LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Goldson starting SS in 2010??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would love to move this guy to SS next year and allow Reggie Smith to start at FS. He would add some much needed speed to our secondary and it would allow Goldson to do what he does best and that's hit people(Like Sing said he wants to annihilate people).

Remember Lewis has had many concussions and he's not getting any younger....what do you guys think?
Goldson SS Eric Berry FS
goldson is nothing more than a quality backup. eric berry is the way to go if he's on the board when we first pick.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Goldson SS Eric Berry FS

if michael lewis plays another season, i would rather have him start at SS than goldson
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
goldson is nothing more than a quality backup. eric berry is the way to go if he's on the board when we first pick.

Yeah I honestly don't like what I've seen out of Goldson the last few weeks. He's whiffed on way too many tackles and he had a position to get 2 sacks on Garrard and took a bad angle each time. The other team's QB isn't supposed to outrun your starting FS.

We need to address the issues on our O-Line before we look at that position.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

IF Eric Berry is available when the 9ers pick they better draft him, remember we have 2 first round picks we could draft an O-Lineman with that 2nd 1st rounder

If Berry is on the board when we get to pick, we take him no question. We can always pick up a vet lineman via free agency, we have lots of cash for next off season.
Yup
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hell NO

goldson to strong and clements to free????
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

If Berry is on the board when we get to pick, we take him no question. We can always pick up a vet lineman via free agency, we have lots of cash for next off season.

Yeah, that has worked out for us really well lately.... Jennings , Smith, Pashos ... Solidify the trenches and the rest will fall into place. Besides, Lewis should be back for at least 1 more year and we should have Big Nate and Walt available next year. That will allow us to move some other personnel around to fill those needs.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Goldson SS Eric Berry FS

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Sorry but you don't pass on the next Ed Reed. We have another first rounder we can use on an offensive lineman. And we have many other draft picks and free agency.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
I would love to move this guy to SS next year and allow Reggie Smith to start at FS. He would add some much needed speed to our secondary and it would allow Goldson to do what he does best and that's hit people(Like Sing said he wants to annihilate people).

Remember Lewis has had many concussions and he's not getting any younger....what do you guys think?

yeah move him to strong safety since we gonna have eric berry play FS.
Share 49ersWebzone