Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by iohk:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by iohk:
jesus christ, ZRF80 you are one stupid piece of s**t

although you may be correct, I'm sure someone has already alerted the authorities about you're personal attack

well worth it. lol

I sometimes feel like saying that to every Smith hater on this board. They are pretty much actively rooting against a 9ers player and love to point out times he makes mistakes.

It never fails to happen. When Smith does well they shut up but when the team does poorly (WR drops a ball etc.) they blame him.

You know I really dont like Alex. Glad he played Strong. Just because im not a fan of a player don't mean im rooting against the whole team. Those that root for a player to fail are just haters period and have no shame.Alex has looked good for 6 straight quarters. we will need atleast 16 more of those to get us in the playoffs.

Aye but there be the rub 4EVA. You aren't considered a "hater". Haters will never change their tune even when proven wrong. You're at least willing to give him enough rope to hang himself and the room to prove you wrong. There is nothing wrong with questioning a player. Shoot I wanted Barlow to prove me wrong. But he just kept dancin round in the backfield. I don't even think he's in the league anymore either. He had the tools to be a solid every down back. Just the mental tools weren't there.

So see not everyone who questions is deemed a hater. The trick is to understand that and not cross too many lines that can make you look like one. ZRF80 crossed the first one in a Lambo doing 230 mph and never looked back.

~Ceadder

Why is he Brad Johnson though? And how the hell can you predict that he won't be an elite quarterback?

Drew Brees was considered a pure bust not too long ago and we know how that turned out.

Point is, the question is ridiculous for so many reasons. You have no idea what he will be, you're talking as if there's a Brady/Manning alternative somewhere for us and since when do you need a Brady/Manning to win?
your threads just get more retarded by the day. smith has NO running game right now and he's still moving the chains and scoring 2 to 3 TD's a game and its an offense in a midseason transition with a horrible line. i think smith will be a great QB, he's well on his way and a full offseason in the same system will do wonders for his confidence, which is probably booming right now because he is playing very well. there should be a special section on the zone for all the troll threads...
Brad Johnson won a superbowl, so.....
First off I can't believe this thread has reached 10 pages, as I don't agree with the
A Smith = Brad Johnson arguement.

A Smith is A Smith plain and simple, his progression is night and day from the last time he was the starter at QB. He demonstrates far more poise, accuracy and shows real flashes at times, Maybe not OMG thats a HoF T Brady or P Manning type QB but flashes that say, hey we can win with this guy behind center! (You don't have to be a Pro bowl/HoF QB to win a ring, just ask T Dilfer)

It takes more than a great QB to win consistantly in this league, and right now QB is not a weaknesses on this team. Nor does this comparassion lack merit in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
This thread

It looks like Smith found an offense he can run. The same offense he tore it up with at Utah. Its a pass friendly league with all the p***y WR rules and QB rules.

That is the reality of it.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by BHulman:
How often does a Brady or Manning come around? Your giving ground saying he could be a Johnson. Guy was a Pro-Bowler with Minne and won a Super Bowl with Tampa. You seem to be getting nervous.

There's nothing wrong with that. Again, all Im asking is if everyone is ok with that kind of play, or do they prefer more ? Personally, I would want something more because I grew up watching Montana and Young. But I dont have a problem with Brad Johnson. Like I said, he was effective as a systems QB.

Brady is a system qb, so whats your point?
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by BHulman:
How often does a Brady or Manning come around? Your giving ground saying he could be a Johnson. Guy was a Pro-Bowler with Minne and won a Super Bowl with Tampa. You seem to be getting nervous.

There's nothing wrong with that. Again, all Im asking is if everyone is ok with that kind of play, or do they prefer more ? Personally, I would want something more because I grew up watching Montana and Young. But I dont have a problem with Brad Johnson. Like I said, he was effective as a systems QB.

Brady is a system qb, so whats your point?

Yeah. Montana, Young, Garcia, Brady, Manning, Brees.....all good system QBs.

Pure passers are guys like Favre, Elway, Marino, Jeff George, Cutler...
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM ]
Would I be satisfied if Smith went to the pro bowl a couple/few times and brought SF a ring?

I think we can give you a collective "F Yes."

Like someone said...Mannings and Bradys (Montana's and Youngs) are very very rare.

If we get even one ring out of Smith...he would be worth it. After all, didnt Steve truly only earn ONE ring? Does that make Steve's "value" go down? No. He was a GREAT QB period. Smith is no Steve obviously but if he can grow, and really becomes a master at executing the spread offense in the NFC (NFL)...then wow...that would be something. He'd be dangerous and teams would have to game plan for him.

So yeah...Id take Smith if he ended up like Brad Johnson (pro bowler + sb winner). derrrr

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Would I be satisfied if Smith went to the pro bowl a couple/few times and brought SF a ring?

I think we can give you a collective "F Yes."

Like someone said...Mannings and Bradys (Montana's and Youngs) are very very rare.

If we get even one ring out of Smith...he would be worth it. After all, didnt Steve truly only earn ONE ring? Does that make Steve's "value" go down? No. He was a GREAT QB period. Smith is no Steve obviously but if he can grow, and really becomes a master at executing the spread offense in the NFC (NFL)...then wow...that would be something. He'd be dangerous and teams would have to game plan for him.

So yeah...Id take Smith if he ended up like Brad Johnson (pro bowler + sb winner). derrrr
Smith is the next Drew Brees, not the next Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
this could be the gayest thread i have ever seen

Took Steve Young years to become the qb you now say Alex could not become. Your equivalent back then used to call him the deer caught in the headlights.

Smith can, in time and with good coaching and support, join the pantheon of great 49er qb's. Whether he will remains to be seen.
Smith won't be here that long.
Share 49ersWebzone