There are 178 users in the forums

Alex Smith's Max Potential = Brad Johnson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
AhHHhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhHH!!!!!!!
...wow.
Why does everyone keep posting threads about alex smith and a past NFL QB he most resembles..why can't alex smith just be alex smith and set his own standards?
This retarded thread is still open? I would have figured the mods would have put Z out of his misery by now. They must enjoy seeing his ignorance exposed.
If they can get several serviceable years out os Smith then that will work. I mean once again let's let the rest of the season play out then break him down. folks going from he's a bum b/c of a bad game to he's the next coming after one good game. Let's just let it play out and hope it plays out well.
Amazing to see everyones reactions for or against Alex. I don't think I've ever seen a player bring out so many emotional responses.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Amazing to see everyones reactions for or against Alex. I don't think I've ever seen a player bring out so many emotional responses.

can you think of a player that has had a first 5 years in the league like Smith? It's been pretty unique all around.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

can you think of a player that has had a first 5 years in the league like Smith? It's been pretty unique all around.

And that is very true.

Yes. Although both Young and Garcia caused very mixed reactions in their early days. Although you get "so-and-so isn't a patch on Montana and Young, not fit to carry their jockstrap" before he won his Superbowl a lot of fans felt almost as rabidly about Young and currently some do about Smith! One Superbowl ring wipes the memory! Then there was Garcia. Remember the gay accuasations?

It can take years to develop a quarterback. And I have to say that patience levels in the zone are not all that high!
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

And that is very true.

Anyone remember a player this divisive?

This never-ending feud between YAY alex smith and NAY alex smith will end only if one of the two things happen...

1) Alex Smith somehow takes us to the superbowl and wins.

2) Alex Smith stinks it up for another 2 or 3 years and gets cut.
Originally posted by English:

Yes. Although both Young and Garcia caused very mixed reactions in their early days. Although you get "so-and-so isn't a patch on Montana and Young, not fit to carry their jockstrap" before he won his Superbowl a lot of fans felt almost as rabidly about Young and currently some do about Smith! One Superbowl ring wipes the memory! Then there was Garcia. Remember the gay accuasations?

It can take years to develop a quarterback. And I have to say that patience levels in the zone are not all that high!

The words PATIENCE and ZONE should never be used in the same sentence
Originally posted by bigmike55:
This never-ending feud between YAY alex smith and NAY alex smith will end only if one of the two things happen...

1) Alex Smith somehow takes us to the superbowl and wins.

2) Alex Smith stinks it up for another 2 or 3 years and gets cut.

I dunno if he even has to stink. If he doesn't take the team to a SB and win then he'll be considered a bust by many around here.
Originally posted by FourNine49:

I want a superbowl victory! now! NOW! NOWWW!!! ProBowl or fail! I want all of our rookies to start and be playmakers!! Alex Smith needs to play like Montana! I want us to blow out our opponent every week 52-3!!!! nOWWW!!!!
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by FourNine49:

I want a superbowl victory! now! NOW! NOWWW!!! ProBowl or fail! I want all of our rookies to start and be playmakers!! Alex Smith needs to play like Montana! I want us to blow out our opponent every week 52-3!!!! nOWWW!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone