There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which other QBs did Jimmy Raye coach?

I was just wondering who were the qbs the Raye coached. Were there any good ones/Pro Bowlers?
tom brady
Elvis Grbac, not sure if he went to the probowl but he did throw for over 4000 yards I believe.
Y.A Tittle
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Y.A Tittle

Elvis Grbac (Elvis had his two best seasons under Raye, including a year where he threw for over 4,000yds), Steve Bono, Chad Pennington, Jim "don't call me Chris" Everett, Kerry Collins and the great Tony Banks. Amazing the Redskins won 7 games in 2001 with Tony Banks as their starting QB.
Originally posted by backontop:
Elvis Grbac, not sure if he went to the probowl but he did throw for over 4000 yards I believe.

Ravens considered him a big-time free-agent grab the year after they won the SB (which led to the dumping of Dilfer.) As most of us know, he was a major disappointment with them. His career just fizzled out. So it looks like Raye got the most out of the guy.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He uses Peyton almost exclusively in Madden.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Y.A Tittle

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Y.A Tittle

HAHAHAHAHAHA I JUST s**t ALL OVER MY BALLS!!!
Y.A Tittle

I have never had an issue with running the ball. In fact I really enjoyed Frank's many runs. I just had an issue with dumb play calls at crucial times. I must admit the coaching staff has done wonders with Alex Smith. I was never ragging on Alex because I never felt he had much of a chance what with stupid coaches etc. I did however wonder if the faults he exhibited were unfixable like passing late and erratically. You can see that his actions are much smoother now in that he can look downfield, move around and still pass accurately. All the actions mesh unlike before he looked like a gawky teenager. We all have seen qbs who never got past those sort of faults so credit is due to Alex and his coaches. If Johnson and Raye did do that for Alex, I imagine Nate Davis would become a superstar. He has just immensely better skills than any qb I have seen recently. I know some say he just played scrubs but when have you seen any qb come in under his circumstances and come up with wins? I think Peyton once had a godawful number of interceptions as a rookie. It wasn't just the fact he won but he looked better then most doing it. I don't know about others but I think aside from not hurting him by inexperience, I would not have any qualms as him being a starter. Next year, I expect he will burn teams alive in preseason because of his abilities. I however think in the long run he would do well to sit for a few years. He could play well into his thirties. If Alex continues to play well, Nate does not need to rush and developing that coordinated play that Alex has shown recently will make Nate a really great qb. I especially love that tight whiplike pass Nate tosses when he is rushed or needs to get the pass there fast. That ability of Nate to throw a regular, soft or fireball with about the same accuracy is really impressive.I think alex is showing that versatility too in that throw to Vernon. In the past that would have gone like a laser into the ground. Now he just lofts it softly so much I thought Vernon would drop it. I also want to say that I do not feel that Shaun Hill is all that bad but he needs to change like Alex. I really do not like how he throws often with just his elbow. It is no wonder they think his arm is weak. Much of it is technique imo. He has some horrible bad habits. When he steps into his throws as he does pretty often, he seems fine. I think if the blocking improves Hill could do very well.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Y.A Tittle

HAHAHAHAHAHA I JUST s**t ALL OVER MY BALLS!!!

Y.A Tittle

I woulda said Slingin Sammy Baugh, but you beat me with the Y.A. Tittle inference.

Though I did hear that Raye came through the ranks with Methuseleh.

~Ceadder