Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Scot McCoughan on the hot seat??

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Mike Sando

By my count, the 49ers have drafted more current starters since 2005 than any team in the league. That reflects some good drafting. It also reflects the pitiful state of the 49ers before the 2005 draft.

nuf said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/10284/ruskell-vs-the-nfc-west-on-draft-day

Nuf said? And what has our record been since 2005?

Again a GM is not just SCOUT-IN-CHIEF of the draft. It's good drafting because Mike Sando says so? And just because you "draft a starter" that makes you good or improves the record how? A blanket statement without context to position. HA! And many of you were calling Smith a bust just 6 weeks ago. Please. The jury is certainly still out on that.

Bottom line -

Until this team finishes a season with a .500 record, Scott is part of the problem. Judge the record, not opinion.

Period.

The record and play of our team reflects that we have improved after every offseason. 3 years ago we would haven't even thought we could go to Indy and Minn and win and we had that chance this year. We have impoved drastically since 05 and that is what you ask for. We were 1 yad away from the playoffs last year. Scotty can draft IMO. Just ask the Panthers LOL.

This may be true that we've incrementally improved since 2005, however I compare McCloughan to other GMs around the league. I look at their decisions and I look at his. We weren't one yad away from the playoffs last year. Where did that come from? We had to beat the Dolphins and we didn't do that - not to mention another collapse from the OL and the defense (no pass rusher).

Do you guys give Alex Smith as much time and as many excuses?

If you clicked on the link, McCloughan has beaten the NFL average drafting in every category. That's how he's fared when compared to other GMs.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Mike Sando

By my count, the 49ers have drafted more current starters since 2005 than any team in the league. That reflects some good drafting. It also reflects the pitiful state of the 49ers before the 2005 draft.

nuf said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/10284/ruskell-vs-the-nfc-west-on-draft-day

Again a GM is not just SCOUT-IN-CHIEF of the draft. It's good drafting because Mike Sando says so? And just because you "draft a starter" that makes you good or improves the record how? A blanket statement without context to position. HA! And many of you were calling Smith a bust just 6 weeks ago. Please. The jury is certainly still out on that.

Bottom line -

Until this team finishes a season with a .500 record, Scott is part of the problem. Judge the record, not opinion.

Period.

The record and play of our team reflects that we have improved after every offseason. 3 years ago we would haven't even thought we could go to Indy and Minn and win and we had that chance this year. We have impoved drastically since 05 and that is what you ask for. We were 1 yad away from the playoffs last year. Scotty can draft IMO. Just ask the Panthers LOL.

This may be true that we've incrementally improved since 2005, however I compare McCloughan to other GMs around the league. I look at their decisions and I look at his. We weren't one yad away from the playoffs last year. Where did that come from? We had to beat the Dolphins and we didn't do that - not to mention another collapse from the OL and the defense (no pass rusher).

If you clicked on the link, McCloughan has beaten the NFL average drafting in every category. That's how he's fared when compared to other GMs.

-9fA

..... therefore McCloughan is the best or one of the better GMs in the league? LOL no way. That's not the point of an article titled: Ruskell vs. the NFC West on draft Day.

"By my count, the 49ers have drafted more current starters since 2005 than any team in the league. That reflects some good drafting. It also reflects the pitiful state of the 49ers before the 2005 draft. "

Just because a player "starts" does that mean he's good? Rachal, Snyder and Baas start but how good are they?

For the one thousandth time guys....

Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.

I did click the link. I asked this question above.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Dec 5, 2009 at 22:50:53 ]
I believe that young Jed is sold on Scot and Sing at least for a couple of years
Mike Sando

nuf said.

Bottom line -

Period.

-9fA

..... therefore McCloughan is the best or one of the better GMs in the league? LOL no way. That's not the point of an article titled: Ruskell vs. the NFC West on draft Day.

"By my count, the 49ers have drafted more current starters since 2005 than any team in the league. That reflects some good drafting. It also reflects the pitiful state of the 49ers before the 2005 draft. "

Just because a player "starts" does that mean he's good? Rachal, Snyder and Baas start but how good are they?

Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.Being a GM is about more than just drafting.

The irony is that the so-called "more talented" 49ers team with the "best GM in the world" lost to the "less talented" Seahawks team lead by a muffed end-around punt return by that gem of a pick-up, Brandon Jones.

You go Scott.
Mike Sando

nuf said.

Bottom line -

Period.

-9fA

The irony is that the so-called "more talented" 49ers team with the "best GM in the world" lost to the "less talented" Seahawks team lead by a muffed end-around punt return by that gem of a pick-up, Brandon Jones.

You go Scott.

SM is a complete failure. Nuf said

You go Scott.

With that logic, I guess Gore was a crap pick as well since he fumbled in FG range.

-9fA
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Scot's on the hot seat, and he also knows it. He said somethng to that effect after the Nolan firing.
I think we need a new GM even if we make the playoffs...he seems like a nice guy, but not sure if has the skills to be a good GM. He seems very uncomfortable in interviews, so unsure what to make of him.
This particular loss is on Singletary.

~ Running a reverse we didn't need when we were up on special teams.
~ Going for it and not taking the FG which came back to haunt us.

He's an absolutely terrible coach. I don't think we can win with him.
Who could the 9ers go out and get if they fire Scott McCoughan that would be an upgrade?
  • Mex49
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Who could the 9ers go out and get if they fire Scott McCoughan that would be an upgrade?

I'll do it
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:

Anybody, we can start with your grandma. I bet ya your granny would be better than SM.

You go Scott.

With that logic, I guess Gore was a crap pick as well since he fumbled in FG range.

-9fA

Gore's production.

Jone's production.

Does this even merit explanation/response? McCloughan apologist/excuse makers exposed.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
... to be fair he has been terrible at picking linemen (both O and D) but he has been sometimes good at other postions. The exception is Staley. .

I find it interesting how the line has seemed to jell and play far better when a suppose3d scrub took Staley's place.

Overrated perhaps?