LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

2010 the year we search for a new RB's coach ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I was hoping he would be our OC to bring back the glory days when he was signed as RB coach. I think he can see the writing on the wall that he isn't next in line to succeed Raye and wants to move on. Can't blame him.

I like the Niners have Raye oversee the Offense in 2010 with Johnson calling the passing plays and Rathman calling the running game. Many of the NFL teams are using this type of structure to help prepare their coaches to become coordinators

Many teams ? Or 2 teams ?
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Dec 7, 2009 at 9:37 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Footballcoachscoop is reporting it and Volnation has a thread on it....dunno how accurate the info is given FCS is not a reputable source however apparently Lane Kiffin is going to interview Rathman for a position on staff.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I was hoping he would be our OC to bring back the glory days when he was signed as RB coach. I think he can see the writing on the wall that he isn't next in line to succeed Raye and wants to move on. Can't blame him.

I like the Niners have Raye oversee the Offense in 2010 with Johnson calling the passing plays and Rathman calling the running game. Many of the NFL teams are using this type of structure to help prepare their coaches to become coordinators

Many teams ? Or 2 teams ?

I should have said "many teams have used"instead of "many" ... Arizona, Indy, Cleavland, and Denver are some of the teams that have used co-offensive coordinators for run and pass

[ Edited by BigYellowKahuna on Dec 7, 2009 at 10:45:50 ]
http://www.csnbayarea.com/12/15/09/Report-SJSU-narrows-coaching-candidates-/landing.html?blockID=103795&feedID=2539
i dont get why Rathman would leave the position of 49ers RB coach to go coach a non factor football program in college.
The inside source for the 49ers said Rathman had no interest in the job.
I know he is a good coach, but our lack of running game reflects on everyone connected to the run game.

I dont think he is going anywhere this season, he should be here at least 1-2 more years.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I know he is a good coach, but our lack of running game reflects on everyone connected to the run game.

I dont think he is going anywhere this season, he should be here at least 1-2 more years.

Oh so it's Rathman's fault the OLine sucks. Good knowledge.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Niners99:
i dont get why Rathman would leave the position of 49ers RB coach to go coach a non factor football program in college.

Everybody has to start somewhere. It's not like the Floridas, Notre Dames, and USCs hire unknowns out of the blue!

Granted Rathman is not unknown, but he has no experience as a head coach.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Everybody has to start somewhere. It's not like the Floridas, Notre Dames, and USCs hire unknowns out of the blue!

Granted Rathman is not unknown, but he has no experience as a head coach.

I can agree with that sentiment. I would hate to see him go, but if there is a chance that he could get time on a sideline as a HC, then I'm all for him doing what's best for his career.

But from what I have seen Rathman took himself out of contention. This may have changed but I don't think so. Now if Nebraska came calling? You KNOW he'd be all over that one.

~Ceadder
hope not
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

please no
When he accepted Singletary's offer literally the same day he cleaned out his office in Alameda he stated that a besides coming home to the Niners, he has kids in school in the Bay Area and wanted some stability for his family.

I'd say that unless he's offered a clear upward move that Rathman's not going anywhere.
I heard on ESPN today (I believe it was "College Football Live") that SJSU was going to hire the Defensive Coordinator fom Duke as their next Head Coach. I'm not sure what his name is though?

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 16, 2009 at 17:17:23 ]
Share 49ersWebzone