LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Bly, how was he?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It seemed like Tarrell Brown was in more than he was and Brown was on the Jags best WR Sims-Walker for most of the day.

T. Brown played well after his disappointing game last week hopefully he continues.

I agree he played pretty solid and really he played good vs Chicago and Tenn he just struggled vs Green Bay but pretty much our whole defense did. Shawntae Spencer has kind of struggled the last 2 weeks. We miss Nate Clements a lot, to the point we have to keep him next year, even at $6mill, IMO.
Eric Davis in the post game show said and I quote, "Spencer and Bly did an excellent job, the two corners that should have been starting from the beginning of the season."

I thought, wow, that was a shot at Nate if I've ever heard one.
he did a pretty good job minus getting trucked over by one of the Jags TE's
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Eric Davis in the post game show said and I quote, "Spencer and Bly did an excellent job, the two corners that should have been starting from the beginning of the season."

I thought, wow, that was a shot at Nate if I've ever heard one.

Damn, Eric is pretty straight forward but I didn't expect to hear that from him.
A great safety is so important. Just look at the Steelers without Palamalu. I say we get a game changing safety with one of our first rounders
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
A great safety is so important. Just look at the Steelers without Palamalu. I say we get a game changing safety with one of our first rounders

Eric Berry if he is there. He probably won't be though.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It seemed like Tarrell Brown was in more than he was and Brown was on the Jags best WR Sims-Walker for most of the day.
I did see that, and brown only had bad coverage maybe once or twice. He played a lot better.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Our safeties were getting burned all day long.

By running the 2 minute drill for an entire half. They stepped up when it mattered most though.

Has anyone thought to make Bly a Safety? Roman will be done after this season imho. So why not take Bly and make him a Safety. This is all contingent upon him re-signing with us or even continuing his NFL career but imho it would be a good fit. And we do have the young guys to take his place should he have to be pressed into emergency DB duty.

~Ceadder
I would be all for that, because he is smart/ aggressive, and can read routes... but he doesnt like to tackle so he would fail against someone like brandon jacobs.
I am glad that Bly was doin good job better than T.Brown mofo! Bly is very experince of the defense with CB experince.. T.brown is should sit on the bench mofo.. but i like T.brown but he didn't playing talent with cb yets.. he will learning more time then he will better somedays!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Nov 30, 2009 at 3:03 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I saw him out there today, but I don't remember him making any plays. I think he had like 1 tackle. He was pumping up the crowd all day during the time outs. I guess he was fired up and ready to play.

All game he was pumping up the crowd! I thought he did an ok job of defending his guy but he does feel like he has something to prove!!
Originally posted by JoeMontana:
I saw him out there today, but I don't remember him making any plays. I think he had like 1 tackle. He was pumping up the crowd all day during the time outs. I guess he was fired up and ready to play.

All game he was pumping up the crowd! I thought he did an ok job of defending his guy but he does feel like he has something to prove!!

That's just Dre being Dre!

I wish all our players wish they had something to prove... then maybe we would go out, and hit someone in the mouth.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

That's just Dre being Dre!

lol..

I guess the real test will come when he matches up against TJ whosurdaddy, and or fitzgerald.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Nov 30, 2009 at 7:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone