LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

2010 the year we search for a new RB's coach ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • evil
  • Veteran
Possibly could end up as the new HC for the San Jose St Spartans

1 not so reputable site Link

Quote:
San Jose State:
Sources tell us that Tom Rathman, San Francisco 49ers Running Backs Coach, was on campus and interviewed.

and 1 reputable site FWIW Link

Quote:
OUT: Dick Tomey. Retired Nov. 16 after going 25-34 in five seasons
POSSIBLE CANDIDATES: Oregon State defensive coordinator Mark Banker, Arizona defensive ends coach Jeff Hammerschmidt, Alabama offensive coordinator Jim McElwain, San Francisco 49ers running backs coach Tom Rathman.
THE BUZZ: Tomey, 71, retired after a career that had head-coaching stops at Hawaii, Arizona and San Jose State. He took the Spartans to the 2006 New Mexico Bowl, but they are coming off the worst season of his tenure (2-9). Getting to a bowl game at San Jose State is a big deal. The facilities are nothing special, even by WAC standards, and the fan support isn't the greatest. In addition, this is a school that has fallen on mostly hard times of late. But the recruiting base is solid, and outside of Boise State and Fresno State, the other WAC programs definitely have their ebbs and flows - and mostly ebbs.

While he is no lock for that job....I'm just giving ya'll a heads up that he may not be here for much longer.
I`d hate for him to leave but I`d wish him well if he did.
This isn't surprising. Dick Tomey is a former 49ers assistant coach as well.
I was hoping he would be our OC to bring back the glory days when he was signed as RB coach. I think he can see the writing on the wall that he isn't next in line to succeed Raye and wants to move on. Can't blame him.
Running wise, I don't know if we're any better than other years. Of course a lot of other things come into play: OL sub-par, better WR play, etc etc etc

Gore does look quicker in open space, but he's had trouble missing some holes.

But one thing is for sure, I feel that Gore is a much better blocker out of the backfield than before. I mean, he was always good, but I've seen him blow up some blitzers this year.
i swear it seems like every yr we have some team taking our coaches
Jeez, can't we lose one of our many BAD assistant coaches, can't we keep one of the few good assistant coaches we have.... Imagine losing him and he hires Tomsula as his DC :(
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i swear it seems like every yr we have some team taking our coaches

That's our fault!! maybe we can't keep a GF b/c the GF's don't like it here or we treat them like a b***h instead of a woman lol.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I was hoping he would be our OC to bring back the glory days when he was signed as RB coach. I think he can see the writing on the wall that he isn't next in line to succeed Raye and wants to move on. Can't blame him.

Dude you sound like Uncle Rico...

This is 2009!!!!! Jeezus f-in Christ....let the 80's go already.

Glory days are what they are....THE FREAKIN PAST!!!!

No wonder 49er fans have garnered the 49whiner nickname...

Originally posted by reasonable1:

Dude you sound like Uncle Rico...

This is 2009!!!!! Jeezus f-in Christ....let the 80's go already.

Glory days are what they are....THE FREAKIN PAST!!!!

No wonder 49er fans have garnered the 49whiner nickname...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He wont get the job, but if he does o well.

I like the Niners have Raye oversee the Offense in 2010 with Johnson calling the passing plays and Rathman calling the running game. Many of the NFL teams are using this type of structure to help prepare their coaches to become coordinators
  • evil
  • Veteran
Merc News Blog confirming Rathman as a candidate
Our offense is finally starting to click. We need to give our guys a chance and leave the coaches in place for atleast 2 seasons. We can't rotate coaches every season. Just like our players need consistancy in a system, coaches need time to efficiently work together.

A RB coach isn't going make Gore any better. Our OLine and scheme are what's hindering him.
Share 49ersWebzone