There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West division title back in play

Hopefully Warner starts next week and gets destroyed by the vikes defense.....and then we can finish him off on national television.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'm confident we can put up a good fight in Seattle.

Our players still have something to play for.

-9fA

Agree with that for sure. We need to come out attacking again for sure!
These next two games need to be played like we did today. SWINGING!
No way we win out. We got a lot of breaks and matched up well vs the Jaguars. Our Defense still has some holes and we can't run the ball. I still say 8-8, 9-7 at best
In 2 weeks P-Willy puts old man Kurt down for good, and finally after a decade the Warner curse will be dead once and for all, and all will be right with the world once more.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=52532

Now despite what I wrote a few weeks ago, the 49ers have a shot at a playoff berth, a realistic shot. The teams left on their schedule (at Seattle, Arizona, at Philly, Detroit and at St. Louis) are a combined 21-34.

Arizona, meanwhile, plays teams with a combined record of 26-29 including the Vikings and Packers. It means the 49ers need to go 4-1 in the final five games and they need to beat the Cardinals at home on Dec. 14 to get into the playoffs. That's realistic, and just to think I wrote a couple of games ago that they didn't have a chance. Whoops.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=52532#ixzz0YJEkIJMN
Originally posted by coq49ers:
Long time Webzone follower...first time posting but could not resist after watching this week unfold. Brings some real excitement to the drive from Vancouver to Seattle for next weeks game. Will do my best and bring some real support for our Niners.

Stating the obvious I know, but division games are always tough and even tougher to sweep the series. I do believe we are up to it though...let's go Niners!!!

Represent the Zone!
Originally posted by zachariah94:
not looking past the seahawks but i absolutely cannot wait for the mnf game against the cards

this
Originally posted by calinig4life:
not looking past the seahawks but i absolutely cannot wait for the mnf game against the cards

this

would be nice to have clements back for that game. he plays well against Fitz
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Still got to come up on top of Arizona and Philly.

Does anybody still think 9-7 will get a wild card spot?

9-7 could conceivably give us the NFC West title.

AZ loses to Minnesota, and us on MNF. They win beat Detroit and St. Louis and then lose to GB at the end of the season.

We beat Seattle next week and AZ on MNF. We could lose to Philly (but they've been playing bad ball so that game might be in the air), win against Detroit and St. Louis to finish up the season.

That puts us both at 9-7 and us having sept the division. If we don't beat the Cards again we can't do it.

We're beating Philly
[ Edited by King49er on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM ]
Originally posted by alburns:
Originally posted by calinig4life:

this

would be nice to have clements back for that game. he plays well against Fitz

Spencer played Fitz extremely well week 1. Remember they both went to Pitt.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
First thing's first.........we have to take care of business AT Seattle, a tough place to play.

Next week pretty much determines our season !

Cant wait.

every game here on out determines the season
yes sir we hava shot still too make the division playoff spot. Better late then never right even though we should have a better record than we do have.
we still give up too many yards to teams
  • Austin49erFan
  • Info N/A
I'm hoping for mild weather in Seattle next week! Bad weather favors a running game and the Niners are playing best with the passing game.