There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Finally, meaningful games in December!!!!

Wow, that last pass by Young actually made our December. Now only two games back with a Monday Night showdown with the Tards, our next 5 games actually mean something.

We have to beat the Seahawks this week and root for the Vikings like they are our team, for once i will be rooting for Favre hard.

Let's go niners, you finally have a chance to make a race out of this don't blow it!!!!!!!!!
A 49ers win
A Cards loss
A Panthers loss.

One game at a time should be our focus for sure, but it's hard not to get excited when all the chips fall where you want them to after Thanksgiving.

We are creeping back into playoff contention.

And with the Panthers playing the Vikings, Patriots, Saints, and at NY, all signs point to a solid top 10 pick from Carolina.

How sweet it is.
Don't forget about the Broncos win.
Go Niners!
If we win out the rest of the games Boy, it's going to be real tough.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, it does feel good to have games in December mean something again. It's been a while, let's hope the team does good.
one thing at a time kid
it's one meaningfull game in december cos if the tards win over the vikes three hours later it's all for nothin again ...
if they lose you can put the 's' at 'game'
One game at a time. We gotta take care of our part next week first!
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
A 49ers win
A Cards loss
A Panthers loss.

One game at a time should be our focus for sure, but it's hard not to get excited when all the chips fall where you want them to after Thanksgiving.

We are creeping back into playoff contention.

And with the Panthers playing the Vikings, Patriots, Saints, and at NY, all signs point to a solid top 10 pick from Carolina.

How sweet it is.

IF the Panthers lose out, we are looking at around number 5-8
Another thing to look at are the Teams fighting for that WildCard:

7-4 AZ
7-4 GB
7-4 PHI
6-5 NYG
6-5 ATL
5-6 SF

Not only do we have a great chance of catching up to the Cardinals, but I see PHI, NYG and ATL losing some games because of the records of their upcoming opponents. Go check out the schedules for these teams and you will even get more excited.

I can see PHI ending at 8-8 along with ATL. I think NYG will come out at 9-7 and GB will have the best record at 10-6, IMO. Therefore, GB will be one of the Wild card teams leaving NYG and either AZ or us for the last spot.

The two biggest games left for us are back to back in AZ and PHI...those are already playoff games...they have to be. We have to beat those two to at least have a fighting chance to win the division and host a playoff game!

That is why this December will be one of the most exciting in a long time because as of today, we still have a shot at this.

Go 49ers!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Another thing to look at are the Teams fighting for that WildCard:

7-4 AZ
7-4 GB
7-4 PHI
6-5 NYG
6-5 ATL
5-6 SF

Not only do we have a great chance of catching up to the Cardinals, but I see PHI, NYG and ATL losing some games because of the records of their upcoming opponents. Go check out the schedules for these teams and you will even get more excited.

I can see PHI ending at 8-8 along with ATL. I think NYG will come out at 9-7 and GB will have the best record at 10-6, IMO. Therefore, GB will be one of the Wild card teams leaving NYG and either AZ or us for the last spot.

The two biggest games left for us are back to back in AZ and PHI...those are already playoff games...they have to be. We have to beat those two to at least have a fighting chance to win the division and host a playoff game!

That is why this December will be one of the most exciting in a long time because as of today, we still have a shot at this.

Go 49ers!

Very true, but did you peep how it seems ATL has all of there remaining games at home Lucky break for them. Philly is a very off and on team. Giants secondary can have meltdown at any moment. Niners must beat Seattle than worry about the rest. Niners have there problems also just gotta keep wining and hope other teams exploit those team weaknesses. Niners didn't take care of business vs. GB, and ATl so it's extrememly important for them to beat the rest of there games b/c the gives them a good conference record if they were to need a tie breaker.
We'd have to go 4-1 the rest of the way at the very worst.

@ SEA - should win
AZ - MUST win
@ PHI - Probably loss
Lions - should win
@ Rams - better win

So we can technically "get away" with losing to Philly and end 9-7 and have a good shot at a Wild card.

Ugh....I'll be honest though guys...I'm nervous as hell about the so called "easy" games. Knowing us, we lay and egg against the god damn Rams or Lions.

Ok I'm calm.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
We'd have to go 4-1 the rest of the way at the very worst.

@ SEA - should win
AZ - MUST win
@ PHI - Probably loss
Lions - should win
@ Rams - better win

So we can technically "get away" with losing to Philly and end 9-7 and have a good shot at a Wild card.

Ugh....I'll be honest though guys...I'm nervous as hell about the so called "easy" games. Knowing us, we lay and egg against the god damn Rams or Lions.

Ok I'm calm.

I'm nervous we'll lose one of the "easier" games because we aren't fully prepared... If we prepare for the rest of the season like we did last week, we'll be fine.
You guys are forgetting about tie-breakers.

In the standings we are 2 games behind GB, but they beat us. So really they're up 3 games. That is why we pretty much have to win out. The game against philly is HUGE and is a MUST WIN if we were to even have a shot. My prediction: NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If we win out the rest of the games Boy, it's going to be real tough.

We don't have to win out. We only need 4-5 and three of those should not be hard. The cards will loose this week. (Power of positive thinking) We better not get Farved twice this season Min needs to take care of business.