There are 188 users in the forums

Goldson starting SS in 2010??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Taylor Mays > Eric Berry > Mark Roman
Originally posted by susweel:
Hell NO
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Man Mays cannot cover, he is going to be an OLB or SS in the pros and Berry will be a FS in the pros, which is where our glaring need is. I don't know what makes you blind to the fact that Berry is a superior DB in every single facet of the game, but it is the general consensus.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
goldson is nothing more than a quality backup. eric berry is the way to go if he's on the board when we first pick.

We need to address the issues on our O-Line before we look at that position.

If Berry is on the board when we get to pick, we take him no question. We can always pick up a vet lineman via free agency, we have lots of cash for next off season.

Yeah, that has worked out for us really well lately.... Jennings , Smith, Pashos ... Solidify the trenches and the rest will fall into place. Besides, Lewis should be back for at least 1 more year and we should have Big Nate and Walt available next year. That will allow us to move some other personnel around to fill those needs.

I think Walt has played his last game as a Niner. I would love to draft Berry but I gotta a feeling he'll be gone by the time we pick and your right.....we have more critical needs we should address.

I really just want to get Reggie Smith on the field. The guy has speed and he seems to have a nose for the ball. Don't be surprised if he's competing for the FS position next year in camp.
Originally posted by crzy:
Sorry but you don't pass on the next Ed Reed. We have another first rounder we can use on an offensive lineman. And we have many other draft picks and free agency.

this, it would be very very stupid if the Niners passed on Berry IF he was available
Goldson is playing like sh*t right now.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

He needs to learn how to tackle, he has a chance to make some nice plays but because he tries to go for the knockout hit he always misses, If we would jsut wrap up we wouldnt be having this conversation
  • el_hektor
  • Info N/A
Goldson is NO BUENO!!

He takes too many bad angles and can't tackle.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

He needs to learn how to tackle, he has a chance to make some nice plays but because he tries to go for the knockout hit he always misses, If we would jsut wrap up we wouldnt be having this conversation

His tackling has been atrocious the last couple of games. But that is not what I am mostly concerned with. His coverage skills are below average at best. It appears he is either a step behind or when he is in position he cannot locate the ball.

But then again our entire secondary is playing like poop.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

LMAO Did you watch Taylor Swift Mays play this season?

WE need to draft Berry and Golden Tate

[ Edited by crzy on Nov 30, 2009 at 3:49 PM ]

if i were to compare mays and berry, mays is more of a brian dawkins type player, berry is more of an ed reed type. This team needs more of a ed reed type though, both are good players though and i wouldn't be upset if we took mays.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Nov 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM ]
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Goldson SS Eric Berry FS

if michael lewis plays another season, i would rather have him start at SS than goldson

your on shrooms. can't u see how out ofplace lewis is at times. yesterday was perfect example
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Man Mays cannot cover, he is going to be an OLB or SS in the pros and Berry will be a FS in the pros, which is where our glaring need is. I don't know what makes you blind to the fact that Berry is a superior DB in every single facet of the game, but it is the general consensus.

How many more years can Michael Lewis fly around getting concussions for us? Lewis is almost 30. I guarantee that Mays is drafted higher than Eric Berry. All you guys are hyping up Eric Berry like he's the next Ronnie Lott. I don't think so. Mays > Berry.
wiffs on way too many tackles, sub par coverage skills, not much of a playmaker. no thanks
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

if i were to compare mays and berry, mays is more of a brian dawkins type player, berry is more of an ed reed type. This team needs more of a ed reed type though, both are good players though and i wouldn't be upset if we took mays.

I'd rather have Brian Dawkins over Ed Reed.
Share 49ersWebzone