There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So how about Singletary's inept time outs now?

I admit he had used some of those TOs (and/or instant replays) in a way that hurt us later in the game, and he SHOULD be accountable for that.

But when he uses a pep rally-like TO (like running 20 yards onto the field to get the attention of the referee), then the Niners stop the Jags on 3rd down, which ultimately led to missed FG from Scobee on 4th down...

He should be given credit for that as well.

All I'm asking for is some balance, all your Singletary homers: make him accountable for his rookie HC mistakes, and all you Singletary haters: give him credit when something does work.
  • ZRF80
I think you totally misunderstood the nature of that timeout. I dont think he was trying to huddle his players together to give them a motivational speech on stopping the Jags on 3rd. I think it was a personnel issue.

But nice try though........
He called the timeout because he saw the defense about to get burned with how they were lined up. It was a "change the play" timeout, not a cheerleading timeout.
Yes I stand corrected, it was not a pep rally TO. But I was eluding to how he takes time outs in general
He's poor at timeout management.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Your posts are poor.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Your posts are poor.

very adult comeback.

Anyways, Sing has said that a couple of his timeouts early were to allow the team to gather their breath since they were on the field so much.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
I think you totally misunderstood the nature of that timeout. I dont think he was trying to huddle his players together to give them a motivational speech on stopping the Jags on 3rd. I think it was a personnel issue.

But nice try though........

this

Your posts are poor.

lol
Some timeouts work & others don't. Just how it goes.
dude, we were ahead. there's a difference between burning timeouts for pep talks when you're behind 2 scores. nice try
  • bret
  • Veteran
I don't have any issues with his time outs.

That Green Bay challenge was the right move percentage-wise. The problem was the defense couldn't stop GB on 3rd down. Had they done so the time out would have saved them 20 seconds. Without stopping them the time out wouldn't have mattered--GB still could have run out the clock.

The challenge was the same as a time out EXCEPT there was a chance they could have gotten better field position to defend!
it's a learning process folks
Originally posted by lamontb:
it's a learning process folks

This.

Unlike Niner Talk, which is pure regression.

Your posts are poor.