LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

Was that The Catch 2.5?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
well the original catch means more because it was a play off game,

But if you look at the actual catch itself, i think gores catch was better than the original catch by Clark. IMO
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
no
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not sure if it's any where close to the weight and importance of the The Catch, but it sure looked like like it when he stop dead, gather him self and made that throw. But I think Gore made a hella of a catch and foot work. Very nice by those two

agree!! Noooo where near. it's a score in the middle of the game that's keeping us in the playoff not getting us in. it's a mediocre(i think) game against a mediocre team.
Originally posted by teeohh:
if we win out call it "The Resurrection!"

Fixed and co-signed.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:

But if you look at the actual catch itself, i think gores catch was better than the original catch by Clark. IMO

Clark went up like 4ft to bring down the most important catch in the history of the franchise.

Gore caught a pass in the bread basket and kept his feet in bounds. Great play, but not even in the same universe as "the Catch"
Originally posted by bigmur49:

Clark went up like 4ft to bring down the most important catch in the history of the franchise.

Gore caught a pass in the bread basket and kept his feet in bounds. Great play, but not even in the same universe as "the Catch"

...to beat a mediocre team in the regular season and improve our record to 5-6. Can't emphasize that enough.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You need to go watch a video of "the catch" again if you really believe that. Gore's catch was nothing special. Clark went way up in the air for his catch. It isnt even close.
Originally posted by teeohh:
if we win out call it the resurrection!

i'm feelin dat 2

Aside from the situation of the play, it was a better catch than Clarks, and a better throw. Too bad it wasn't in a more important situation, but it was a great play all around. That was Smith threading the needle and an amazing job of Gore keeping his feet in bounds. Once again...not worthy of "the catch" title, but one helluva play.
STOP POSTING
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Aside from the situation of the play, it was a better catch than Clarks, and a better throw. Too bad it wasn't in a more important situation, but it was a great play all around. That was Smith threading the needle and an amazing job of Gore keeping his feet in bounds. Once again...not worthy of "the catch" title, but one helluva play.

The degree of difficulty of Montana's throw and Clark's catch was about 5 times greater. Alex made a nice play, Gore didnt do anything that special other than keep his feet in bounds, and its a joke to even compare these 2 plays at all.

Whoa, it was a nice play very reminiscent of the 'The Catch' but I don't think it was a better catch and throw by Joe and Clark. Joe had two defender bearing down in front of him that he had to throw over, then Clark pluck it out of the air when it look like it would just sailed out of the end zone.

But I leave you to enjoy which ever one better
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Whoa, it was a nice play very reminiscent of the 'The Catch' but I don't think it was a better catch and throw by Joe and Clark. Joe had two defender bearing down in front of him that he had to throw over, then Clark pluck it out of the air when it look like it would just sailed out of the end zone.

But I leave you to enjoy which ever one better

It was a high throw by Joe that Clark went up and caught, not trying to say it wasn't more important, but it was a more accurate throw and the sideline catch like Gore made has to be a higher degree of difficulty. The one thing that makes "the catch" better is that it got us to a Superbowl.
Share 49ersWebzone