LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Vernon, Alex, and Crabtree going to the coaches

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sing mentioned how Vernon being #1 about asking them to put the game on the QB and the receivers. With Alex being a close 2nd and Crabtree 3rd. He liked the fact that they asked and came to the coaches, but he mentioned that Crabtree should just be quiet LOL.
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
Sing mentioned how Vernon being #1 about asking them to put the game on the QB and the receivers. With Alex being a close 2nd and Crabtree 3rd. He liked the fact that they asked and came to the coaches, but he mentioned that Crabtree should just be quiet LOL.

prolly cause he is a rookie

you dont like rookies coming in and "suggesting" things

regardless if its beneficial or not.
  • Luca
  • Veteran

Lol at Crabtree!!!!
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Tell that to Ronnie Lott in 1981
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Well, I shouldnt have said "you dont"

Would have been better if I said "Coach Singletary doesnt like.."

I like it, it shows how much Crabs wants to prove to the team that he was worth all the trouble.

-In fact this makes me really happy to know that our offense is growing some balls and standing up for what they think is more functional; it's what Sing wants, creative leadership.

Especially with those drops. I thought for sure he had his 2nd TD of the season, doh!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Well, I shouldnt have said "you dont"

Would have been better if I said "Coach Singletary doesnt like.."

I meant Sing, some rookies aren't rookies
Glad to hear the Alex went to the coaches asking for the to put the games in his hands.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I like it, it shows how much Crabs wants to prove to the team that he was worth all the trouble.

-In fact this makes me really happy to know that our offense is growing some balls and standing up for what they think is more functional; it's what Sing wants, creative leadership.

Exactly what I like to hear out of this team. Hope they continue this way of play.

when did he mention this? Link?
Originally posted by matt49er:

After the game, during his presser.
oops, wrong video
[ Edited by Goldtimer on Nov 29, 2009 at 5:58 PM ]
And Maiocco said that players were "conspiring" (in a VERY good way) after the Packers loss:

Quote:
A week ago after the 49ers' loss to the Packers, coach Mike Singletary was not ready to address the media. He had to gain his composure. So the media was let into the locker room at a time when the coach is usually speaking in a separate room.

It was an odd locker room. For the first time, I saw players - offensive and defensive - speaking softly in little groups. I don't know exactly what all these groups of players were discussing, but for the first time it seemed to me that there was some discontent with the direction of the team.

Sometimes issues like that never surface, and that's how a locker room turns into a toxic environment.

The players seemed to take more ownership of the 49ers this week. Defensive players expressed a desire to be more aggressive and set the tempo. And offensive players went to Singletary and offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye to voice the opinion that the spread offense was the 49ers' best plan of attack.
LINK

There's something going on with this team. Something good, for a change.
Originally posted by matt49er:

After the game, during his presser.

that's almost like saying yeah we played well on O because i finally opened up the playbook. our young players had to point out the obvious and tell me to do it. What exactly did he say about Crabtree?
Share 49ersWebzone