There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

in any other division in the NFC we would be in 3rd or last place!

Thank god for the NFC West!

We will only go to the playoffs if we win the west, any other situation is off the table.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Dec 1, 2009 at 10:27 PM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
It would be easier to win the West, but hope is still alive for a wild-card spot as well.
dicision???????
  • Ether
  • Veteran
If we were in another division...

I'll one-up you and say if we were undefeated we'd be playoff bound.
Originally posted by B650:
It would be easier to win the West, but hope is still alive for a wild-card spot as well.

if we beat the seahawks this week, and the cards lose to the vikings (wich they should) we could tie the cards if we beat them on monday night.

Then even if we lose to the eagles (which is highly possible) but beat the rams and lions (very likely) and the cards lose to green bay (possible) than we win the west because we would have tied the cards and we hold the tie breaker!

Can you show me a wild card scenario even close to this one?
avually both wild card teams are 7-4 same as cardinals so its not tht bad
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

The difference is the schedule, cards have vikings then us! I trully believe we can control our own destiny if we beat seattle this week!
If we dont beat Seattle im gonna be pissed!!!
Good thing we're in the NFC West then huh?

Oh, and after those two 7-4 (philly & Green bay) teams there are two more 6-5 teams (Atlanta & Giants) ahead of us in that race! Not sure what thier schedules look like but I wouldn't count on beating those four teams to the finishline. We are chasing one 7-4 team and that is the cardinals.
Originally posted by chimp914:

YUP !
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
dicision???????

I am just now catching that, dam I'm slow! LOL
I just fixed it...
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by B650:

if we beat the seahawks this week, and the cards lose to the vikings (wich they should) we could tie the cards if we beat them on monday night.

Then even if we lose to the eagles (which is highly possible) but beat the rams and lions (very likely) and the cards lose to green bay (possible) than we win the west because we would have tied the cards and we hold the tie breaker!

Can you show me a wild card scenario even close to this one?

THIS is IT!
Originally posted by chimp914:

YUP !

Oh, and after those two 7-4 (philly & Green bay) teams there are two more 6-5 teams (Atlanta & Giants) ahead of us in that race! Not sure what thier schedules look like but I wouldn't count on beating those four teams to the finishline. We are chasing one 7-4 team and that is the cardinals.

We're as good as the Giants, the Falcons lost Matt Ryan to Turf Toe(2-4 weeks), and either of those first place wild card teams are in the "wild card" race for a reason.

It really doesnt matter what the scenario is, we can get into the playoffs. We just HAVE to win games bottom line
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home