow you sound like a Laker fan defending Vuajic, honestly, he's got what 6, 7 picks in 4 starts. I mean hell if we had a decent QB we'd have a winning record now. The Colt game if we had one we win, the Titan game we win, the Bear game we win by 20, the Jag game we win by 30, the Houston game we don't get down by 20 in the first place. Give be a break and be real, for goodness sake, the game at Lambeau is your star witness in the I'm ashamed that that guy is our QB saga. You wanna talk about being outplayed. And we still got decent heat on A-Rod, difference is, Rodgers is gonna be Pro Bowler the rest of his days, Alex well I don't even wanna think about the guy. I defended him to no end. Something finally killed that, he's a lameoid. He has to have the spread to be any kind of QB, what is this college?! This is the NFL, which mean Not For Long (should of been anyways thank you Mike Nolan and Scoty Mac for not getting at least a Garcia in here), he's first overall and A-Rod with no O-line is f'ing lapping him. How do you throw for less than 130 yards, after having the ball handed to you 5 F'ING TIMES!? 10 points at home, vs. one corner and a converted corner who now plays safety. And your still defending this moron, jeez I'm a pretty big Niner fan, but this takes the cake, to blindly defend this lack of NFL QB is a sham, he should be a career back up, the only reason we're 5-6 rite now is cuz of the rest of the talent and the coaching staff. Get off the porch already, yikez.
Could be Scary good and could get Scary bad. I hope Alex continues to play like he did last week; but, lets not forget this is a guy that has historically thrown more INT's than TD's. With the change to the Spread, this looks to have dropped; but, I'm still leery. It's the once bitten, twice shy type of thing...

Not to be picky, but it is Linus. Still I'm impressed. Don't see a lot of Peanuts references here.

Wow you sound like a Laker fan defending Vuajic, honestly, he's got what 6, 7 picks in 4 starts. I mean hell if we had a decent QB we'd have a winning record now. The Colt game if we had one we win, the Titan game we win, the Bear game we win by 20, the Jag game we win by 30, the Houston game we don't get down by 20 in the first place. Give be a break and be real, for goodness sake, the game at Lambeau is your star witness in the I'm ashamed that that guy is our QB saga. You wanna talk about being outplayed. And we still got decent heat on A-Rod, difference is, Rodgers is gonna be Pro Bowler the rest of his days, Alex well I don't even wanna think about the guy. I defended him to no end. Something finally killed that, he's a lameoid. He has to have the spread to be any kind of QB, what is this college?! This is the NFL, which mean Not For Long (should of been anyways thank you Mike Nolan and Scoty Mac for not getting at least a Garcia in here), he's first overall and A-Rod with no O-line is f'ing lapping him. How do you throw for less than 130 yards, after having the ball handed to you 5 F'ING TIMES!? 10 points at home, vs. one corner and a converted corner who now plays safety. And your still defending this moron, jeez I'm a pretty big Niner fan, but this takes the cake, to blindly defend this lack of NFL QB is a sham, he should be a career back up, the only reason we're 5-6 rite now is cuz of the rest of the talent and the coaching staff. Get off the porch already, yikez.

I hate to interject some reality here but I think we can all agree until the Opposition has an answer for the Spread, we aren't going back to running the IForm as our Base.

SO, with that said Alex has TWO picks and 3 ALMOSTS in basically 2 games of play in the Spread. And 8 TDs. I could care less what he did in the IForm because this team isn't running it constantly anymore. Until they do the TD/INT ratio resulting from that system does NOT apply. So sorry.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by BHulman:

Not to be picky, but it is Linus. Still I'm impressed. Don't see a lot of Peanuts references here.

How did I miss his post? OMG we missed the choice because MAYBE the team SUCKED? It had nothing to do with WHO we got. It has EVERYTHING to do with we SUCKED when we had to make A choice. And the results from THAT choice would have been the same. Someone schedule that man a rectalcrainiotomy STAT he's suffocating with his head buried so far up there that his chin can't keep enough ventilation for him to breathe.

But waitaminnit, my bad schedule one for me too, cause mine is buried so far that I missed that it's ALWAYS Alex's Fault. Missed PAT? Alex. ST coughs up a return? Alex. Defense has a REALLY bad day? Alex. My kid can't go to St. Francis? It's Alex's fault that I don't have one.

Damn someone schedule mine before they schedule that n00bs. He can wait I'm the more critical of the two.

~Ceadder

You have no idea what you're talking about. You may be a big niner fan but you're clearly not a fan of actually knowing the game of football. Rodgers sat for 3 years before entering into a system he knew well and with talent around him. Rodgers was getting sacked over and over again this year because he was holding onto the ball too long, a problem which he fixed over the bi. I do not think he's been under too much heat since he has been getting rid of the ball. If Rodgers and Alex switched situations we would probably be bagging on Rodgers and wishing we'd drafted Alex.

I am not defending blindly. You are objecting blindly. Alex's rating out of the shotgun is over 100. Last week dropped balls are the only reason we didn't beat the Jags by 30 and Alex didn't throw for 300.

And you want to say, "Mmmm, why can he only throw from Shotgun? He isn't any good because he is a 'system' guy." Well....

Let me put this to you plainly.... The ONLY reason we're running the gun is because our OLine cannot protect.

• smileyman
  • Info N/A

I am not defending blindly. You are objecting blindly. Alex's rating out of the shotgun is over 100. Last week dropped balls are the only reason we didn't beat the Jags by 30 and Alex didn't throw for 300.

Last week Alex was 27/41. There were 6 dropped balls--and I mean six perfectly thrown balls that the receiver had and let go. The receivers make those and he's suddenly 33/41 which is an outstanding 80% completion rate.

Quote:

And you want to say, "Mmmm, why can he only throw from Shotgun? He isn't any good because he is a 'system' guy." Well....

Let me put this to you plainly.... The ONLY reason we're running the gun is because our OLine cannot protect.

I hate the "system" qb argument. All QBs are "system" qbs. Their coaching staff picks a system and says "Let's run this", and so they run it.

Take Peyton Manning out of Indianapolis and how well would he do? My guess is that he wouldn't have nearly the success--why? Because he's in a different system.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by BHulman:

How did I miss his post? OMG we missed the choice because MAYBE the team SUCKED? It had nothing to do with WHO we got. It has EVERYTHING to do with we SUCKED when we had to make A choice. And the results from THAT choice would have been the same. Someone schedule that man a rectalcrainiotomy STAT he's suffocating with his head buried so far up there that his chin can't keep enough ventilation for him to breathe.

But waitaminnit, my bad schedule one for me too, cause mine is buried so far that I missed that it's ALWAYS Alex's Fault. Missed PAT? Alex. ST coughs up a return? Alex. Defense has a REALLY bad day? Alex. My kid can't go to St. Francis? It's Alex's fault that I don't have one.

Damn someone schedule mine before they schedule that n00bs. He can wait I'm the more critical of the two.

~Ceadder

hahaha Yes, I agree, your kid not getting into St. Francis was all Alex's fault.
  • B650
  • Veteran

You have no idea what you're talking about. You may be a big niner fan but you're clearly not a fan of actually knowing the game of football. Rodgers sat for 3 years before entering into a system he knew well and with talent around him. Rodgers was getting sacked over and over again this year because he was holding onto the ball too long, a problem which he fixed over the bi. I do not think he's been under too much heat since he has been getting rid of the ball. If Rodgers and Alex switched situations we would probably be bagging on Rodgers and wishing we'd drafted Alex.

Smith seemed to run Turner's offense pretty well, so it isn't that he can't run a normal offense, it's just that we don't have the correct personnel and coaches to do so. I also agree that this guy has no idea what he's talking about.
Originally posted by B650:

Smith seemed to run Turner's offense pretty well, so it isn't that he can't run a normal offense, it's just that we don't have the correct personnel and coaches to do so. I also agree that this guy has no idea what he's talking about.

You should really go back and take a look at that myth year of great Alex. He may have had good first few games, but take a look at his last 9.

2006 was a myth year for Smith. Gore covering over 2000 total yards should answer a few questions.

Smith has had one legitimate game this year. Let's not get ahead of ourselved, ain't no one scared of Alex Smith until he does it 3 games in a row. 3 full games, that is.

[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 4, 2009 at 15:11:48 ]
c'mon guys, lets not get ahead of ourselves
Share 49ersWebzone