There are 168 users in the forums

First 300 yard game for Alex against Seattle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
if Alex throws for 358 and we lose it doesn't matter too much. I can't believe VD dropped that TD.

No that was a bad pass.

THE BLOODY THROW HIT HIM IN THE FACEMASK.

-9fA

The game was based on the last drive not the missed catch guys, If that's the case the miss catch from branch should of been a TD but he didn't catch it. It's football mistakes happen, Alex managed the last drive very poorly with terrible throws. He still has not performed under pressure and that has been my issue with him. Can he get the W when the games count? Still has not proved it to me and won't this season!

Hope there getting Nate Davis some reps for the last 2 games of the season cause were not going anywhere.

My apologies, jdt84_2. I'm just really emotional right now.

Yes, you can say this and that. But at the end of the day, the players around Smith did not help him out at ALL. 10 dropped passes. Are you kidding me?

Gore's fumble is on Alex Smith as well, huh? Smith drove us from the 1 yard line on that drive only for Gore to cough it up when we were in FG range.

-9fA
With the game on the line, Smith drove the team 125 yards on separate drives, one starting on his own two yard line, only to have Gore fumble on one and then first Davis and then Crabtree not catch well thrown balls on the second.

After that, it is disingenuous to say Smith didn't perform well under pressure.

Although the loss stings bad..Alex is definitely looking like he has "it" now. What's killing us now is the lack of run blocking. The lack of run game. I'm very happy with the way our pass game is shaping up, particularly with the way Alex is starting to take command of it.
Originally posted by Blitz:
if Alex throws for 358 and we lose it doesn't matter too much. I can't believe VD dropped that TD.

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

The game was based on the last drive not the missed catch guys, If that's the case the miss catch from branch should of been a TD but he didn't catch it. It's football mistakes happen, Alex managed the last drive very poorly with terrible throws. He still has not performed under pressure and that has been my issue with him. Can he get the W when the games count? Still has not proved it to me and won't this season!

Hope there getting Nate Davis some reps for the last 2 games of the season cause were not going anywhere.

Yes, you can say this and that. But at the end of the day, the players around Smith did not help him out at ALL. 10 dropped passes. Are you kidding me?

Gore's fumble is on Alex Smith as well, huh? Smith drove us from the 1 yard line on that drive only for Gore to cough it up when we were in FG range.

-9fA
With the game on the line, Smith drove the team 125 yards on separate drives, one starting on his own two yard line, only to have Gore fumble on one and then first Davis and then Crabtree not catch well thrown balls on the second.

Although the loss stings bad..Alex is definitely looking like he has "it" now. What's killing us now is the lack of run blocking. The lack of run game. I'm very happy with the way our pass game is shaping up, particularly with the way Alex is starting to take command of it.

Agreed. I think today's game was a good indicator of why we need to be balanced. We could have used Gore more today - and i put a LOT of that on the run blocking.

It was great that Alex could throw even when we and the Seattle defense knew we would, but Gore left a big void.

-9fA

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

-9fA

I'm talking about the last drive with 50+ seconds left in the clock that resulted in a 3 and out. When a QB makes his mark in this league and distinguishes himself as a leader which on 2nd down missed a wide open Hill (overthrown) and 3rd down threw into double coverage should of been picked.

Everyone should know that the QB has a lot of responsibility and with that you got to take accountability that's all I'm saying. I want a QB that can perform in CRUNCH time when the team really need him to step up and get the W and he failed miserably.
I'm talking about the last drive with 50+ seconds left in the clock that resulted in a 3 and out. When a QB makes his mark in this league and distinguishes himself as a leader which on 2nd down missed a wide open Hill (overthrown) and 3rd down threw into double coverage should of been picked.

Everyone should know that the QB has a lot of responsibility and with that you got to take accountability that's all I'm saying. I want a QB that can perform in CRUNCH time when the team really need him to step up and get the W and he failed miserably.

Out of the 3 drives he took the team down the field, his TEAMMATES failed him TWICE. Enough said.

The fact that we were going deep on 3rd down with 50 seconds left is on Raye.

Keep nitpicking on Alex Smith. Your posts are foolish and it's no wonder you have little support.

-9fA

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

-9fA

Agreed. I think today's game was a good indicator of why we need to be balanced. We could have used Gore more today - and i put a LOT of that on the run blocking.

It was great that Alex could throw even when we and the Seattle defense knew we would, but Gore left a big void.

-9fA

I agree we need to be balance I don't know why people here start screaming SPREAD = Wins. This is not college it the NFL.

Gore rushed over 200 yrds over this team with the same o-line but yet we didn't run the ball because Alex, Crabtree and VD wanted to use the spread and Singletary said that they got to take responsibility for that.

That saying I don't believe Alex is the Quarterback of the future.

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

-9fA

-9fA

The problem is that we haven't been able to run all year. Aside from the big runs from Gore our offense hasn't been able to even get 1 yard on 4th and 1.

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

-9fA

-9fA

I agree we need to be balance I don't know why people here start screaming SPREAD = Wins. This is not college it the NFL.

Gore rushed over 200 yrds over this team with the same o-line but yet we didn't run the ball because Alex, Crabtree and VD wanted to use the spread and Singletary said that they got to take responsibility for that.

the blame alex excuse got old about 2 years ago....

Out of the 3 drives he took the team down the field, his TEAMMATES failed him TWICE. Enough said.

Keep nitpicking on Alex Smith. Your posts are foolish and it's no wonder you have little support.

-9fA

All that matters is the W and he has yet to do it when the games count, I just want you to open your eyes cause he's always been like that.

Actually its Alex, Crabtree and VD that went to Singletary and Raye that we should run the spread and I remember Singletary said that they have to take the responsibility. We need a balance offense but the fans and players sometimes think they know more than the coaches which it showed in this game that balanced = Wins
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

-9fA

All that matters is the W and he has yet to do it when the games count, I just want you to open your eyes cause he's always been like that.

Actually its Alex, Crabtree and VD that went to Singletary and Raye that we should run the spread and I remember Singletary said that they have to take the responsibility. We need a balance offense but the fans and players sometimes think they know more than the coaches which it showed in this game that balanced = Wins

Now your getting at out of hand man. VD dropped the game winner. That's not on Alex, he did his job and he did it well. Nowhere does it say Alex is solely responsible for getting a W. Stop trying to play it off like he is, it's a a cheap shot argument without much meaning to it when you do it, and nothing else.

BTW...Get used to Alex Smith as your future long term QB, cause that's more than likely what is going to happen. Here, let me help you with that river you got going...

[ Edited by Blitz on Dec 6, 2009 at 17:38:59 ]

-9fA

We as a TEAM haven't been in many games that count. It's not just Alex. It's also the WRs, the o-line and even the coaches.

I agree with the move to the spread only because this team cannot run block at all. We tried running Gore when Hill was there, remember? We couldn't move the ball at all. I think you've forgotten how bad this offense was when we put the ball primarily on Gore's hands.

-9fA

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

-9fA

-9fA

Alex shouldve had 4 tds and 350 + yds and its because of dropped passes in endzone that were in the WR hands
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by taney71:

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

Smith is clearly the starter going into 2010. Get over your hate of Smith.

Stop falling all over yourself over a QB who's good at loosing.

Why do so many people constantly spell losing "loosing".
Originally posted by RonMexico:

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

porque los mexicanos somos asi!
Originally posted by RonMexico:

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

shhhh. I get a good laugh everytime.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

No that was a bad pass.

-9fA

-9fA

-9fA

Alex shouldve had 4 tds and 350 + yds and its because of dropped passes in endzone that were in the WR hands

Dont matter that was against the Seahawks that formula won't work with the good teams you gotta be balanced. Don't believe Smith is the future QB of this team.

The fact that fans and players think they know more than the coaches is just hilarious but yet Singletary change his still cause media was screaming to do it.

Love Singletary he's trying to find the identity of this team and it's in the process. Smith is a Spread Qb and in this league it wont work multiple formation and balance are key to success and it has been shown over the years.
Share 49ersWebzone