LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Anybody think we will come out conservative on Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If I were the Niners I would come out in a two tight end set with two wide recievers and a running back and than change to a spread formation and catch an early mismatch. With Delanie Walker and Vernon Davis spread out, anything would be possible at that point.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
If I were the Niners I would come out in a two tight end set with two wide recievers and a running back and than change to a spread formation and catch an early mismatch. With Delanie Walker and Vernon Davis spread out, anything would be possible at that point.

If they jam our WRs well, then we may see a lot of TE crossing routes or deep routes. However, they do have fast LBs. I still think we will dominate their defensive line and Gore will have a nice day.
I noted this a while back in another thread but yes, I think we will be more conservative this time not b/c of the stakes but b/c FRANK GORE owns Seattle and has always had his biggest games against them. Seattle is weak up front (small) and this may be a game where Seattle is preparing for the Spread more and we can do many runs out of it and control the clock and win with defense.

Speaking of defense, this is going to be a tough game. Hasslemyback may carve up our VERY weak middle (both safeties and middle LB's in coverage) esp. with the TE and when they go to 3 & 4 WR sets to exploit Roman and Brown.

IMHO
Originally posted by insanemike27:

Actually we came out in a two TE set against Jax last week.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
it would not surprise me if they go conservative to start the game. They tend tobe conservative in away game. Pluse with Gore's past success they would like to run first spread later.

I would go more playaction.

I think I have a different understanding of conservative. To me, running the ball isn't conservative if running the ball is working. To me, conservative means being satisfied with a 3 point lead or a 0-0 score.

If we get 5 yards a carry, then run the damn ball, but don't be conservative and NOT go for the jugular. We still need to hit em with hook shots by getting big chunks from the passing game if the runnning game isn't giving us big chunks.

True it's not conservative it's just ineffective. I hope they come out and mix it up. I mean seattle does watch tape can't come out doing the same thing from last week.

Conservative on the road to me means, you run the ball first and try to test their run defense. If it work, keep doing it until they can stop you then mix it up with the passes. If it doesn't work worst case scenario is a 3 and out.

Not being conservative is to test their pass defense early, if it doesn't work there's a chance it's a 3 and out, but also it might be an INT or an INT for 6

I think I want them to be conservative and try Gore first
f**k no
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have a feeling we will come out with a run first game plan because Gore has had big games against them with that game plan.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Its hard to judge how we will come out. I mean Gore always kills them but the spread is looking real good.
Originally posted by susweel:
I have a feeling we will come out with a run first game plan because Gore has had big games against them with that game plan.

Then, after the 3 and out, Raye will sigh and call spread formations. He won't like it, but he will.
Our only chance this season is to give Alex what he NEEDS to be successfull, sure, we got Gore but that doesnt mean that we have to run him everytime we give him the ball. Gore does a great job catching the ball. Why is this such a big deal? I could see if Gore didnt have hands, but if it werent for his size, he could play receiver in this league, the man is a PLAYMAKER receiving or rushing. Gore said himself that he can run out of any formation, so there you go.

I think we'll see a bit more balance this week. They are going to want to do some of what worked in the first game, but also feed off their recent success with the spread.

This could be a big YAC game for Crabtree. Seattle is traditionally very poor tackling in space against us (or Gore at least).
I think they should show passing formation --shotgun or 3 wrs set-- like we are going to test the spread early but run out of those formation. We will still be conservative to safe guard against turnovers early but show a more open, passing formation to the Seahawks defense to think about. Then when they think they have us figured out that we will run Gore, throw out of those same formations or playaction.
Share 49ersWebzone