LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Who do you want as PR

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you want as PR

Originally posted by B650:
I'd like to give Hill a chance. As for Bly, I don't think it would a smart idea to put him back there and risk losing another CB.

I'd go with Hill as well.He's got some moves and speed.Didn't he return a few punts last year or the year before if I'm not mistaken?
reggie smith or jason hill
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Devin Hester

This, or (more realistically) Josh Cribbs.
I don't particularly like anybody we have as a PR...we have a number of options for returning KO's, but not so punts. My solution is to work a trade w/Browns for Cribbs...they're a horrible team and he could really make an impact in SF. Besides his KR abilities, he can play receiver and contribute in more ways than Rossum did.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Anyone but Jones this year....next year though, Javier Arenas (Alabama CB) is the best combo PR/KR in the country, and could be worked in to cover the slot WR on defense. If he's there in the 2nd, we'd be crazy not to draft him.

You think Arenas is going that high? But yeah, he's the one to get in the draft as far as PR/KR goes.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Anyone but Jones this year....next year though, Javier Arenas (Alabama CB) is the best combo PR/KR in the country, and could be worked in to cover the slot WR on defense. If he's there in the 2nd, we'd be crazy not to draft him.

You think Arenas is going that high? But yeah, he's the one to get in the draft as far as PR/KR goes.

he might go in the 1st round the way gm's reach sometimes.
Arnaz Battle is the only one who has taken a punt to the endzone of that group I think, and he is also the most experienced of that group.

He lost that one ball in the sun, but come on, Jones looks absolutely horrible.

Battle should get the PR duties back.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Josh Cribs

I wouldn't want Cribbs he wants alot of $ and isn't a good WR just a PR/KR not worth the money.

Yeah but hes not a bad special teamer.
Originally posted by prime21:
Josh Cribs

I wouldn't want Cribbs he wants alot of $ and isn't a good WR just a PR/KR not worth the money.

he's a great special teams player but come on how much $ would you have to shell out for that? I would rather give that $ to a RT/RG/LG/Passrusher/S....we can draft someone that can return kicks in the 2nd or 3rd round.
dexter carter

Originally posted by prime21:
Josh Cribs

he's a great special teams player but come on how much $ would you have to shell out for that? I would rather give that $ to a RT/RG/LG/Passrusher/S....we can draft someone that can return kicks in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Id give that $$$ to Travis Benjamin.
Someone brought up Drafting Devine. While I don't think that would be a bad move, I don't think he'll be returning punts. I would much prefer a guy who has experience in that role. I've watched a lot of WVU games over the last few years, and I don't think I've ever seen that guy return anything. I would like to see Hill get a shot at it, just because he's not getting many reps on offense and I would like to see him get a chance to run with a football.
ME!!! (I just want to keep the helmet!)
I want to get me some Rasheed Marshall on kick returns. He's so good at juggling.
John Taylor, Dieon Sanders, Dana McClemore...
Share 49ersWebzone