There are 258 users in the forums

next two games will settle the Hill vs Smith argument once and for all!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pelos21:
What with these english teachers?

*English. Languages are always capitalized.
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
Originally posted by pelos21:
What with these english teachers?

*English. Languages are always capitalized.

Er, that's also "what's" not "what", but by now, it's a "mute" point!
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
why are some still bashing...and out right lying about Shaun Hill just because they disagree with what someone says???

there was some in here that ACTUALLY post that Hill didn't get the win in Arizona and that Gore and the defense should get all the credit.....

Gore and the running game couldn't do anything the whole game...and we tried over and over.... and of course the Defense played great....but because of our conservative approach the Cards finally scored on our defense......then Raye had to open up the playbook and Shaun did not let us down.... he gave us the lead with his arm....

but you knuckle heads believe what you want.... just don't post.

And another Smith basher u are .

lol, I didn't see Smith's name even mentioned in his post. Oh, such bashing. It is hurting my sensitive feelings.

Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
why are some still bashing...and out right lying about Shaun Hill just because they disagree with what someone says???

there was some in here that ACTUALLY post that Hill didn't get the win in Arizona and that Gore and the defense should get all the credit.....

Gore and the running game couldn't do anything the whole game...and we tried over and over.... and of course the Defense played great....but because of our conservative approach the Cards finally scored on our defense......then Raye had to open up the playbook and Shaun did not let us down.... he gave us the lead with his arm....

but you knuckle heads believe what you want.... just don't post.

And another Smith basher u are .

lol, I didn't see Smith's name even mentioned in his post. Oh, such bashing. It is hurting my sensitive feelings.

Lets see here if I understand what is going on....

First we have Sean Hill, career back-up with the heart of a lion, great understanding of the game, a noodle arm and a bad back, oh yea and he is crazy old.
Then we have Alex Smith laser rocket powered arm first overall draft pick in 05, who can't turn his back to the defense, cant play from under center, and seems to lock on and stare down his intended receiver rather than look off the safety.... But wait what is this Alex can play out of the spread, and is really freaking young and coachable? Hmmm.... where is the controversy?

Bottom line Hill is what he is and we know what he is, Alex has upside, and a few flaws in his game...

Both will do fine fine until a real stud QB comes along, but Alex has an upside, no brainer

ALEX starts and we don't stop looking for another QB!

If Alex gets it together and we have drafted another great QB tell me what does that hurt?

Walsh had Montana, but got Young, San Deiago had Breese but drafted Rivers, The Patriots had Bledsoe but took Brady, seems like we could take a Lockher, a Bradford, or sombody this year, can't hurt especially if Alex blooms!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hill did not beat these 2 teams. Our defense beat these 2 teams. Please watch the games before u speak.

LOL then who won the Bears game for us?? You know I accept that hes starting right now and am pretty much enjoying the play of Alex Smith, but you bias Alex Smith fans are selective too, as much as Hill fans.

LOL, when did I ever say Alex Smith won the Bears game????

I agree with you 100% that the Defense beat the bears. You bias Shaun Hill fans love to put words in other fan's mouths.

Bias Shaun Hill fan huh...LOL!!! You people make it like he cannot throw pass 10 yards and only stood in the backfield and handed the ball off, where's the credit for key drives in 2 out of 3 wins this year?? I brought up the Bears game, for one, its only 1 of his 2 wins, and it was a Shaun Hill like performance, don't see no mention of that?? And it could be argued that, the win against Jacksonville, the defense also had a lot to do with it also, or did Alex Smith stop Jacksonville from making a single touchdown in that game too, I mean he must of with all the Alex Smith hype going around now.
Hill did not beat these 2 teams. Our defense beat these 2 teams. Please watch the games before u speak.

LOL then who won the Bears game for us?? You know I accept that hes starting right now and am pretty much enjoying the play of Alex Smith, but you bias Alex Smith fans are selective too, as much as Hill fans.

I agree with you 100% that the Defense beat the bears. You bias Shaun Hill fans love to put words in other fan's mouths.

Bias Shaun Hill fan huh...LOL!!! You people make it like he cannot throw pass 10 yards and only stood in the backfield and handed the ball off, where's the credit for key drives in 2 out of 3 wins this year?? I brought up the Bears game, for one, its only 1 of his 2 wins, and it was a Shaun Hill like performance, don't see no mention of that?? And it could be argued that, the win against Jacksonville, the defense also had a lot to do with it also, or did Alex Smith stop Jacksonville from making a single touchdown in that game too, I mean he must of with all the Alex Smith hype going around now.

"Alex Smith hype"? More like some people trying to defend him against all the Smith hating. No one has made him into anything more than he is and even the biggest Smith supporter realizes that he needs a lot of work.
and the faxt that the cards sucked early in the sesone didnt have anything to do with it

Oh great QB talent evaluator you, do you still think Colt Brennan is a great QB prospect?

I understand your love for weak armed QB's but this is ridiculous. If you miss Shaun Hill so much, show us some of these great plays Hill has done. Why not compare completion percentage, TD - Int ratio, yards per attempt, yards per game. Please enlighten us why Hill is the better QB.

Another question, who had more 1st team reps during training camp and the beginning of the season?
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 2, 2009 at 11:00 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Oh great QB talent evaluator you, do you still think Colt Brennan is a great QB prospect?

I understand your love for weak armed QB's but this is ridiculous. If you miss Shaun Hill so much, show us some of these great plays Hill has done. Why not compare completion percentage, TD - Int ratio, yards per attempt, yards per game. Please enlighten us why Hill is the better QB.

Why, its like playing the same ole song and dance all over again, did you not watch Hill's games?? There's tons of Alex Smith vs. Shaun Hill threads that I've contributed to and said the exact same things in over and over. If you like you can go back and scroll through all my previous replies and see for yourself. And who said anything about Hill being better?? All I'm saying is like others who have supported different QB's, people choose to believe what they want. You made the statement that only the defenses won those games for Hill, I simply replied by mentioning Smith's game vs. the Bears, do you deny it?? If Hill was 1-3, how would you feel towards that?? But hey, the offense is gelling and fired up at times, and I'm loving it!!! My reply was only in regards to your first comment, didn't mean to insult poor ole Alex Smith, my bad.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Dude, the argument isn't mute. IT'S MOOT. Mute would mean it's still there but it can't talk. Sorry but this drives me crazy and I see people make this mistake every day.

Carry on.

Actually, you are both wrong, though it is not an uncommon error.

Moot means debatable. When something is moot, it is subject to debate. If something is decided then it is NOT MOOT.

So if the argument is moot then it is still subject to being debated.
Get over it man. Hill is not a starting QB in the NFL. He will not be successful on a consistent, long term basis. You have seen him play right?
  • B650
  • Veteran
I'm trying to decide which thread is worse: this, or the Brad Johnson one. It's a toss-up right now.

Why, its like playing the same ole song and dance all over again, did you not watch Hill's games?? There's tons of Alex Smith vs. Shaun Hill threads that I've contributed to and said the exact same things in over and over. If you like you can go back and scroll through all my previous replies and see for yourself. And who said anything about Hill being better?? All I'm saying is like others who have supported different QB's, people choose to believe what they want. You made the statement that only the defenses won those games for Hill, I simply replied by mentioning Smith's game vs. the Bears, do you deny it?? If Hill was 1-3, how would you feel towards that?? But hey, the offense is gelling and fired up at times, and I'm loving it!!! My reply was only in regards to your first comment, didn't mean to insult poor ole Alex Smith, my bad.

My original statement was made because the original poster implied Hill beat ARI & Seattle by himself. He never credited our defense which manhandled Warner, shutdown Boldin and Fitz. Nor did he credit Gore's 200+ yards and accounting for all the TD's against Seattle. He basically implied we beat Seattle and Arizona thanks to Hill's "great" play. Re-read the original post and tell me if it's my imagination or not.
The great thing about this, unless Brett Favre throws the game away against Zona, and well same wit Alex against Coffee Town, 2 weeks from now on MNF at on Bill Walsh Field, is where Alex 'freaking' Smith can win our division back for us. Who the hell knew? Even still we better find another option at QB next year either in FA or by drafting Colt or Sam.
Share 49ersWebzone