LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Alex, Gore, Vernon, Crabs and Morgan the start of something special?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
If we can grab a fast & Shifty 3rd down back and some speed at slot receiver in next years draft, this offense has a chance to be straight up deadly and full of weapons.

CJ Spiller would be great for that!

Dez Bryant as a speedy slot reciever would look lovely, too.

not a bad idea. even though he's more suited to be a #1 or a #2, he would be a great slot receiver like how james jones was for the packers in his rookie season
Originally posted by excelsior:
Good point about Brit Miller. And we have Kory Sheets as our speed-demon, leap-over- tall-buildings guy. What? ... we don't have him anymore? Shoot!

One another sobering thought: remember that players age, go over the hill, suffer career-ending injuries. Teams have to bring in 7 to 8 quality players every year just to replace those leaving. Good teams have really good players at every starting position and a decent number of backups. Still, they have to be on their game to replace the number they lose each year.

In our case, even though McC has been at it for 5 years (6 equivalent drafts) we still have holes with our starters. He is behind the curve - wasted too many draft choices and bungled too many FA signings. Just when we think we have what we need, new unexpected holes will appear because of the short careers of player.

I'm really beginning to think Brit Miller would be a very nice fit in the more spread type offense.

This is one aspect of coaching that this team has lacked for a long time now. The ability to think outside the box with personnel. So many other good coaches pull players from nowhere, put them in specific circumstances and they succeed in THAT situation but would not succeed in other situations.

I mean, just look at Alex Smith.

Anyways, our coaches need to understand players' specialties better be it a PS guy or a Backup. Sing has been better than Nolan at it but he needs to think much broader to the PS or McCloughan needs to look for them in other places.

For example, we just overhauled our offensive strategy which means some guys who weren't playing well before or didn't maket he squad could possibly succeed now.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
If we can grab a fast & Shifty 3rd down back and some speed at slot receiver in next years draft, this offense has a chance to be straight up deadly and full of weapons.

CJ Spiller would be great for that!

Dez Bryant as a speedy slot reciever would look lovely, too.

not a bad idea. even though he's more suited to be a #1 or a #2, he would be a great slot receiver like how james jones was for the packers in his rookie season

we would have to use a 1st round pick to get Dez Bryant. No way we do that, we have to many others needs like OT/S/Passrusher
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Good point about Brit Miller. And we have Kory Sheets as our speed-demon, leap-over- tall-buildings guy. What? ... we don't have him anymore? Shoot!

One another sobering thought: remember that players age, go over the hill, suffer career-ending injuries. Teams have to bring in 7 to 8 quality players every year just to replace those leaving. Good teams have really good players at every starting position and a decent number of backups. Still, they have to be on their game to replace the number they lose each year.

In our case, even though McC has been at it for 5 years (6 equivalent drafts) we still have holes with our starters. He is behind the curve - wasted too many draft choices and bungled too many FA signings. Just when we think we have what we need, new unexpected holes will appear because of the short careers of player.

I'm really beginning to think Brit Miller would be a very nice fit in the more spread type offense.

This is one aspect of coaching that this team has lacked for a long time now. The ability to think outside the box with personnel. So many other good coaches pull players from nowhere, put them in specific circumstances and they succeed in THAT situation but would not succeed in other situations.

I mean, just look at Alex Smith.

Anyways, our coaches need to understand players' specialties better be it a PS guy or a Backup. Sing has been better than Nolan at it but he needs to think much broader to the PS or McCloughan needs to look for them in other places.

For example, we just overhauled our offensive strategy which means some guys who weren't playing well before or didn't maket he squad could possibly succeed now.

Britt Miller succeeded in preseason. We already had Morran Noriss so he went to the PS
We need Morgan and Hill to step up because when teams try to clamp down on Crabs, we need others to make them pay. Or at least others so good that they CAN'T try to double Crabtree.
Gore has too many years on him. There is no way Gore last more than another 3 or 4 years. I think his body will give out after that. Still 3 or 4 years with VD and Crabs would be great. Also, I dont' think Morgan is the future. I'd like to see Jason Hill in there.
DEXTER MCCLUSTER is a beast from what ive seen of him. id love to have him
Originally posted by Nametaken49:
DEXTER MCCLUSTER is a beast from what ive seen of him. id love to have him

he is always hurt
Don't forget Jason Hill. He only makes plays when he is on the field!
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
How many times did Morgan fail to get a first down yesterday? 3 or 4?

I have never understood throwing short of the 1st down marker on 3rd down.

Share 49ersWebzone