There are 193 users in the forums

Delanie Walker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
As long as I don't have to see Delanie return kicks. I will be happy
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A fumble waiting to happen. That experiment needs to end along with a lot of others by the end of the season.

what if all teams had that mentality..... AP would be out of a job and so would Gore.

Those guys produce at a very high level. Walker isn't anywhere near those guys as far as production. Walker hold the ball like a loaf of bread lol
I started calling him 'fumbles' even though his stats don't really reflect that, to me he looks terrible and I cringed every time the ball went his way. I don't get the love for him around here.
Originally posted by skynet907:
I started calling him 'fumbles' even though his stats don't really reflect that, to me he looks terrible and I cringed every time the ball went his way. I don't get the love for him around here.

Extremely smooth route runner and great hands. My concern has been injuries as he seems to be dinged up several games a year. Love to watch the guy run!
He is the X factor on our team. Does any body remember the second TE behind Brent Jones? Dont lie you jest looked it up on google. Rice had Taylor. Jones had.. Rathman. Cant wait to see what the Harbaugh will beable to do with VD & DW.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The guy was a very good WR in college, i think this is the main reason why he's still having problem blocking... he's not a player who can be on the line of scrimage and expect to be a natural at blocking.. he may able to handle some LBs, but not those true DLs..

Make no mistake, he's a very good catching TE, and that's all what he is..
How can anyone NOT like D-Love? 6th round draft pick, remember? Came in as a rookie and was the 2nd best TE on the team behind Eric Johnson-Simpson as I'll refer to that guy from now on. Any-hoo, natural runner in that he has a blend of just enough power & speed to go with barely enough size to create plays as a ball carrier. Really, he reminds me of a big halfback back with a dash of wiggle in his game. Not Dixon wiggle though. LOS man-on-man blocker, is no way to use a guy like him. Bulked up college WR. Gotta put him in position to succeed like having him crash down on backers from motion. Pretty good return on the investment.
As excited as I am for the upcoming season with Jim Harbaugh, we're going to have to trust his judgement on the selections of the totally revamped coaching staff. I'm sure it will be beneficial as long as they can all get on the same playbook page swiftly as far as game tactics, strategies and play calling goes. That is also assuming that they have adequate time in the offseason to do so. In addition, I'm also uncertain, almost fearful of any roster changes happening. The reason being is that I beleive our team was so perfectly loaded with all of the right talent in the right positions, just poorly managed and coordinated. Mainly speaking of the O-line, Defense, and receiving corps which pseudo-regularly exhibited stellar performances. Being an A.Smith supporter, I know the QB bugs can be argued many different ways, but I believe that even he, being such an intelligent player and great athlete, has astounding potential given better guidance. I apologize if this isn't the appropriate thread to post this on but as a new member I've been waiting to get these thoughts out. Please tell me what you think.
Welcome to the board! Might wanna ix-nay on the Lex-A. That is the spark of many a large forest fire. But I agree, I believe Jim Harbaugh will use varied formations and strategical play-faking to best utilize his strengths.

Delanie Walker. This thread is about Delanie Walker and he is the "him" in the prior paragraph. Not gonna go there in this thread.
[ Edited by TenderLoinTimmy on Feb 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM ]
Walker is a beast. He looks like a runaway locomotive in the open field. Needs more touches.

For the amount of money we pay Walker he needs to stay. He can be productive given his chances, hes not a pro bowl player (especially with his fumbling problem), but I feel he should be kept around.
Share 49ersWebzone