There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Disappointed but optimistic

I, like many of you, got my hopes up for the playoffs after the 3-1 start, only to be disappointed when they let it slip away because the offense was just not cutting it. I had hopes of a home playoff game this year, but it's going to be tough to get there.

On the other hand, I can't help but have positive thoughts about the 2010 season. I think we are seeing a maturing of this young offense, and if they work on the spread for a whole off season in addition to the rest of 2009, they will be very strong on offense next year. Our defense is already showing potential as well. With those two 1st round picks and free agency, we can fill a few key holes (OT, OLB, S, C,OG).

I may be homering a bit here, but I think the 49ers will be a serious superbowl contender next year.
I agree, we should have signed Kurt Warner
Playoffs in 2010

Superbowl contender 2011 and onwards

but from next season, we are back in contention! No one sidelines us or writes us off any more!
Originally posted by King49er:

Yeah, he would have been our QB for what, one game before our oline let him get killed.
Man if only we still had Cody Pickett
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Man if only we still had Cody Pickett

Justin Smiley would be nice to have.

Even though his shoulder may be suspect...
[ Edited by DertyDonahue on Dec 1, 2009 at 12:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
I, like many of you, got my hopes up for the playoffs after the 3-1 start, only to be disappointed when they let it slip away because the offense was just not cutting it. I had hopes of a home playoff game this year, but it's going to be tough to get there.

On the other hand, I can't help but have positive thoughts about the 2010 season. I think we are seeing a maturing of this young offense, and if they work on the spread for a whole off season in addition to the rest of 2009, they will be very strong on offense next year. Our defense is already showing potential as well. With those two 1st round picks and free agency, we can fill a few key holes (OT, OLB, S, C,OG).

I may be homering a bit here, but I think the 49ers will be a serious superbowl contender next year.

I don't think we need a center at all. LG and RT and we're fine on the line.

As for the playoffs I think we have a definite chance. I'd say 35%. That isn't bad at all.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

I don't think we need a center at all. LG and RT and we're fine on the line.

As for the playoffs I think we have a definite chance. I'd say 35%. That isn't bad at all.

my bad. I meant CB... :P I agree that we are fine with Heitman. But I think we need to look for another rely good corner.
Originally posted by King49er:

No way. Warner would have gotten hurt with our oline and we would have had to pay for a high price injuried QB.
glad we did get warner. we don't need him. i think we can do it without him. one of the reasons why is obvious, he's old & we have a bad line. the other reason is kinda personal. the fact that he is one of two qbs to snub us when we went after him. i'm hoping the pieces fall into place & we prove him wrong(knock on wood). he used us for his contract dispute. i'm hoping that decision comes back to kick him in da a$$ in a couple of weeks & the rest of the year(again knock on wood). GO NINERS!!!!!