There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Maybe Singletary and Raye aren't so stubborn after all..

I was really pleased with today's play calling. Singletary and Raye showed that they aren't that stubborn and are willing to change to our teams strengths.

I thought as soon as we go up 17 - 3 point lead we would go back to our old ways and run run pass punt and give the Jags a chance to come back. I know the Jags aren't a top tier team but this just goes to show that with the right play calling and giving Smith time that we aren't that far off.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:44 PM ]
By George, Raye does have it in him.
They are more flexible than Nolan but it took them a long time to adjust. But everyone is more flexible than STAY THE COURSE NOLAN.
He listened to the players when they said they wanted more spread and to put the game in the quarterbacks hands.

Quote:

It was an odd locker room. For the first time, I saw players - offensive and defensive - speaking softly in little groups. I don't know exactly what all these groups of players were discussing, but for the first time it seemed to me that there was some discontent with the direction of the team.

Sometimes issues like that never surface, and that's how a locker room turns into a toxic environment.

maiocco

He could have lost the team if he refused to stick with power run mentality. With the success it had this week I think we continue it next week. But Gore usually has great games against the Seahawks so he will probably get his 20+ carries if the oline lets him, I don't think he even sniffed 20 carries this week.
After owning Jacksonville, the power house of the league, we are confident that we are the team to beat this year.
After seeing this game, it shows that they are flexiable. If they keep calling the plays like they did this game, then Raye will defenitly be back.

Fire Scott and hire Holmgren as our GM.
Originally posted by jed_york:
After owning Jacksonville, the power house of the league, we are confident that we are the team to beat this year.

Well I was saying sure they are. But after watching the highlights I have to say they were better than I gave them credit for.

I mean sheesh. TWO plays could have given us a TD in the second half. Both I think were in the same drive.

Walker had NOTHING but daylight... errr make that Shade, in front of him when he lost his balance on that tightrope act down the sideline. Cost us a sure TD.

Then Crabtree had he cut it against the grain could have had it as well because the Jags D was over pursuing the play. Had he cut in to the field instead of dancing he could have scored.

It's all good though, we had enough to Win by in the 1st half. But we cannot expect similar results going forward. The guys have to make the most of their opportunities.

~Ceadder
more like jimmy raye was awake after all...
Originally posted by teeohh:
He listened to the players when they said they wanted more spread and to put the game in the quarterbacks hands.

Quote:

It was an odd locker room. For the first time, I saw players - offensive and defensive - speaking softly in little groups. I don't know exactly what all these groups of players were discussing, but for the first time it seemed to me that there was some discontent with the direction of the team.

Sometimes issues like that never surface, and that's how a locker room turns into a toxic environment.

maiocco

He could have lost the team if he refused to stick with power run mentality. With the success it had this week I think we continue it next week. But Gore usually has great games against the Seahawks so he will probably get his 20+ carries if the oline lets him, I don't think he even sniffed 20 carries this week.

from the same article:

Quote:
"To me, that's leadership," Singletary continued. "That conversation could go to the parking lot. It could go in the bathroom. It could go to their homes. But it came to us. It came to me. Jimmy (Raye) and I sat down and talked about it, the offensive staff, the entire team, about what we need to do going forward. I think we just have to find our balance each and every week depending on what that team does."

Agree...it's just too bad it took 12 weeks to figure out that their receivers have been the strength of the offense all season. Crabtree joining the mix definitely helped them see it, but it still took too long. Their stubbornness up to this point may've cost us 2-3 games...
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by jed_york:

Apparently, people dont realise when a joke is wearing thin.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Agree...it's just too bad it took 12 weeks to figure out that their receivers have been the strength of the offense all season. Crabtree joining the mix definitely helped them see it, but it still took too long. Their stubbornness up to this point may've cost us 2-3 games...

They didn't even entertain this idea of the Spread when Shaun Hill was in there. I think when Alex showed he can do this in the 2nd half of the Texans game, that they should have done this
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
I think that they are somewhere in the middle. Some people think they are dinosaurs and wont change no matter what. This is clearly not the case. However they are resistant to change.
Alex should have came in during the atlanta game, better late than never. The spread should have reared its head ealer in games and more often. Happened 1-2 games too late. However they did play crabtree right away which was the right move. I would say while they certainly are not stubborn dinosaurs, they are not willing to change at a moments notice. They first have to analyze, perhaps over analyze something, before they make a move.
It's about f**king time! How long have WE been calling for this type of offense to be run all game??? It's ridiculous that us "uneducated" fans seem to realize what will work for this team before the coaching staff does. This is the offense we've been waiting to see.