LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

49ers hire Dwight Clark as..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers hired Dwight Clark as a business consultant to focus on sponsorship development, corporate hospitality and community investment.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Jed York has a knack for making up some crazy titles.
Championship
More VP's than the Patriots.
we need to bring back as many of the great former 9ers as possible.
Didn't he run the Browns into the ground with Carmen Policy?
I ate at his restaurant "Clark's by the Bay" a few times.. Is it still around?
Originally posted by matt49er:

In the right positions. Just because you were a great player doesn't make you 1) a good administator; 2) a good coach; 3) a good person in general.

I'm not trying to bash any of our former players but we as fans shouldn't be blind to the fact that ever former hall of fame player might not make the best GM or assistant coach etc.

Do they still play???

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

The building is still there. But "Clark's by the Bay" is long gone my friend Mr. Wilcox. Dwight sold the place in 1996 to the Italian owners of San Francisco's Cafe Tiramisu and it was rechristened La Rotunda Sul Mare.
Originally posted by taney71:

In the right positions. Just because you were a great player doesn't make you 1) a good administator; 2) a good coach; 3) a good person in general.

I'm not trying to bash any of our former players but we as fans shouldn't be blind to the fact that ever former hall of fame player might not make the best GM or assistant coach etc.

Clark has already been a Niner executive. He had pretty high level responsibilities under Policy with both the Niners and the Browns. Those last couple of years under Policy were not good years for the Niners (bad free-agent signings, weak drafts, salary cap hell) and both Policy and Clark got a lot of criticism. They didn't faire any better with the Browns. Loved Clark as a player, but I will be interested to see (past on his past adminstrative track record - albeit, in Policy's shadow) just what he will be doing for the Niners. But it would be great to see him around the stadium.
[ Edited by BHulman on Dec 1, 2009 at 3:30 PM ]

so basically they hired him to do nothing
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
49ers hired Dwight Clark as a business consultant to focus on sponsorship development, corporate hospitality and community investment.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Jed York has a knack for making up some crazy titles.

Didn't he draft Jim Drunken-Miller #1? and then JJ Stokes the following year?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just make sure they keep him far away from the draft room.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Yes
Originally posted by taney71:
Didn't he run the Browns into the ground with Carmen Policy?

YEs & us! he also screwed us hard on his way out! good player horrid business man. this is crap! i've hated him ever since he left for the browns. that was a good day!
Share 49ersWebzone