There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex, Gore, Vernon, Crabs and Morgan the start of something special?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Their the nucleus of our offense and still young. The future looks bright for the next 5-7 years. Get an OL and the skies the limit.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 30, 2009 at 7:34 AM ]
Morgan needs to learn a couple things from Crabtree. Sounds odd but Crabtree looks like a 5 year vet out there.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, like coming back for the ball.
Morgan looks like he's a little on the lanky side. Like a faster version of Ed McKaffrey, but not altogether quick.
If we can grab a fast & Shifty 3rd down back and some speed at slot receiver in next years draft, this offense has a chance to be straight up deadly and full of weapons.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
If we can grab a fast & Shifty 3rd down back and some speed at slot receiver in next years draft, this offense has a chance to be straight up deadly and full of weapons.

CJ Spiller would be great for that!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

CJ Spiller would be great for that!

Dez Bryant as a speedy slot reciever would look lovely, too.
How many times did Morgan fail to get a first down yesterday? 3 or 4?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Morgan looks like he's a little on the lanky side. Like a faster version of Ed McKaffrey, but not altogether quick.

McCaffrey's strength, if I recall, was that he was a very safe pair of hands. Not fast. Not full of jinxing, but if you threw him the ball he caught it and held onto it.

Morgan could learn a deal from him.
Morgan is the weak link in that group, few YAC and not particularly fast, and I still think they've got the wrong guy in there. Hill should be given more shots, but backing up Crabtree will not get him that. He's faster, quicker and has more sure hands; just not the blocker Morgan is. How much longer will Sing give Morgan to reach his potential before giving Hill or even Jones some opportunities? And speaking of the latter guy, get him off punt returns for gosh sakes!
Gore will not last that long!!! No way
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
tack on Jason Hill & even Brandon Jones....

SPREADCOAST
Dont forget Delanie Walker or Jason Hill, these guys are always overlooked, yet they seem to make the most out of their oppurtunities. I also think Coffee will improve drastically this offseason. Although I regret saying it, we dont need Battle(I will never forget his TD catch & run against the Cards in 07), Id like to see Ziegler come up from the PS(size, hands, speed).Morgan will do for now but I dont see him improving much.Smith is showing improvement, I am impressed by his perserverance. We gotta do something with our O-LINE, what we have in Gore IS special, we need to keep him involved, but i do like the idea of him catching the ball more often, he seems more effective in the open field. Davis, what he has done this year is nothing short of amazing, hes always shown signs of being talented, but he is having a pro bowl caliber season. Something special indeed.
Originally posted by Nes49:
tack on Jason Hill & even Brandon Jones....

SPREADCOAST

I think we found our offense

Don't forget the "X factor" my man Delaine Walker