LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Bly, how was he?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He seems to be pretty good in coverage. But man, he is sooooo soft against the run. He always seems so afraid to make an openfield tackle.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Our safeties were getting burned all day long.

Goldson doesn't seem to be much of a playmaker on D.

he's been looking like Roy Williams the last few weeks.

Goldson = Taylor Jacobs of the D

lol

that whiff he had against the packers last week........

he's already proven that he's no more than a quality backup. we must go with berry and an o-lineman in the draft

I agree we need Eric Berry n O lineman with those two picks. Mr. Whiff is not the answer. Fire McClueless!
Originally posted by The_Distort:
He seems to be pretty good in coverage. But man, he is sooooo soft against the run. He always seems so afraid to make an openfield tackle.

I agree here. I also think Dashon is a terrible safety, so many passes right in front of him.

They showed one replay during the game where he had good coverage, the wr broke off his route and dashon just stared at him, and watched the ball come in. THEN he finally broke towards the WR.
^^i'm at the point where i'm thinking Roman is better than Goldson..... and that's saying a lot.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Oline in the first round yes, Safety in the first is a wasted pick, you can get decent safeties all the way into the 4th round.
Originally posted by jcs:
Oline in the first round yes, Safety in the first is a wasted pick, you can get decent safeties all the way into the 4th round.

not if its Eric Berry in the 1st.

IF and i say IF Eric Berry is available with our first 1st round pick we better get him and draft an o-lineman with the 2nd 1st round pick

Hmmm I wonder if pittsburgh feels like Troy P. was a wasted pick. Earlier you said Lewis was GREAT. I'm pretty sure he is more like COMPETENT. Maybe your definition of great is a bit off as well. Maybe you should say, "Safety in the first isn't always necessary." But I guess those aren't terms a guy like you (who loves absolutes) has the wisdom to use.
I think safety in the first is a valid pick. If we have a safety that can help our corners, it may give our dfront some time to get to the qb.

Instead of one slow safety, and one who cant tackle and who is always out of position (dashon) aka mark roman jr.
It seemed like Tarrell Brown was in more than he was and Brown was on the Jags best WR Sims-Walker for most of the day.

By running the 2 minute drill for an entire half. They stepped up when it mattered most though.

Has anyone thought to make Bly a Safety? Roman will be done after this season imho. So why not take Bly and make him a Safety. This is all contingent upon him re-signing with us or even continuing his NFL career but imho it would be a good fit. And we do have the young guys to take his place should he have to be pressed into emergency DB duty.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 30, 2009 at 11:00 AM ]

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erWill:

and missing tackles

Yah Goldson is turrible.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It seemed like Tarrell Brown was in more than he was and Brown was on the Jags best WR Sims-Walker for most of the day.

T. Brown played well after his disappointing game last week hopefully he continues.
Originally posted by valrod33:

IF and i say IF Eric Berry is available with our first 1st round pick we better get him and draft an o-lineman with the 2nd 1st round pick

Jake Delhomme is probably out for da season with a broken finger in his throwing hand.

Eric Berry looks like a pick that will happen, ohh god please!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Jake Delhomme is probably out for da season with a broken finger in his throwing hand.

That's not good. Delhomme just throws int after int making it very hard for them to win. New guy might be better though i have no clue who there back up is.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

That's not good. Delhomme just throws int after int making it very hard for them to win. New guy might be better though i have no clue who there back up is.

Matt Moore is their backup and A.J. Feely is still in da league?!
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Nov 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone