There are 227 users in the forums

Over under on VDs TDs

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Over under on VDs TDs

Originally posted by 49ersking:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
the Record for TE's is 13 (Gates)

5 games left and Davis has 9.

Of course a win is the most imp thing, but it'll be great if he can get multiple TDs in the Lions and Rams games.

yup getting into the playoffs far exceeds any records anyone on the team may break....

but that said, we're still play the Lions and the Rams... that's like 8 TD's already.
Davis will get 3, total 12
Crabtree will get 4, total 5
Gore will get 1, total 4
Morgan will get 1, total 2
Hill will get 1, total 3
Walker will get 1, total 1

Alex will finish with 22tds 10int in 8 1/2 games. we found our guy
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Dec 2, 2009 at 12:02 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
13 TD's and between 900 - 1,050 yards. A monster year that should have even KRIZAY on board.

He's put up big numbers no doubt. Props to him for that. I'm a little impressed by his turnaround but my stance remains the same. His little jump catch on the only route he can run is nice and all. But if you're the 2nd most targeted TE in the league you are going to put up numbers. Which is the only thing that separates him from others this year. Which is the same thing I said about Gates and Gonzo in my arguments. If you substitute Vernon with nearly any other TE and give them the same chances we get the same production.

All that is for another day though.

As I said Grats to Vern for maturing and having a good year. My stance hasn't wavered though.
^^ Sure he may be the 2nd most targeted TE, but isn't it because he is open, that he is being targeted as much as he is?

-9fA
Sorry kriz ole bean, but that argument of any TE could do that if he's targeted as much don't hold hash. In fact Gonzo is the most targeted TE ever. Correct?

So if he could do it he WOULD have done it. And hey whuttayaknow Raye was the Chiefs OC way back when. Go figure.

Gates? He actually did it and really the Boltz ain't been the same since. Wasn't his QB Drew Brees that year?

In any case the true reason that stance fails is because we got two TEs' on this team and only ONE of them is Davis. Not Gates, Not Gonzo or anyone else you think you can switch to this team. I would surmise that by year 2 of the aforementioned players' career with us(for the sake of the argument) they would have either gotten injured cause Hill kept forcin Passes into really bad spots(I can prove that he has btw) or they would have been screaming for a trade. I'm truly surprised that Duke never once vocalized that stance.

In any case I'm not saying that Davis is the greatest ever. In my eyes and those of alot of the Faithful, that spot is reserved for Jones. He of the lawn dart club. I like Duke and always have. His act was gettin a little old but then I think that it was nothing in comparison to one Terrell Owens. So I will give the man his props and allow him room to succeed. And he's doing a HELL of a job this year. Pro Bowl or BUST!!!

Hopefully that gets us the other Bowl.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
13 TD's and between 900 - 1,050 yards. A monster year that should have even KRIZAY on board.

He's put up big numbers no doubt. Props to him for that. I'm a little impressed by his turnaround but my stance remains the same. His little jump catch on the only route he can run is nice and all. But if you're the 2nd most targeted TE in the league you are going to put up numbers. Which is the only thing that separates him from others this year. Which is the same thing I said about Gates and Gonzo in my arguments. If you substitute Vernon with nearly any other TE and give them the same chances we get the same production.

All that is for another day though.

As I said Grats to Vern for maturing and having a good year. My stance hasn't wavered though.

so basically, you're saying that we're pretty much just forcing the ball to Davis?
Originally posted by filthydogma:
I certainly think that he could do it another three touchdown game against the Lions, one touchdown and 100 yards against Arizona, and this weekend he will have around 87 yards and a touchdown against the Seachickens so im almost positive he will break Gates's record no problem. Im gonna say 14, 15 possible touchdowns, and Crabtree should have three more touchdowns this season as well Morgan is almost nonexistent so far this season. All we can do is set back and watch.

I'm gonna say 14 with the offense opening up now. Hope he gets the record for TD's for TE's.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
^^ Sure he may be the 2nd most targeted TE, but isn't it because he is open, that he is being targeted as much as he is?

-9fA

He isn't really. Which I understand is a tribute to his being about to jump up for the ball. But he's no more open on that route than anyone else .

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Sorry kriz ole bean, but that argument of any TE could do that if he's targeted as much don't hold hash. In fact Gonzo is the most targeted TE ever. Correct? Ever? I have no idea?

So if he could do it he WOULD have done it. And hey whuttayaknow Raye was the Chiefs OC way back when. Go figure. Gonzo never done it? I'm pretty sure if Davis is or will do it. gonzo has done it. Whatever it is you are talking about.

Gates? He actually did it and really the Boltz ain't been the same since. Wasn't his QB Drew Brees that year? Again done what? So now that Davis has done "it" wthe 9ers won't be the same? Being targeted alot means big stats regardless of QB. See Eric Johnson and Tim Rattay. only 2 td's I know. But how many redzone trips did we have? I honestl don't knw and could be waay off for all i know so....

In any case the true reason that stance fails is because we got two TEs' on this team and only ONE of them is Davis. Not Gates, Not Gonzo or anyone else you think you can switch to this team. I would surmise that by year 2 of the aforementioned players' career with us(for the sake of the argument) they would have either gotten injured cause Hill kept forcin Passes into really bad spots(I can prove that he has btw) or they would have been screaming for a trade. I'm truly surprised that Duke never once vocalized that stance.

In any case I'm not saying that Davis is the greatest ever. In my eyes and those of alot of the Faithful, that spot is reserved for Jones. He of the lawn dart club. I like Duke and always have. His act was gettin a little old but then I think that it was nothing in comparison to one Terrell Owens. So I will give the man his props and allow him room to succeed. And he's doing a HELL of a job this year. Pro Bowl or BUST!!! I agree! ( i better not underline the last 2 words or.....)

Hopefully that gets us the other Bowl.

~Ceadder

so basically, you're saying that we're pretty much just forcing the ball to Davis?

I wouldn't say forcing per se. It's just who they appear they want to target. Which that is working so cool. I'm not bi***ing i'm just saying. I said from square one well, maybe square 3 or 4 that the only way to come close to justifying it was to throw him as if he's a #1 receiver. Which they are doing so they are somewhat justified.

I will read all of your responses to this but will refrain from commenting any further as it is pointless. He's having a great year, i'm trying to let you guys enjoy it. Despite his great year he hasn't changed/disproved my OPINION/stance.

So congrats to Vern and my answer to the thread question is 12!

No further responses (in this thread)
Quote:

I wouldn't say forcing per se. It's just who they appear they want to target. Which that is working so cool. I'm not bi***ing i'm just saying.

Seems like you insinuate that the coaching staff's plan of targeting Davis is wrong. Yet you admit that it is working........................................

Originally posted by krizay:

I said from square one well, maybe square 3 or 4 that the only way to come close to justifying it was to throw him as if he's a #1 receiver. Which they are doing so they are somewhat justified.

he's starting to crack!!

Quote:

I will read all of your responses to this but will refrain from commenting any further as it is pointless. He's having a great year, i'm trying to let you guys enjoy it. Despite his great year he hasn't changed/disproved my OPINION/stance.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If our offense continues to build chemistry/poise Vernon has a shot at 14 TDs.

+ 1
Im going to go with 12. Now that they will focus on Vernon more and more Alex will spread it around more.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Im going to go with 12. Now that they will focus on Vernon more and more Alex will spread it around more.

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Werd. Let me earn those boosters in my contract yo!!
13?
Share 49ersWebzone