There are 196 users in the forums

Breakout Game for Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Blah blah blah.... I love his attitude! I want someone with swagger and confidence! I am tired of seeing 49ers always humble with their heads down. Stop whining!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btwagner:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Crabtree dropped a couple passes he shouldn't have today, 1 for a TD. This guy is a natural and it's only a matter of time until he's dominating.

the good thing is that he expects himself to make these catches.....he will keep working on it....I am amazed at how natural the game and position seem for him....I am hesitant to think of what might be(next year) if they continue playing this way

Crabz & SMiff R getting their chemistry on.....so long term godlyness will ensue
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Another solid game for Crabtree, looking at his stats now if we could project them over a 16 game season he's probably at like 900 yards and like 3 or 4 TD's. Very good for a rookie
The boy Crabtree is special....you see the YAC....The Raiders...lol
It seems old crabcakes is bending Singletary's ears out of shape. Better lock them together in a locker room and whoever comes out the niners will benefit. A quiet meek CRABTREE or a SINGLETARY with his brains loosened up a bit.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Minor point, but the posturing and grandstanding when he makes a catch are reminiscent of early Vernon. It's annoying, as are his drops, and I hope Davis takes him aside and gives him some sage advice, since he used to be there. And when your teammates are congratulating you , it's nice to acknowledge them and not ignore them while you're celebrating yourself. Hopefully, like Jerry, he'll correct the dropsies.

let's see if he starts any fights in camp
The NFL Rookie WR Stats show Crabtree outperforming DHB by a large margin despite playing in 5 fewer games. Thanks again Al!
Sort it by YPG and Crabby is #2
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Crabtree also averages 1 dropped TD pass per game.

With that said, JERRY RICE v2.0
  • dj43
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by crzy:
Very disappointed by the dropped touchdown, only because I expect the world from Crabtree.

Agreed. VD dropped another crucial throw as well.

Smith still threw the occasional high ball - but as i've said, if you get two hands on it, you should haul it in.

-9fA
Davis dropped three he should have held.

Besides the two to Crabtree, Jason Hill slipped down on a ball Smith put right on the money.

That's football but Smith could have had an even better day if you add in a few of those drops.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
dropped pass by crabtree might hurt us

i know.. but i am glad that 49ers won! don't worry it.. crabtree is doin good job cuz he helped him make better a qb! Thanks Crabtree
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
dropped pass by crabtree might hurt us

i know.. but i am glad that 49ers won! don't worry it.. crabtree is doin good job cuz he helped him make better a qb! Thanks Crabtree

Yeah..... Thanks crabtree...
I know Crabs dropped an easy touchdown, but what I liked from that play is that Smith threw it up to his guy and Crabs got the separation he needed to try and catch the ball. We need to connect on those, especially for touchdowns, but either way, it was a great look by Smith.
If you think back to the early Jerry Rice years, he'd catch sideline passes after stepping out of bounds. Because he didn't do training camp, Crabtree's going to improve his numbers next season and beyond.
he catches that TD, he has a perfect game. So far, so happy with him. He's proved to be everything i thought he could be.
Share 49ersWebzone