There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Props to our O-LINE

yesterday we did not allow a Sack. correcting me if i am wrong but did they show a stat saying we had allowed an nfl High a sack a game? NICE JOB BY THE LINE
I'll give some love. Emphasis on some. We were facing the worst pash rush in the NFL.
Yes nice job pass blocking. Keyword is pass.

Still need major work on run blocking.
I think it's more like the Jags' pass rush is worst then ours. I wish the O-line can be that good every week
I can't understand how our run blocking can be so bad.
Originally posted by VA49er:
I'll give some love. Emphasis on some. We were facing the worst pash rush in the NFL.

yup yup
Well at least we stopped our streak of 17 straight games of allowing a sack.

Yeah but they were playing one of the worst pass blocking lines in the NFL...
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Yeah but they were playing one of the worst pass blocking lines in the NFL...

Ha ha...trudat. They need some serious work on run blocking though. Fugly!
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran

THIS
The Jag's may have the worst pass rush in the league but it shows how well Smith can do if he get some protection. [And the coaches open it up] This further supports us focusing on the Oline in the draft and in FA.
You do realize that the untouched pass rush by Rocky Bernard through the A-gap AT SEATTLE cost the Niners at least 2 years of QB instability. Got to be on Smith's mind, as he lines up under center next Sunday in Seattle. I hope to see the Niner O-line handle a very hostile environment (intense crowd noise in Seattle's stadium), as well as a more aggressive defensive front, before laying out O-line kudos.
First time in 17 games they did not allow a sack.
Shocked with Sims play.

Sims has been a better left tackle than Staley this season. He does a much better job engaging the defensive end instead of letting him get up the field like Staley does a lot.
While the OL looked solid in pass protection, their ability to block down on running plays are killing this team. So many whiffs from Snyder and Baas yesterday. Just painful to watch.