There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West division title back in play

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
First thing's first.........we have to take care of business AT Seattle, a tough place to play.

Next week pretty much determines our season !

Cant wait.

ur a 49er fan?

No. I just hang around for the laughs..........

thats wut i thought
Originally posted by nothing03:
Vince Youn is the man it seems he got his swagger back. Another B!tch slap on Leinarts face it's a good feeling to be a niner fan today.

Yes it is!

I thought it was funny how the announcers brought up the fact that Leinert has seen this before (i.e The Rose Bowl) when Young was driving down the field for the final drive.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
How long is Warner out?

He had a concussion and a neck injury if I remember right. He woke up with soreness in his neck and head. With concussions its hard to tell. He may miss next week too but I think he probably will play next week barring another setback.
[ Edited by E-49er on Nov 29, 2009 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
How long is Warner out?

He had a concussion and if I remember right he was cleared by doctors and probably could have played today but the Cardinals played it safe with him. I'm guessing Waner plays next weekend barring any setbacks.

Vikings D is going to bring the heat on Warner
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by znk916:
Cards just lost to the Titans and get the Vikes next week at home. They could be 7-5 headed into their matchup with us.

If we beat the Seahawks next week, we'll be 6-6.

Beating the Cards would put both of us at 7-6, and we would have the divisional record tiebreaker.

Gonna be a strange feeling rooting for Favre next week.

Even if we win the next 2 and they lose the next 2. Their next 3 are vs the @ rams, det and GB week 17. Our last 3 would be @Eagles, Lions, @Rams.

that looks tougher for us, we have to go to philly.

I agree, we still have an uphill climb even if we win the next 2 games. At least we are in the hunt, so that makes the upcoming games interesting.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
How long is Warner out?

He had a concussion and if I remember right he was cleared by doctors and probably could have played today but the Cardinals played it safe with him. I'm guessing Waner plays next weekend barring any setbacks.

Vikings D is going to bring the heat on Warner

Tell me about it. It might be best for them to start Leinert again with Allen being the beast he is and then start Warner against us.
To get to the playoffs, the road is through winning the division.

It's very difficult for us to win a wildcard berth. It would require us to go 10-6 for a legit shot OR 9-7 and some tiebreakers.

As of now this is the standings:

Eagles (7-4) Wildcard
Packers (7-4) Wildcard
--------------
Giants (6-5)
Falcons (6-5)
49ers (5-6)

We lost to the Packers and the Falcons so we won't get in over them in any tiebreaker.

Everybody losing in front of us helps.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 29, 2009 at 5:08 PM ]
Bottom line, the Niners have to win on the road in a tough environment. Let's hope the same mediocre Seahawks team that showed up this week against the Rams, shows up next week at Qwest.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
To get to the playoffs, the road is through winning the division.

It's very difficult for us to win a wildcard berth. It would require us to go 10-6 for a legit shot OR 9-7 and some tiebreakers.

As of now this is the standings:

Eagles (7-4) Wildcard
Packers (7-4) Wildcard
--------------
Giants (6-5)
Falcons (6-5)
49ers (5-6)

We lost to the Packers and the Falcons so we won't get in over them in any tiebreaker.

Everybody losing in front of us helps.

-9fA

PHI and ATL play next week and DAL has NYG so that can help us. If we can win @SEA and beat PHI we have a legit shot. Barring that we win out.
Cardinals remaining games:
Vikings-L
at 49ers-L
at Lions-W
Rams-W
Packers-L

Cards final record 9-7 (0-2 vs 9ers)

49ers remaining games:
at Seahawks-W
Cardinals-W
at Eagles-L
Lions-W
at Rams-W

9ers final record 9-7 (2-0 vs. Cards)=playoffs/division title hopefully we just beat the Eagles though and get in at 10-6 that would be AWESOME.
[ Edited by matt49er on Nov 29, 2009 at 5:36 PM ]
Seahawks are bad. If we can't beat them we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Cardinals remaining games:
Vikings-L
at 49ers-L
at Lions-W
Rams-W
Packers-L

Cards final record 9-7 (0-2 vs 9ers)

49ers remaining games:
at Seahawks-W
Cardinals-W
at Eagles-L
Lions-W
at Rams-W

9ers final record 9-7 (2-0 vs. Cards)=playoffs/division title hopefully we just beat the Eagles though and get in at 10-6 that would be AWESOME.

Dreaming is free!

Hope it happens
Anybody think our Week 15 game against Philly could be flexed into the SNF slot?

They have Minnesota and Carolina in that spot at the moment, but I think that if we win our next two games, that game would have much more playoff implications than a probably meaningless game between MIN and CAR.

Unless they want to have Favre in there - AGAIN.
GO VIKINGS

THANK YOU VINCE YOUNG!

oh yea and

GO FCKIN NINERS GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Cardinals remaining games:
Vikings-L
at 49ers-L
at Lions-W
Rams-W
Packers-L

Cards final record 9-7 (0-2 vs 9ers)

49ers remaining games:
at Seahawks-W
Cardinals-W
at Eagles-L
Lions-W
at Rams-W

9ers final record 9-7 (2-0 vs. Cards)=playoffs/division title hopefully we just beat the Eagles though and get in at 10-6 that would be AWESOME.

Dreaming is free!

Hope it happens

what's so far fetched about it? I think it's very easy to assume we crush the seahawks/rams/lions we already beat the cards and it's very obvious the Vikings are a great team. This is a very likely scenerio.