LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Alex Smith's Max Potential = Brad Johnson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:
Remember guys, attack the argument not the poster.

One of the whackest threads ever.....can't believe it has gone 8 pages.

Seriously, stop with the hate. Everybody knows your opinion. Your arguement is getting weaker with every thread/post. Hell, even billbird is starting to see the light, emphasis on "starting".

To compare Smith to Johnson is utterly ridiculous. I can't think of even one similarity.

Smith is a much improved quarterback, no one can argue with that. The only question that remains is can he be consistent, and trust me, you do not know the answer to that question. No one does.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by iohk:

even when you do that it still get labeled a personal attack so your screwed either way
Originally posted by King49er:
jesus christ, ZRF80 you are one stupid piece of s**t

although you may be correct, I'm sure someone has already alerted the authorities about you're personal attack

well worth it. lol

I sometimes feel like saying that to every Smith hater on this board. They are pretty much actively rooting against a 9ers player and love to point out times he makes mistakes.

It never fails to happen. When Smith does well they shut up but when the team does poorly (WR drops a ball etc.) they blame him.
NFL Red Zone QB rating leaders

NFL Leaders: QB Rating, In Opp 20 (Thru Nov. 29, 2009) (1.5625 Att/Game)
Rank Player Team Stats
1 Brett Favre Min 114.8
2 Matt Schaub Hou 110.5
3 Kurt Warner Ari 110.3
4 Chad Henne Mia 110.2
5 Jason Campbell Was 108.4
6 Carson Palmer Cin 107.0
7 Alex Smith SF 106.8
8 Drew Brees NO 106.4
9 Matt Cassel KC 103.7
10 Aaron Rodgers GB 102.1
11 Philip Rivers SD 101.1
12 Peyton Manning Ind 96.5
13 Eli Manning NYG 96.2
14t Tom Brady NE 95.8
14t Kerry Collins Ten 95.8
16 Kyle Orton Den 93.6
17 Donovan McNabb Phi 90.6
18 Ben Roethlisberger Pit 86.7
19 Mark Sanchez NYJ 83.5
20 David Garrard Jac 83.0

Smith is getting it done when it matters
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by BHulman:
How often does a Brady or Manning come around? Your giving ground saying he could be a Johnson. Guy was a Pro-Bowler with Minne and won a Super Bowl with Tampa. You seem to be getting nervous.

There's nothing wrong with that. Again, all Im asking is if everyone is ok with that kind of play, or do they prefer more ? Personally, I would want something more because I grew up watching Montana and Young. But I dont have a problem with Brad Johnson. Like I said, he was effective as a systems QB.

It wasn't so long ago that you (a couple of days ago I think) that you were telling us he was a "bust." Now he is Johnson; though you still advocate getting out of football Garcia for next season. Maybe in a couple of games he will work his way up to Mcnabb. After that who knows? Sorry if I have trouble taking your prognostications too seriously.

To me, he is a bust. I highly doubt that Alex pulls off a miracle at this stage of his career. He has been dismal, at best, ever since he was drafted. We've seen him have these types of games before, getting the masses all excited.....only to disappoint the following week.

However, Ive tailored the thread to your (supporters) liking. Assuming that he becomes the "future" of this franchise, do you think he can become an iconic player like Brady/Manning ? Probably not. He's more likely to be a Brad Johnson type player. Is it acceptable to you as a fan to have this caliber of play for the next 10-15 years, or do you expect more ? I see that a lot of people are having a hard time swallowing this. I guess the truth hurts....

Wow you would have saved yourself alot of ridicule and ME alot of time had you just opened up this thread with THIS.

Dude get over yourself already. The 49ers aren't making moves with ZRF80 in mind. If they did it would be great because we'd have every top caliber player in the league playing for the team.

Well okay they would be for a year and then the Cap would bite us in the proverbial keester and we'd be in Salary Cap purgatory til you finally kicked off. And even then I don't see the team pulling themselves out of that mess for another century.

In any case, DUDE, we GET that you hate Alex. You don't have to build any trap threads to suck everyone in so you can spring that bit of surprising news on us. We GET IT ALREADY, move on with your life or lack thereof.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM ]

you got 35 percent for that? lol Looks like you took one for the team
Originally posted by taney71:

although you may be correct, I'm sure someone has already alerted the authorities about you're personal attack

well worth it. lol

I sometimes feel like saying that to every Smith hater on this board. They are pretty much actively rooting against a 9ers player and love to point out times he makes mistakes.

It never fails to happen. When Smith does well they shut up but when the team does poorly (WR drops a ball etc.) they blame him.

Oh now waittaminnit...

they complain when he doesn't hit 300 yards. Nevermind that the Receivers have to cooperate and catch the ball then get some positive YAC for any QB in the league to get 300. They must think that cause they can hit 400+ yards on Madden that every QB in the league should attain 300 or they aren't worth keeping around.

~Ceadder
  • B650
  • Veteran
I wasted about 10 seconds of my life before I stopped reading the remainder of the post.

You see why a lot of veterans leave? It's because of ridiculous posts like this. This is from the same guy who wants to sign Vick or Garcia next season. Wow.

Would you rather have Brad Johnson or Shaun Hill? OK, so what's the problem? Wait, let me guess...Hill's max potential is...Kurt Warner?

Smith is all we have right now, and whether you want to hear it or not, the sky is the limit. We have a young team with a lot of weapons, and the way Smith is playing, he not only has secured his job for the remainder of the season, but it looks more and more like he's going to be a part of next season's plans as well. So, get used to it. Keep posting about how bad Smith is until you get carpal tunnel for all I care.
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM ]

well worth it. lol

You know I really dont like Alex. Glad he played Strong. Just because im not a fan of a player don't mean im rooting against the whole team. Those that root for a player to fail are just haters period and have no shame.Alex has looked good for 6 straight quarters. we will need atleast 16 more of those to get us in the playoffs.
Originally posted by B650:
I wasted about 10 seconds of my life before I stopped reading the remainder of the post.

You see why a lot of veterans leave? It's because of ridiculous posts like this. This is from the same guy who wants to sign Vick or Garcia next season. Wow.

Would you rather have Brad Johnson or Shaun Hill? OK, so what's the problem? Wait, let me guess...Hill's max potential is...Kurt Warner?

Smith is all we have right now, and whether you want to hear it or not, the sky is the limit. We have a young team with a lot of weapons, and the way Smith is playing, he not only has secured his job for the remainder of the season, but it looks more and more like he's going to be a part of next season's plans as well. So, get used to it. Keep posting about how bad Smith is until you get carpal tunnel for all I care.

Amen

It's too bad that the real criminals around here aren't banned for causing normally civil members to bout go postal. They are after all instigating over half of the issues around here and I'm one of the people that got caught up in their garbage. No more. No more.

~Ceadder
I LOL'd then I left.

This argument is the most retarded, stupid piece of s**t thing I have ever seen.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

well worth it. lol

You know I really dont like Alex. Glad he played Strong. Just because im not a fan of a player don't mean im rooting against the whole team. Those that root for a player to fail are just haters period and have no shame.Alex has looked good for 6 straight quarters. we will need atleast 16 more of those to get us in the playoffs.

Aye but there be the rub 4EVA. You aren't considered a "hater". Haters will never change their tune even when proven wrong. You're at least willing to give him enough rope to hang himself and the room to prove you wrong. There is nothing wrong with questioning a player. Shoot I wanted Barlow to prove me wrong. But he just kept dancin round in the backfield. I don't even think he's in the league anymore either. He had the tools to be a solid every down back. Just the mental tools weren't there.

So see not everyone who questions is deemed a hater. The trick is to understand that and not cross too many lines that can make you look like one. ZRF80 crossed the first one in a Lambo doing 230 mph and never looked back.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone