Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Big game in Seattle but I got this crazy feeling that Dec 14th is the day we tie for the division lead.

Lets go Vikings!

I cant believe I'm going to be rooting for that dinosaur! I will go back to hating him after he kicks Arizona's ass!

and hopefully Warner has to sit out and Lienert plays

yes, although he didn't look horrible this Sunday. They almost won that game with him at the helm!

yeah but Lienert didnt take any snaps during practice all week, Titans didnt game plan for him at all, much like the Texans vs 9ers game

Minnesota pass rush is better than the Titans as well.

I dont think Lienert will be as successful this week

I hope the two-headed 'Williams monster' tears his heart out from his chest! Right through his pads!

YES

Don't forget

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
1. New Orleans (10-0)
2. Minnesota (10-1)
3. Dallas (8-3) ** at NYG / San Diego / at New Orleans / at Wash. / Philadelphia
4. Arizona (7-4) ** Minnesota / at San Fran. / at Detroit / St. Louis / Green Bay

5. Philadelphia (7-4) ** at Atlanta / at NYG / San Fran. / Denver / at Dallas
6. Green Bay (7-4) ** Baltimore / at Chicago / at Pittsburgh / Seattle / at Arizona
7. New York (6-5) ** Dallas / Philadelphia / at Washington / Carolina / at Minnesota
8. Atlanta (6-5) ** Philadelphia / New Orleans / at New York Jets / Buffalo / at Tampa Bay
9. San Francisco (5-6) ** at Seattle / Arizona / at Philadelphia / Detroit / at St. Louis

* The Saints & Vikes are locked in.

* Dallas, Philly and New York all have tough final stretches where they all play each other in addition to playing other playoff contenders. No clue as how the East ends up. Hopefully they beat the hell out of each other.

* Green Bay has three tough games including two on the road. I can easily see the Pack ending-up at 9-7, unfortunately they beat us head to head.

* Atlanta’s next two games are tough but they’re both at home before what should be three wins to finish the season. They’re pretty banged-up right now (Ryan won't play vs Philly). I still think 9-7 is realistic . . . but again like Green Bay, they beat us head to head.

* Obviously the Niner’s best hope to get into the playoffs is to win the Division. We need way too much help to get a Wildcard.

We're still a big longshot but I think we'll make it interesting.

I'd rename the thread something like "Week-By-Week Analysis of the NFC Playoff Race." And update the thread week after week.

Right now it looks like Philly, and New York could finish 9-7. Falcons would have to finish 8-8 to help us, and that'd mean they'd need to lose a game they shouldn't (any of their last three, really).

If we beat Philly and finish 9-7, we don't need to worry about New York because we'll likely have a better conference record, and we'd take the 6th seed if Atlanta is 8-8. Or, an outside chance which I don't see happening, is Green Bay finishing 8-8 instead.

If we beat Arizona and finish with the same record as them, the other teams obviously don't matter since we'd win the division.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
1. New Orleans (10-0)
2. Minnesota (10-1)
3. Dallas (8-3) ** at NYG / San Diego / at New Orleans / at Wash. / Philadelphia
4. Arizona (7-4) ** Minnesota / at San Fran. / at Detroit / St. Louis / Green Bay

6. Green Bay (7-4) ** Baltimore / at Chicago / at Pittsburgh / Seattle / at Arizona
7. New York (6-5) ** Dallas / Philadelphia / at Washington / Carolina / at Minnesota
8. Atlanta (6-5) ** Philadelphia / New Orleans / at New York Jets / Buffalo / at Tampa Bay
9. San Francisco (5-6) ** at Seattle / Arizona / at Philadelphia / Detroit / at St. Louis

* Dallas, Philly and New York all have tough final stretches where they all play each other in addition to playing other playoff contenders. No clue as how the East ends up. Hopefully they beat the hell out of each other.

* Green Bay has three tough games including two on the road. I can easily see the Pack ending-up at 9-7, unfortunately they beat us head to head.

* Atlanta’s next two games are tough but they’re both at home before what should be three wins to finish the season. They’re pretty banged-up right now (Ryan won't play vs Philly). I still think 9-7 is realistic . . . but again like Green Bay, they beat us head to head.

* Obviously the Niner’s best hope to get into the playoffs is to win the Division. We need way too much help to get a Wildcard.

I'd rename the thread something like "Week-By-Week Analysis of the NFC Playoff Race." And update the thread week after week.

Right now it looks like Philly, and New York could finish 9-7. Falcons would have to finish 8-8 to help us, and that'd mean they'd need to lose a game they shouldn't (any of their last three, really).

If we beat Philly and finish 9-7, we don't need to worry about New York because we'll likely have a better conference record, and we'd take the 6th seed if Atlanta is 8-8. Or, an outside chance which I don't see happening, is Green Bay finishing 8-8 instead.

If we beat Arizona and finish with the same record as them, the other teams obviously don't matter since we'd win the division.

Nice job to wrap it in a nutshell. You say it so much better. Thanks!

I have been thinking that we do have a chance even at the Wild Card. Yes, this is a time to be excited no matter how much many want to minimize our opportunities.
[ Edited by ninertico on Nov 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
1. New Orleans (10-0)
2. Minnesota (10-1)

Nice synopsisisis.

I'll keep it updated . . . hopefully it remains useful past this weekend.
This board changes pretty quickly, huh?

What the heck, I still got lots of faith.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
This board changes pretty quickly, huh?

What the heck, I still got lots of faith.

Moment of weakness . . . after watching New Orleans . . .
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Players BETTER be focused in on Seattle right now!

Exactly. Unlike earlier this year, Hasselbeck will play this week.

Focus.On.Seattle.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

Focus.On.Seattle.

Hasselbeck did play last time, but we knocked him out of the game. Hopefully we do the same this time.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

Focus.On.Seattle.

Hasselbeck did play last time, but we knocked him out of the game. Hopefully we do the same this time.

No doubt, fastest way to beating them is pressuring him and maybe knocking him out again.
If we win our next two games, theoretically we will be in first place because I really don't see Arizona bearting the Vikes this week. That would leave two of out last three games very winnable (Detroit, St. Louis), the key game will be Philly.

How about the 9ers get to .500 first before we start talkin' playoffs?
Originally posted by bzborow1:
How about the 9ers get to .500 first before we start talkin' playoffs?

I agree. If they beat Seattle, they will be at .500 and 1 game behind Arizona (1/2 game because we own the tie breaker right now). If we win out which I think is possible we win the division (as long as we bring our A game to Arizona and Philly). However, if we lose this week, we fall behind Seattle and we then HAVE TO win out and hope the both the Vikings anf MAYBE Green Bay beats Arizona. Simple solution.....WIN!!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Win and we're in.
Some of you probably have read it but i guess warner is still suffering symptoms from the concussion and is going to have his eyes tested. My early assumption is that he does not play this Sunday. They will probably give Warner another week off:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4701306
[ Edited by midwest9er on Dec 1, 2009 at 6:33 AM ]
Wow. That's a great breakdown. Looks to be possible but very hard to get in. Damnit. Why couldn't we have won against the Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone