Alex Smith's Max Potential = Brad Johnson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Brad Johnson > Alex Smith
what a joke, I can't even read this BS
  • CalgaryNiner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ZRF80:
So what is Alex Smith's Max Potential ?

Please dont say things like "the sky's the limit", cause it's obviously not with this guy. He's a system's quarterback, and the highest "honor" I can give him is that of a player like Brad Johnson.

What makes you think anyone can even accurately assess "potential"? It's impossible. If everyone knew Tom Brady's potential, he wouldn't have been a 6th round pick.

I've been reading this forum for awhile and I think it's time some of the anti-Smith posters either put their support behind him for the next while or cheer for another team. Honestly...
Originally posted by CalgaryNiner:

Please dont say things like "the sky's the limit", cause it's obviously not with this guy. He's a system's quarterback, and the highest "honor" I can give him is that of a player like Brad Johnson.

What makes you think anyone can even accurately assess "potential"? It's impossible. If everyone knew Tom Brady's potential, he wouldn't have been a 6th round pick.

I've been reading this forum for awhile and I think it's time some of the anti-Smith posters either put their support behind him for the next while or cheer for another team. Honestly...

You from Alberta?
Originally posted by BHulman:
How often does a Brady or Manning come around? Your giving ground saying he could be a Johnson. Guy was a Pro-Bowler with Minne and won a Super Bowl with Tampa. You seem to be getting nervous.

There's nothing wrong with that. Again, all Im asking is if everyone is ok with that kind of play, or do they prefer more ? Personally, I would want something more because I grew up watching Montana and Young. But I dont have a problem with Brad Johnson. Like I said, he was effective as a systems QB.

It wasn't so long ago that you (a couple of days ago I think) that you were telling us he was a "bust." Now he is Johnson; though you still advocate getting out of football Garcia for next season. Maybe in a couple of games he will work his way up to Mcnabb. After that who knows? Sorry if I have trouble taking your prognostications too seriously.
Originally posted by KevinBarlow:
This threads Max potential = Stupid...

Hahaha
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
you're a horrible troll
And you know this because you read this in a fortune cookie, have a crystal ball..
Brad Johnson... hahah that guy sucks.

Would you guys prefer a Brad Johnson or Tom Brady for the next 10 years ?

Seriously. Assuming that Alex "pans" out, we all know that he will never become a Brady/Manning type player. He doesnt have the "it" factor, and can only function as a systems quarterback. In other words, feed him a playbook and expect him to execute. Basically, his career as a Niner will be similar to someone like Brad Johnson's (Vikings/Bucs).

Thats not to say that Brad Johnson wasnt effective. He was poised, accurate, moved the chains.....even won a Superbowl. But at the end, you knew he needed a lot going for him (eg defense, running game, etc.) in order to be successful.

So would you guys be okay with Smith, knowing that we will have our Brad Johnson (assuming he maxes out on potential) for the next 10-12 years ? A guy that will keep us close in games, but not be able to pull off the big one when needed ? Not to expect too much from him if the game goes down to the wire and he has to execute a 2 minute drill ?

Or would you guys prefer a Brady/Manning type player, able to adjust accordingly to game situations ? The ability to improvise, confuse defenses, have teams specifically gameplan against him ?

Be honest.......cause even the Smith supporters know that you cannot "teach" a QB to be great. Alex may become very effective, but he will never be like a Joe Montana/Steve Young mold.

What say you............is Brad Johnson "good" enough for the next 12 years ?

TO BILLLLLLLLLLL BRASSSSSSSSKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you guys prefer a Brad Johnson or Tom Brady for the next 10 years ?

Is this a serious question?

you are an idiot please stop posting
Originally posted by NickV:
I dont even read your posts anymore.

lool
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
this could be the gayest thread i have ever seen

agreed!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone