LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Breakout Game for Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
not with this sory ass QB

Well what do you say now? Crabtree shuold've had a TD but since the sorry ass QB put it where only he could get it, he dropped it. Maybe you would've been happier if he threw it to the defender.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by King49er:
not with this sory ass QB

Well what do you say now? Crabtree shuold've had a TD but since the sorry ass QB put it where only he could get it, he dropped it. Maybe you would've been happier if he threw it to the defender.

Don't bait the Alexhaters
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
HAhahahaaha you s**ttin' me? Any team with a woe takes comfort in facing us, so this will probably mean that 'No-name Bob' is going get a career 3 interceptions off of Alex Smith from deflections.

LOL, hope your choking on this one hater!
Crabtree dropped a couple passes he shouldn't have today, 1 for a TD. This guy is a natural and it's only a matter of time until he's dominating.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Very disappointed by the dropped touchdown, only because I expect the world from Crabtree.
You gotta catch the TD, that's on you Crabs, but I'm sure you're your own worst critic and don't need me to tell you that.

The bubble screen is not your fault though. The 49ers DO NOT KNOW how to block for that play AT ALL.
Do they not practice it or anything? Crabtree always has 2 defensive guys running free at him the moment he catches the pass.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giggiddy:
Breakout of Crabs

With VD running wild a break of Crabs is inevitable!
That TD drop was awful. We're forcing the ball to Crabtree and he isn't making plays right now. Step it up.

Luckily Jacksonville was making a ton of mistakes, that TD drop could have cost us.
Originally posted by crzy:
Very disappointed by the dropped touchdown, only because I expect the world from Crabtree.

Agreed. VD dropped another crucial throw as well.

Smith still threw the occasional high ball - but as i've said, if you get two hands on it, you should haul it in.

-9fA
Good thing the drops didn't kill us this week.

Also, the coaches really need to get on him about tucking the ball away when he runs.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:
Good thing the drops didn't kill us this week.

Also, the coaches really need to get on him about tucking the ball away when he runs.

This.

That one run he had after the catch near the sideline could have been an easy strip for a defender.
Not too worried about the drops. JR had his fare share of drops his rookie year as well. What I love is Crabs amazing natural ability. HE will be something special in this league. The 27 yard catch and run was beautiful.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by crzy:

Agreed. VD dropped another crucial throw as well.

Smith still threw the occasional high ball - but as i've said, if you get two hands on it, you should haul it in.

-9fA

He is only gonna get better with more playing time. Should have had a touchdown & almost 100 yards.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Crabtree dropped a couple passes he shouldn't have today, 1 for a TD. This guy is a natural and it's only a matter of time until he's dominating.

the good thing is that he expects himself to make these catches.....he will keep working on it....I am amazed at how natural the game and position seem for him....I am hesitant to think of what might be(next year) if they continue playing this way
Minor point, but the posturing and grandstanding when he makes a catch are reminiscent of early Vernon. It's annoying, as are his drops, and I hope Davis takes him aside and gives him some sage advice, since he used to be there. And when your teammates are congratulating you , it's nice to acknowledge them and not ignore them while you're celebrating yourself. Hopefully, like Jerry, he'll correct the dropsies.
Share 49ersWebzone