LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Where's the running game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Gore's not the best RB from the spread formation...but, it's relatively new to him. He'll adjust. But it does call into play the need for a shifty RB and also a power RB. We've lacked that big back for a long time and this off-season's a great time to fix it. Unga, Clay, Gerhart and Dixon are all excellent big RB candidates. We may've let the shift RB go in Sheets, but there are always guys available like that every off-season.

Gore's the very definition of a power back.

There's a kid named Noel Devine who would be available in round 4 or 5. Runs a 4.31 and reminds me of Sproles. He'd be a great addition to the team and would be a nice change of pace back.

Coffee's not that guy--he has the same style as Gore. Not sure if M-Rob is that guy either.

MRob needs... no HAS to be converted to a FB. That guy is ALWAYS lookin to hit somebody. The very definition of a FB.

Is that so hard to understand? I been sayin that since his 2nd season when Norris was let go.

If he's not made a FB then Scott ain't doin his yob. Cause I believe that the man could be a stalwart in that position for years to come.

~Ceadder

Agreed. MRob, or Captain Crunch as I like to call him, could really present problems for the opposition.
Gore's not the best RB from the spread formation...but, it's relatively new to him. He'll adjust. But it does call into play the need for a shifty RB and also a power RB. We've lacked that big back for a long time and this off-season's a great time to fix it. Unga, Clay, Gerhart and Dixon are all excellent big RB candidates. We may've let the shift RB go in Sheets, but there are always guys available like that every off-season.

There's a kid named Noel Devine who would be available in round 4 or 5. Runs a 4.31 and reminds me of Sproles. He'd be a great addition to the team and would be a nice change of pace back.

Coffee's not that guy--he has the same style as Gore. Not sure if M-Rob is that guy either.

MRob needs... no HAS to be converted to a FB. That guy is ALWAYS lookin to hit somebody. The very definition of a FB.

Is that so hard to understand? I been sayin that since his 2nd season when Norris was let go.

If he's not made a FB then Scott ain't doin his yob. Cause I believe that the man could be a stalwart in that position for years to come.

~Ceadder

I don't think we will be using a FB very much anymore.

~Ceadder

Mike Robinson a FB, Nooo! Did you see him flopping on the ground in pain against the Packs And he didn't really hit anyone, just ran into a bigger guy. A running back OK, but a FB please no, for his own safety and health.
Y
Ummmmm...

...yeah, about that. I just got off the phone with the OLine's representative.

He says they refuse to push the Opposing Defense off the LoS and open holes for Frank until Scott pulls his head out of his butt and quits bringing cheap ineffective FA players to play the toughest positions to play.

So it looks like Frank better make the most of his touches in the Spread formation. It's going to be a LONG time.

~Ceadder

Hahahaha. Seriously though, subtract 3 frank gore runs and he is averaging 2 yds a pop.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

~Ceadder

Mike Robinson a FB, Nooo! Did you see him flopping on the ground in pain against the Packs And he didn't really hit anyone, just ran into a bigger guy. A running back OK, but a FB please no, for his own safety and health.

Yes I saw that and the impact was bigger than you claim it to be. And that is ONCE in how many games? Don't kid yourself. MRob is more FB than RB.

But hey you can continue to sleep on him if you wish. Name one time that he's shied away from contact and another time that he hit someone bigger and was "flopping around". You can't cause it ain't happened.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM ]
I expect more balance in the future depending on the opponent.

~Ceadder

Yes I saw that and the impact was bigger than you claim it to be. And that is ONCE in how many games? Don't kid yourself. MRob is more FB than RB.

But hey you can continue to sleep on him if you wish. Name one time that he's shied away from contact and another time that he hit someone bigger and was "flopping around". You can't cause it ain't happened.

~Ceadder

He needs to gain about 20 pounds before they throw him in there against LBs who are 20 pounds heavier than him. He may be able to knock out Safeties and Gunners but being 226 or so and repeatedly hitting guys who are 240 takes its toll.
A whopping 52 yards all game. This has been worrisome. It had slowly disappeared the last few games. I understand they are going spread more and the shotgun is not Gore's forte, but they need to get that going especially when teams start gaming for our emerging passing game.

Maybe it's unstoppable

who cares.. we won
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
A whopping 52 yards all game. This has been worrisome. It had slowly disappeared the last few games. I understand they are going spread more and the shotgun is not Gore's forte, but they need to get that going especially when teams start gaming for our emerging passing game.

Maybe it's unstoppable

who cares.. we won

When we get a new OL then we can more .
Originally posted by Joecool:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

He needs to gain about 20 pounds before they throw him in there against LBs who are 20 pounds heavier than him. He may be able to knock out Safeties and Gunners but being 226 or so and repeatedly hitting guys who are 240 takes its toll.

I'm not disputing that. And I understand that he needs to put on some El Bees but it's not imposible and he has the frame to handle the weight.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

I'm not disputing that. And I understand that he needs to put on some El Bees but it's not imposible and he has the frame to handle the weight.

~Ceadder

Don't you feel weird talking to yourself?
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Our O-Line can't run block.

+1

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

The coaches need to set an offseason for Robinson to make this transition. I do agree, he would make for a very strong and versatile FB.
Share 49ersWebzone