There are 173 users in the forums

Isaac Bruce Inactive For The Yr

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OK. One down. Now it's mark roman's turn to be inactive. Put Leave Reggie Smith in. give as much people who need playing time and go for first over all.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Somebody please tell me why it takes singFRAUD this long into the season to realize that burying Jason Hill on the roster makes no sense and playing Bruce makes no sense. How many lost games is it? This is our Head Coach. This is our decision maker.

Yup, this is the reason we are 4-6.
Let's look past all the other moves he has made with the team. Ya, let's crucify him! Because he decided to start a HOF WR, over a nobody. [/b]

Can you clarify what those moves were, btw?

yeah, I can only think of two moves that he was clearly responsible for. Starting Rachal and Goldson. I would give him mixed reviews at best for those calls.
Good move to see what the other guys can deliver. But, IMO, it would be a classy move by the 49ers to let Bruce play in the final game of the year in St. Louis, so if Bruce does retire at least his last game can be where he played, and was a pro-bowler, for most of his career.
One of the few smart moves by Singletary this year
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

It doesn't make up for all his stupid moves.
  • carl
  • Veteran
He only gets back on the field if we have an injury. We have 3 young talented receivers who are playing at a high level.

And how many stupid moves has he made compared to good ones? Please list all these stupid moves.

And how many stupid moves has he made compared to good ones? Please list all these stupid moves.

100 to 1 my friend.
Hmm... let's see, how many of us were clamoring for the Morgan, Crabtree (before the holdout), and Hill to be the top 3 WR? It takes the 49er brass till week 12 to do this crappola. Seems we may be right on some aspects of this team...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just cut the old b*****d already.

100 to 1 my friend.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Time to take the old dog out behind the barn and give him his retirement medicine.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ether:
Somebody please tell me why it takes singFRAUD this long into the season to realize that burying Jason Hill on the roster makes no sense and playing Bruce makes no sense. How many lost games is it? This is our Head Coach. This is our decision maker.

Yup, this is the reason we are 4-6.
Let's look past all the other moves he has made with the team. Ya, let's crucify him! Because he decided to start a HOF WR, over a nobody. [/b]

Can you clarify what those moves were, btw?

Motivating Davis to play great? slaying Crabtree? senching Roman? starting Spencer? benching Hill?

Last year by benching JTO, and changes at WR/OL.

He's made more personnel changes, than Nolan has in his tenure with us. He actually starts the best players, or at least tries to.

He also gave Manusky control of the defense, which allowed our DL to play to their strengths; Franklin is having a great year, and Sopoaga is finally producing as well. We are a top run defense team, and our DB's have also played great at times. (cards, seahawks, colts, bears..)

Do you even watch Niners football?

How about releasing rossum he was still better than anyone we had.
How about assuming the oline was ok when we two guards who shoudlnt be starting. RT that shouldnt be starting either. You know the oline is horrible when FRANK GORE has trouble. The oline is a disgrace to look at and it's so far below average its not even funny. Although mike sing has made some great moves he has also made his share of mistakes, which is to be expected of a rookie head coach. It's just we are beggining to go tired of losing so the leash on every coach seems to get shorter and shorter.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Hmm... let's see, how many of us were clamoring for the Morgan, Crabtree (before the holdout), and Hill to be the top 3 WR? It takes the 49er brass till week 12 to do this crappola. Seems we may be right on some aspects of this team...

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM ]
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
wow

I agree with the decision though, let the young ones grow. Thanks for last season Bruce!

Agreed!!!
Share 49ersWebzone