LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

This offense could be SCARY good...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Okay one thing that I haven't seen people talk about here is how good this Offense COULD be.

We've seen it run now for what amounts to two games. 2 2nd halves and 1 4 qtr. game. I have SEEN people bring up the idea of what happens when the other team has seen what you bring with the Spread. To that I would say we need to show a different look fro the same package.

That look is 2 minute drill the whole game. Alex KNOWS this Offense. He knows where everyone is sposed to line up he knows what Defenses SHOULD bring as an answer to different options. So why not let the man off the chain and let em run with it.

Especially against teams like Seattle and Arizona. We COULD for all intents and purposes run the table on the rest of season if they do this against the tougher opponents. We can worry about the opposing teams getting up to speed with the Spread in the off season if we do this as well. Because 2 minute drills don't allow the Opposing Defense to get the right personnel on and off the field. It tires them out and gives the Offense just another advantage.

Okay BREAK!!!

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 4, 2009 at 12:29:46 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
It COULD be scary good with a couple of good OG and a better RT.

This team could become POWER when it wanted and AIR DOMINANT when it wanted. You would have to respect both Gore, Smith and Crabtree/Davis.

+ 1 Golden Tate
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Yes, I'm on the Golden Tate bandwagon too
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah with some better OL, and better QB
Any team that throws an average of 40 times per game is not going to fare well in the long run. The offense you saw against JAX is not going to be scary.

An offense that can block for Gore AND parts of the offense we saw last week could be scary.

Intimidating offenses don't throw 40 times beacuse then they become predictable.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Any team that throws an average of 40 times per game is not going to fare well in the long run. The offense you saw against JAX is not going to be scary.

An offense that can block for Gore AND parts of the offense we saw last week could be scary.

Intimidating offenses don't throw 40 times beacuse then they become predictable.

Agreed. But it seemed like the 49ers were taking what the Jags gave them.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
It COULD be scary good with a couple of good OG and a better RT.

This team could become POWER when it wanted and AIR DOMINANT when it wanted. You would have to respect both Gore, Smith and Crabtree/Davis.

+ 1 Golden Tate

I need to see his measurables before I jump on the bandwagon. I know he's a bigtime playmaker, but there are alot of playmakers from college don't do s**t in the NFL. Plus, he probably won't be available after the 3rd round. We got to fill our holes at RT, G, OLB, S, fast CB and maybe NT (if Franklin leaves).

[ Edited by kronik on Dec 4, 2009 at 12:52:53 ]
Well, Doesn't other team that run this sort of offense look scary? INDY, PATRIOTS
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Gore can still get 1000 yards rushing, even with missing games because of his ankle
We have potentially 2 1000 yard receivers in Davis and Crabtree.

Add another stud WR, or develop Morgan and Hill and we have an awesome offense.

Both Manning and Brady are pretty close to averaging that.

you mean you want to go to a hurry up offense the entire game. This offense hasn't matured enough for that. They will probably need the off season to develop that.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran

The New England Patriots avg 40.4 attempts per game. The top 3 teams in ATT/game are NE, Ariz, and the Colts.

In the bottom 5 are Oaktown, the Jets and Cleveland.

The Patriots and Colts are two of the most intimidating offenses in the league.
Originally posted by Nuns:

The New England Patriots avg 40.4 attempts per game. The top 3 teams in ATT/game are NE, Ariz, and the Colts.

Saved me alot of time looking it up but forgot one. The Saints. Brees is having an All Pro year this year.

An lamontb? If ever there was a time to let Alex off the chain it's now. So I think that ya(as in the team) gotta give him a few series to see what happens. if nothing else it doesn't work out and then ya go back to what you were doing anyway. It hurts nothing to give him the ability to use his skills and put the Opposing Defense on their butts.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 4, 2009 at 13:05:34 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah with some better OL, and better QB

F'n troll get the f out of here. He mentioned this could be scary good with the current starting QB.
Originally posted by Nuns:

Share 49ersWebzone