There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

jason hill over morgan

Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by afg49:
to me jus by watchin i think hill is better then morgan , hes better at yac and he has speed. We already got a solid possesion reciever in crabtree who also has big play abilty so why not mix it up and start hill on the other side

I disagree, but I hope Jason Hill is able to show his skills this week if he's our 3rd receiver.

Hill will be opposite Crabs, and Morgan will move to the slot in 3 wide sets.

Actually Crabs moves to the slot in 3wide.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
6 Catchs 63 Yards 10.5 Avg, with 2 touchdowns. Hill

24 Catchs 305 Yards 12.7 Avg, with 1 touchdown. Mogan

22 Catchs 292 Yards 13.3 Avg, with 1 touchdown. Crabtree.

Make your minds up for yourself but i think jason hill needs to be involved. im glad issac is not playing so we can see what we have in these guys.

These number are truly pathetic for the offense after more than half the season gone by. The whole WR crew can't crack 1,000 yards combined The only bright spot is Crabtree with comparable numbers to the other guys with half the amount of games.

This is so depressing, I need to go into a feel good hypothetical. Had Crabtree started the season he would have had about 44 catches 600 yards 2TDs with another 6 games to go! Nice numbers for a rookie
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by King49er:
Morgan is very overrated on this board...

So is J Hill..... He's not as fast as his 40 time. He was overrated in college too.

Morgan is a better team player as evidenced by the things he said when Crabtree got his starting spot. All you hear from Hill is complaining about lack of playing time, and talking about showing his skills for the next team who picks him up. Emotionally, he's already moved on from this team.

Morgan and Crabs are our starters.
Sorry hill has every right to be pissed. He has really good. Hands and consistently gets a few yards after the catch. Morgan is responsible for atleast 3 ints this year just because of drops. And has lost 2-3 TSS because of a lack of concentration.

And hill was still an inactive until he got time in the ten game.

a guy can be pissed all he wants, but you dont want a guy that is going to cry about it in the media. Remember T.O.? He was actually quiet until after he got good. If Hill is going down that road now, imagine how it will be when he's a starter. We would have the same attitude with half the talent. It says a lot. That's my only point.

I do think he should get more playing time, but to say he should be starting over Morgan is a bit premature.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

So is J Hill..... He's not as fast as his 40 time. He was overrated in college too.

Morgan is a better team player as evidenced by the things he said when Crabtree got his starting spot. All you hear from Hill is complaining about lack of playing time, and talking about showing his skills for the next team who picks him up. Emotionally, he's already moved on from this team.

Morgan and Crabs are our starters.
Sorry hill has every right to be pissed. He has really good. Hands and consistently gets a few yards after the catch. Morgan is responsible for atleast 3 ints this year just because of drops. And has lost 2-3 TSS because of a lack of concentration.

And hill was still an inactive until he got time in the ten game.

a guy can be pissed all he wants, but you dont want a guy that is going to cry about it in the media. Remember T.O.? He was actually quiet until after he got good. If Hill is going down that road now, imagine how it will be when he's a starter. We would have the same attitude with half the talent. It says a lot. That's my only point.

I do think he should get more playing time, but to say he should be starting over Morgan is a bit premature.

i have no problem with anything hill did. IIRC the beat writers figured out he was mad. and he has been in this leage 3 yrs and has not got his chance, that is nearing the point of yhour career being over.

and then would you rather have a WR who gets you 1 big play a game and then drops some important balls. or one who consistently gets you 6 yards when you need 5?
Morgan had couple of plays that could have cost us. He did not come back to the ball that almost got picked and did not know where the first down marker was forcing us to go for it on 4th and 1 fortunatley we converted.

IMO still seems the Niners think Morgan and Crabtree are the future 1 & 2 WR.
Morgan played well today and should be given a chance at PR. He's a young WR that was a freaking 6th round pick, we need to be patient with him and let him develope. Today was a nice example of his potential.

Hill needs to play more IMO, less 2 TE sets (although Walker looked good today).
It seems to me the staff is sold on Morgan because of his size and blocking ability. But it seems to me , especially if we're going to a two-tight-end spread, that we would be better served to have Hill's speed on the field.

Several times today it seemed like Morgan was close to getting a first down or a least a decent yardage play when he was overtaken by Jags defenders. I had the impression Hill could have made a difference.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

and by the announcers too. They are always talking about how "the niners expect Morgan and Crabtree to be their recieving duo of the future.."

Morgan = Crap (PRESEASON TIGER).

Crabtree = Real Deal.

I rather have Jason Hill over Delanie Walker. Walker had a good game today but in most games, Walker doesn't do anything. He is in there because they love the mismatches but Walker hasn't produced much. They need to give Hill more opportunities.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
I rather have Jason Hill over Delanie Walker. Walker had a good game today but in most games, Walker doesn't do anything. He is in there because they love the mismatches but Walker hasn't produced much. They need to give Hill more opportunities.
Morgan made some hard catches and took a lciking today. Hill.......slipped. in time morgan will be a stud. hill will be on another team...in time!
Originally posted by wailers15:
Morgan made some hard catches and took a lciking today. Hill.......slipped. in time morgan will be a stud. hill will be on another team...in time!

I'd hate to see the hometown kid blow up somewhere else... but I would like to see him find success.
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Morgan had couple of plays that could have cost us. He did not come back to the ball that almost got picked and did not know where the first down marker was forcing us to go for it on 4th and 1 fortunatley we converted.

IMO still seems the Niners think Morgan and Crabtree are the future 1 & 2 WR.

Agreed. For some reason Jason Hill can't get the breaks to move up faster. I think he's a starter type in the NFL for years. I hope its with the 9ers cause I'm not a big Morgan fan.