There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Maybe Singletary and Raye aren't so stubborn after all..

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
It's about f**king time! How long have WE been calling for this type of offense to be run all game??? It's ridiculous that us "uneducated" fans seem to realize what will work for this team before the coaching staff does. This is the offense we've been waiting to see.

And it's only going to get better
To their defense, SingRaye had to make sure Smith is thoroughly in the right of mind and body before they put it on his shoulder. I think it's two game too late. Had Smith showed them better in the Titans game we would have seen a more open offense sooner. After Smith had those picks late in the Titans' game, I think they had a rethinking period.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 30, 2009 at 7:11 AM ]
Last week, I pretty much called Singletary out for being stubborn (which I thought would be his biggest flaw as a coach) so I'm glad he proved me wrong.

There two plays that stuck in my head from yesterday's game:
1) Alex in the shotgun, fakes a handoff to Gore, and instead handsoff to Delanie on an end-around.

2) on VD's scoring TD drive, Crabtree lines up in the backfield and runs a pattern into the flat like a RB. Alex doesn't throw his way, but I love the idea of creating mismatches all over the field and getting the ball to the playmakers in an many ways possible.
Better late than never! I hope this isn't a one or two time thing and they don't revert back.
The will to use the spread as the base offense is nice to see, however, the running game is still as unimaginative as ever. No sweeps, few traps, mostly just mano-a-mano hat-on-hat stuff that demands each guy win the battle of the play is stuffed. Until I see a more modern-day approach to running the football, I am not convinced. Smack-em-in-the-mouth isn't working. You could see Gore's body language on several plays say, "this is frustrating."

It is NOT just the OL. It is play design and blocking schemes. This is a caveman running game and it has hit the wall.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
It's about f**king time! How long have WE been calling for this type of offense to be run all game??? It's ridiculous that us "uneducated" fans seem to realize what will work for this team before the coaching staff does. This is the offense we've been waiting to see.

But we're not the experts and therefore don't know anything, according to some people around here.

I for one never claimed expertise. But I've played the game and have been a knowledgeable fan since I put on my first pair of short pants. So I do know a lil sumtin sumtin about the game.It's cause I pay attention to the things I like. Probably my Asperger's is the reason I'm honed in on things.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 30, 2009 at 10:43 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for sacleads.
We are not quite there yet. Once we start running up the score than I can say we are there. Too early to tell what they'll do. After the Rams game, I thought they finally got it and than they went back to the run and punt system.
No fan in here wanted to go to a full spread, 100% of the time. Most fans here just wanted a mix and match - exactly like the Jags game.

Raye called some very good plays - the TD throw to Davis was an AWESOME design.

And agreed above, the run game has been nowhere to be found. It's something that again needs to be fixed. Hopefully this is the last piece of the puzzle.

-9fA