There are 271 users in the forums

Is Frank Gore still our best offensive weapon

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Frank Gore still our best offensive weapon

Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Alright who voted B Miller! LOL

guilty

Dude I saw your handle, Blacksailmd, and thought it was Black Salami!
Even thought it wasn't for huge yardage, he was still the guy with the most receptions. That tells me he is our comfort blanket, which means he is on of the two most important player on our offense.

Who's the other? Our QB. With solid QB play, we can beat anyone, it has ALWAYS been this way.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Even thought it wasn't for huge yardage, he was still the guy with the most receptions. That tells me he is our comfort blanket, which means he is on of the two most important player on our offense.

Who's the other? Our QB. With solid QB play, we can beat anyone, it has ALWAYS been this way.

ANY RB with good hands is every QBs friend when there is trouble!
Nope it's Vernon Davis.
Duh. What's with the stupid questions? Cut it out already.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

Are you saying Brit Miller is our best offensive weapon? I don't understand your point here?

Are you saying Brit Miller is our best offensive weapon? I don't understand your point here?

The question is Frank Gore still our best offensive weapon? Which is basically like asking is 2+2=4?

The question is Frank Gore still our best offensive weapon? Which is basically like asking is 2+2=4?

Really because you can make an argument for Davis by looking at his TDs, or Crabtree by looking at his clutch 3rd down catches, Gores rushing numbers are not that impressive, I mean don't flame me out here I like Gore but things are changing more guys are getting involved through Alex's improved play, and I am curios plenty of people have called for Gore to be traded, I mean I can see the value in trading him as well as the value in keeping him so I was just taking a pulse!

Really because you can make an argument for Davis by looking at his TDs, or Crabtree by looking at his clutch 3rd down catches, Gores rushing numbers are not that impressive, I mean don't flame me out here I like Gore but things are changing more guys are getting involved through Alex's improved play, and I am curios plenty of people have called for Gore to be traded, I mean I can see the value in trading him as well as the value in keeping him so I was just taking a pulse!

I would like to correct my original comment on this. The QB is the most important player on this offense. WTF have we ever won with Gore having a good season? We need the QB to have a good season and you will see automatic playoffs.
I think what Steve Young should have been saying is it's time to take so much of the focus of the offense off of Gore. Gore has still been productive this year, and I don't know many backs in this league that would have better stats with the opportunities. He has been the only running back proven to be productive behind this growing offensive line. When he had Larry Allen blocking for him, he was a beast. The things they have struggled with are because the tendencies of the offense has been too predictable. ( Running a safe play doesn't mean run the same play you run every week) Maybe the offense should stop trying to make Gore the face of the offense but that's no reason to trade him.

Let's see Baas and Rachel have sucked this year and there's been too many games where Gore hasn't got his 20 plus touches, DUH his numbers aren't where they should be. Come on be real, he is our franchise guy rite now on the offensive side of the ball.
People are talking trade Frank Gore, a few seasons ago it was clear he was the best player on the team. With the development of Willis, he was no longer the best on the team. With the draft of Crabtree, and the emergence of Smith and Davis, is he still our best offensive weapon, at 28 years old is even in our future?

This just in Frank Gore only 26!

No, we have Willis Beasts, he's a retro hybrid player who plays 'Willis' on offense, and 'Beasts' on defense!!!

Let's see Baas and Rachel have sucked this year and there's been too many games where Gore hasn't got his 20 plus touches, DUH his numbers aren't where they should be. Come on be real, he is our franchise guy rite now on the offensive side of the ball.

Alright, here it is then, 4th down a long three to to the goal line last play of the game win you are in the play offs lose you go home. Do you give it Gore, throw it to Davis or Crabtree, or let Alex take the naked boot leg?

Who gets the rock when it is nut cuttin time!
When Martz came to SF, Gore spent alot of time talking to M Faulk about what it took to be a key part of that offense. Gore did pretty well adjusting so I see no reason that Raye's offense would make Gore less of a threat.

He will just get more passes than hand offs, probably allowing for a comparable amount of touches per game. It could extend his career being able to stay away from D linemen and getting matched up with LB's CB's and safeties. Less wear and tear getting hit by the smaller guys.

Alright, here it is then, 4th down a long three to to the goal line last play of the game win you are in the play offs lose you go home. Do you give it Gore, throw it to Davis or Crabtree, or let Alex take the naked boot leg?

Who gets the rock when it is nut cuttin time!

Wow so favre is more important than AP and Hutch cuz you dont run on 4th and long, give me a freaking break!
Share 49ersWebzone