There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The issue of the routes being called...

Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm thrilled to see the Niners notch a W.

My concern with the play calling comes with the routes that our receivers are running. With the exception of Vernon Davis and his persistent seam route up the middle, the receivers are constantly running hitches and short crossing patterns. How many times are they going to throw the ball to someone only a yard beyond the line of scrimmage with no room to run when we need to convert big yardage.

Would it kill to call slants and allow our receivers to catch the ball in stride with room to run?

Am I missing something?
You're missing the pass that went through Crabtree's hands in the end zone. But generally you are correct.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
You're missing the pass that Crabtree Dropped. in the end zone. But generally you are correct.

there fixed it
That should improve as Coach Sing and Raye grow Confidence with the O-Line protecting Alex.
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
That should improve as Coach Sing and Raye grow Confidence with the O-Line protecting Alex.

I sure hope it does.
I agree, there was one 3rd and like 5 where every wr and te was running deep, and only frank was short.. routes werent developed yet and alex ran out of time.

this happens every game...
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I agree, there was one 3rd and like 5 where every wr and te was running deep, and only frank was short.. routes werent developed yet and alex ran out of time.

Yeah, give him some medium routes you a*****es!
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Yeah, give him some medium routes you a*****es!

lol
how do you guys like the playcalling of our old man jimmy raye? The only thing i would like to see more is more deep routes to crabtree and maybe even jason hill..
i can haz Jason Hill?

I can dig it, man.

He's versatile now, and that is great news.
'Air Raye All the Way!' Took Week 13 to figure it out... but I think good ole Jimmy Raye has finally woke up from his nap! Coach Singletary can't be delusional about this team being a smash mouth run first offense.

The spread offense is well suited for Alex Smith and it worked against J-Ville. Last thing the 49ers need is to tinker and go relapse back to Singletary's formula for success during back in training camp . Next up the Seahawks!
[ Edited by cris_sonic on Nov 29, 2009 at 11:46 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Originally posted by cris_sonic:
'Air Raye All the Way!' Took Week 13 to figure it out... but I think good ole Jimmy Raye has finally woke up from his nap! Coach Singletary can't be delusional about this team being a smash mouth run first offense.

The spread offense is well suited for Alex Smith and it worked against J-Ville. Last thing the 49ers need is to tinker and go relapse back to Singletary's formula for success during back in training camp . Next up the Seahawks!

exactly.. Sing is right tho... we cant make the same mistake again and be one demensional towards the pass.. smith got lots of time because they feared gore.. lets keep it that way..