There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our team was set up for Shaun Hill

Originally posted by GEEK:
What happens if we shift more to a spread offense? Will Shaun Hill remain a 49er?

Well Shaun is a good back-up but i think Nate Davis will be QB2 next year
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I pray to god that no 49er team now, or in the future is set up for a quarterback who cant throw a 12 yard out route.

thank you and man you are so right on

Even that baby can figure how to drop back from under Center within 5 years. Too bad Alex can't.

Joe, tell us how you really feel.
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Originally posted by zozell:
Not that Nate Davis is our future, but I pray to God that Singletary does the stand up thing and allows him to compete for the job.

Yes yes, lets give a QB with a learning disability a chance to start in the middle of the season. Than lets put this QB in with a beat up oline, a lack of a running game, and little consistency of any kind with play calling or receivers making plays. Great choice. That would work great towards putting him in a position to be successful. Great message to send to the lockeroom that your giving up this season. Good thing knee jerk reactions doesn't run the NFL or our team. I mean man you think that our offense is boring and conservative now? What do you think would happen when we use a rookie QB who doesn't have a complete grasp of the playbook? Our already vanilla offense would become a Tofu offense. Come on man. This isn't madden. Its dumb to start Davis this season.

Frank Gore has a learning disability, and he is a hell of a football player. Alex Smith is almost a "genius" according to those test standards, and that has not helped him on the football field. When it comes down to it, some people can just play the game better than others, and it has nothin to do with how intelligent they are (Chris Johnson).
I pray to god that no 49er team now, or in the future is set up for a quarterback who cant throw a 12 yard out route.

Even that baby can figure how to drop back from under Center within 5 years. Too bad Alex can't.

You're still a stupid troll.

28,027 posts of pure drivel. What a waste.
Originally posted by GEEK:
What happens if we shift more to a spread offense? Will Shaun Hill remain a 49er?

If you mean "would" Shaun still be the starter if we did open it up earlier in the season....then Yes, I believe he would be.....I believe the games he was allowed to play in a more spread offense this year...he has helped the team drive down the field for key points.

but that doesn't matter now.

Shaun Hill's ceiling is a modern day Chad Pennington.

That is all.

-9fA
When will the Hill enthusiasts give it a rest.

HILL CAN"T THROW the out beyond 20 yards, can't deliver a precise strike 35 yards down the field consistently, and he just can't throw the deep ball well as they float like ducks. The only deep throw that guy had that looked good was the 50 yarder to Bruce and that is it as all the others looked like quackers reaching their target.

Instead, Smith has shown consistency when throwing the deep ball and has looked good doing it. This give our O a fighting chance as it extends the D deep and on the edges allowing more room in the middle for Gore and Davis while Crabtree, Morgan and Hill continue to push the envelope.

Yes, our team started to be set up around Hill. Thank God we have a competent coaching staff to transform the offense in mid season because the QB's talent dictates so. Now, we center around the pass to setup the run.

The OL is not as good as Singletary thought no matter how much support he may give them. His first QB couldn't maintain success once defenses took away the deep ball and dared us to run which we failed. Now, Raye and Singletary must divine a way to use Alex and his talent to propel us to wins and not be scared that he may lose it for us, just trust in Alex.

IMO, that is the only way this team will win. The coaches must trust their players even when they make mistakes.

Let's just see how Alex does on Sunday as he was destined to take over for Shaun, sooner or later. Well, sooner seems to be the choice of fate.

I supported Hill when he was QB while our peeps bashed him. Now, I am supporting Alex as he is now our QB for the rest of the year. It is time for that boy to become a man in the NFL.

Hill had his chance...muffed it.

no team is eve going to be set up for S.Hill or anyone of his skill set.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by ninertico:
When will the Hill enthusiasts give it a rest.

HILL CAN"T THROW the out beyond 20 yards, can't deliver a precise strike 35 yards down the field consistently, and he just can't throw the deep ball well as they float like ducks. The only deep throw that guy had that looked good was the 50 yarder to Bruce and that is it as all the others looked like quackers reaching their target.

Instead, Smith has shown consistency when throwing the deep ball and has looked good doing it. This give our O a fighting chance as it extends the D deep and on the edges allowing more room in the middle for Gore and Davis while Crabtree, Morgan and Hill continue to push the envelope.

Yes, our team started to be set up around Hill. Thank God we have a competent coaching staff to transform the offense in mid season because the QB's talent dictates so. Now, we center around the pass to setup the run.

The OL is not as good as Singletary thought no matter how much support he may give them. His first QB couldn't maintain success once defenses took away the deep ball and dared us to run which we failed. Now, Raye and Singletary must divine a way to use Alex and his talent to propel us to wins and not be scared that he may lose it for us, just trust in Alex.

IMO, that is the only way this team will win. The coaches must trust their players even when they make mistakes.

Let's just see how Alex does on Sunday as he was destined to take over for Shaun, sooner or later. Well, sooner seems to be the choice of fate.

I supported Hill when he was QB while our peeps bashed him. Now, I am supporting Alex as he is now our QB for the rest of the year. It is time for that boy to become a man in the NFL.

Hill had his chance...muffed it.

Examples, please ? I dont think Smith has been consistent in throwing the deep route. if anything, he's been just as erratic as Hill, except he throws a tighter spiral. His over-the-middle passes to VD are similar to what Hill was doing at the beginning of the season. Unless your statement is based on Smith's TD pass to Crabtree, which is comparable to Hill's pass to Morgan in the beginning of the season.

If your going to make blatant statements like this, please be prepared to back them up. The truth is that Smith is playing like, if not worse, than Hill. Another WZ member posted a link demonstrating that the difference between the 2 is that Hill is BETTER in the 4th quarter, and is more likely to bring his team back from behind.

Other than that, the only thing that Alex has shown is a stronger arm, and a lot of you guys are convinced that that aspect alone (not including the percentage completions, etc.) is good enough to give Smith the reigns as future 49er QB.
Originally posted by Squirrel:

You're still a stupid troll.

28,027 posts of pure drivel. What a waste.

Nice, your at 70% warning now, keep it going, don't let us down.
Only Davis has a chance to succeed in the Sing offense. It puts a huge burden on the physical ability of the QB. Hill was actually by far the worst choice to run it. Doh! What a huge, fundamental mistake by Sing. It was soooo obvious.

And for those posters who STILL confuse Davis' problem with a lack of intelligence: look for your photo in the "People of Walmart". You are in there.