LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

next two games will settle the Hill vs Smith argument once and for all!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I think it was settled 5 weeks ago!

But before that, it was settled in preseason and TC when the variables were more at an even level and Hill won it.
Originally posted by Joecool:

But before that, it was settled in preseason and TC when the variables were more at an even level and Hill won it.

Alex didnt get the share of work that Hill did in camp. Thats a fact!

Not too mention they should go and read Jeff Kaplan's article. About how big this one win was. We were down and out, and Smith and the TEAM, came out with a victory. Some of us are b***hin, and not even lookin at the fact, that we actually won this game, that we NEEDED to win to remain in the playoff hunt.

Like someone said, with Hill in, it was lets see what he can salvage for the rest of the season.

By the way it's funny, cuz no one talked about the game last week, when Dilfer and company talked about Favre, and laughed their asses off of who has less INt's than him. They said "Shaun Hill, the former 9er qb, but we all know what happened with that, he's no longer starting. So what does that tell ya. LOL"

I didnt make it up, it was true, and just like Sing said at the beginning of the season. At that time Shaun gave us the best chance to win. He had one bad game we all crucified him for, but his backers, and team supporters said, your right, give him another shot. Two weeks later, and he looks worse than he did in his worst game. So as i said, why do we still talk about Hill vs. Smith.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Dec 2, 2009 at 10:24 AM ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Not too mention they should go and read Jeff Kaplan's article. About how big this one win was. We were down and out, and Smith and the TEAM, came out with a victory. Some of us are b***hin, and not even lookin at the fact, that we actually won this game, that we NEEDED to win to remain in the playoff hunt.

Like someone said, with Hill in, it was lets see what he can salvage for the rest of the season.

By the way it's funny, cuz no one talked about the game last week, when Dilfer and company talked about Favre, and laughed their asses off of who has less INt's than him. They said "Shaun Hill, the former 9er qb, but we all know what happened with that, he's no longer starting. So what does that tell ya. LOL"

I didnt make it up, it was true, and just like Sing said at the beginning of the season. At that time Shaun gave us the best chance to win. He had one bad game we all crucified him for, but his backers, and team supporters said, your right, give him another shot. Two weeks later, and he looks worse than he did in his worst game. So as i said, why do we still talk about Hill vs. Smith.

Why Not?

Originally posted by kronik:
Hill did not beat these 2 teams. Our defense beat these 2 teams. Please watch the games before u speak.

This, the OP is ignorant if he thinks Hill won the games, anyone that actually watched them can see the defense shut both of these teams down, and against the Hawks it was Gore more than Hill. I am worried about playing the Cards without Clements, he knows how to shut Fitz down.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Why Not?

Joe, Give it up brother. Hill is done. I know you gave him your lil gay "GAMER" tag but if he was such a gamer what happened against Atlanta and Houston.

And the Hill vs Smith argument was settled when Alex took over. He has potential so there is no reason to pull him out. But hill hit the f**king ceiling already.
[ Edited by aacadena on Dec 2, 2009 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Juniorminime:
Hill did not beat these 2 teams. Our defense beat these 2 teams. Please watch the games before u speak.

How do people come up with this stuff? I do not recall the defense giving Hill the ball with good field position in either game. Did we get any defenseive TDs? Did the D give up any turnovers? I am not clamoring for Hill to be back in there, but it sounds like you both need to... umm.. how did you say it? "watch the games before you speak"...

U obviously did not watch those games. Are u saying we didn't intercept Warner? Are u saying our defense didn't sack and pressure him all day? PLEASE WATCH THE GAMES.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

LOL then who won the Bears game for us?? You know I accept that hes starting right now and am pretty much enjoying the play of Alex Smith, but you bias Alex Smith fans are selective too, as much as Hill fans.

The defense definitely won that game...well our defense and their QB.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

LOL then who won the Bears game for us?? You know I accept that hes starting right now and am pretty much enjoying the play of Alex Smith, but you bias Alex Smith fans are selective too, as much as Hill fans.

LOL, when did I ever say Alex Smith won the Bears game????

I agree with you 100% that the Defense beat the bears. You bias Shaun Hill fans love to put words in other fan's mouths.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Dude, the argument isn't mute. IT'S MOOT. Mute would mean it's still there but it can't talk. Sorry but this drives me crazy and I see people make this mistake every day.

Carry on.

MOO point.

it's a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter....... it's MOO

George - Moops.
Bubble Boy - Moors.
George - Moops.
Bubble Boy - Moors.
George - Moops.
Bubble Boy - Moors.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The next two games are the real test when it comes to the A. Smith vs S. Hill argument! Hill beat these teams already, and he got the cards in Arizona with Warner as the starter.

So, if A. Smith can't beat the next two teams (Cards at home), the argument is moot and S. Hill is the best QB on this roster!

do you understand that Shaun Hill sucks
No, Glory it won't because you or another Smith hater/Hill will create another thread to prove that Hill is still better so it will never end because there will be no satisfaction for you all because Alex is not going anywhere.

All I can think about is Joe, Glory, the rest of the Alex haters singing the Lamb Chop song, "This is the argument that never ends..." Lame, but vision is there...

No it won't.
Please make these people stop making new Smith threads.

Share 49ersWebzone