There are 237 users in the forums

6 Sacks - Good job Defense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Almost everyone got into the act today. I even heard the Balmer got a pressure and Garrard had an intentional grounding as a result. Good job guys. There is hope for our defense as well as our offense.
how many sacks did the O give up?
Originally posted by teeohh:

nada

The one thing I loved about our D today was the blitzes. I don't know if it was Manusky's scheming or the weak o-line, but we seemed to really be giving Gerrard a hard time. It was nice to see the other teams oline collapsing instead of ours for once.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

nada

I do not want to see any maligning of Manny an Parys for at least a week.

They played their butts off and it made a HUGE difference today.

~Ceadder
  • Imfasterrthanurr
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by The_Distort:
The one thing I loved about our D today was the blitzes. I don't know if it was Manusky's scheming or the weak o-line, but we seemed to really be giving Gerrard a hard time. It was nice to see the other teams oline collapsing instead of ours for once.

Yeah, seriously, aside from the terrible run blocking, our o-line kept Alex Smith clean today. As a result, he had his best overall game as a 49er.

Spreadcoast offense here to stay?

same here! the pass D was suspect, Goldston seemed just a beat off on alot of completed passes today, Spencer played well but Bly/Brown sucked. I love when they blitz Willis.

Originally posted by Imfasterrthanurr:

Yeah, seriously, aside from the terrible run blocking, our o-line kept Alex Smith clean today. As a result, he had his best overall game as a 49er.

I hope so, but we'll have to see what Sing and Raye do now. They cannot be that blind to see that their stuff don't cut it and the Spread is the best thing for this team to run. Work in some end rounds some delays some screens(the one thing that Alex really needs to work on his timing for) and some Trap dives. I think that those are the best for working within the scope of the Spread. Especially the Screen. Move Frank if you want to incorporate him into End Rounds.

And how bout that TE waggle for the TD from Duke? Man I almost thought that they were gonna give Alex a naked boot on that play but it was sweet to see Duke get a team record 9th TD on the season in this game. He's not our best. YET. But he deserves some mad props for having a hell of a season.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Imfasterrthanurr:

I hope so, but we'll have to see what Sing and Raye do now. They cannot be that blind to see that their stuff don't cut it and the Spread is the best thing for this team to run. Work in some end rounds some delays some screens(the one thing that Alex really needs to work on his timing for) and some Trap dives. I think that those are the best for working within the scope of the Spread. Especially the Screen. Move Frank if you want to incorporate him into End Rounds.

And how bout that TE waggle for the TD from Duke? Man I almost thought that they were gonna give Alex a naked boot on that play but it was sweet to see Duke get a team record 9th TD on the season in this game. He's not our best. YET. But he deserves some mad props for having a hell of a season.

~Ceadder

Completely agree. That was a great call & even better execution!
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
im happy they won but lets please remember that the jags had only 10 sacks coming in and they were starting 2 rookie OT'S
  • ttown
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Share 49ersWebzone