There are 212 users in the forums

Goldson starting SS in 2010??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Taylor Mays > Eric Berry > Mark Roman

Man Mays cannot cover, he is going to be an OLB or SS in the pros and Berry will be a FS in the pros, which is where our glaring need is. I don't know what makes you blind to the fact that Berry is a superior DB in every single facet of the game, but it is the general consensus.

How many more years can Michael Lewis fly around getting concussions for us? Lewis is almost 30. I guarantee that Mays is drafted higher than Eric Berry. All you guys are hyping up Eric Berry like he's the next Ronnie Lott. I don't think so. Mays > Berry.

Dude you are out of your mind...Mays cannot cover and doesn't wrap up. The stats speak for themselves, Berry has better numbers against better competition...across the board. Saying Mays is like Dawkins is ridiculous, Dawkins is effective in pass defense, Mays is not.

Yeah, Mays got exposed this year. He should of came out last year, he will drop in the draft. Looks like a beast and can hit hard, but he is a big time liability in coverage. Mays was WAY overrated last year.
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
Goldson SS Eric Berry FS

can u say hard on
Goldson has never impressed. Lawson, Haralson, JSmith, TBrown, Franklin, etc. have all performed better than Goldson.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Goldson has never impressed. Lawson, Haralson, JSmith, TBrown, Franklin, etc. have all performed better than Goldson.

Goldson will never be the strength of our D, but he’s not going to be the weakest link either. He just hasn't been the game changer that we thought he would be, but he has been a upgrade over Roman. He seems very comfortable in the box, so SS may be a better fit for him.
Originally posted by jta854:

Goldson will never be the strength of our D, but he’s not going to be the weakest link either. He just hasn't been the game changer that we thought he would be, but he has been a upgrade over Roman. He seems very comfortable in the box, so SS may be a better fit for him.

Goldson is the weakest link right now. Can't cover, can't tackle. Main reason we are last in the league at giving up 30+ yd pass plays.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by jta854:

Goldson is the weakest link right now. Can't cover, can't tackle. Main reason we are last in the league at giving up 30+ yd pass plays.

Our lack of pass rush is the weakest link right now. There hasn’t been a lot of plays that you can point to Goldson and say that it was his fault.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Couple notes:
1) Eric Berry will probably be long gone before the Niners pick. I have a hard time seeing him project past the 7th overall pick. Something extraordinary would have to happen. So, to me, injecting him into the conversation is almost worthless.

Everything is dependent on what the Chiefs do, just like last year was dependent on what Oakland would do. If we are drafting around 8 we should be close enough to get him if he had a slight fall on draft day. I know it sounds crazy but we got lucky last year and I really do think we get lucky again.

Be positive MD last year you had Crabtree at 10, this year just put Berry at 8
[ Edited by jreff22 on Dec 3, 2009 at 9:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone